• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 01:08 PM

I was just thinking ( that can be dangerous) do you remember what was your parents fav threating saying was to you to get you to quit doing or to do something?

My mom in the car; us kids in the backseat fighting or just anyting. Mom would come off with DON'T MAKE ME PULL THIS CAR OVER.!!! Or to my bother she would say TEDDY I'LL BACK HAND YOU!!!....Oh the memories :-/

Do you have any favorites that you never thought you would say as a parent? (of course I never said those things my Mom did) ;D
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#2 MTV

MTV

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 06:23 PM

My parent's would say that if they seen me with a cigarette,they would make me smoke a whole package,or eat it.(the whole package,that is) ;D

#3 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 08:59 AM

OK to start with I have 8 brothers and 1 sister, so my mom and dad had there hands full. (and just for the record they did not have television back then). My mom would say something to the effect of if you touch your brother again I will kill you, this never effected us a bit cuz mom had killed us before so whats gonna be different this time I am still here. One day my older brother was getting on me really bad and she turned and told him if you touch him again "I WILL KILL YOU DEAD" now this was a new twist. We had been killed before but never killed dead. We didnt want any to do with the dead part so we would chill out.

And just for the record the oldest child is 58 and the youngest is 37, none of us have ever been arrested for any felony (maybe a couple of minor infractions here and there, I spent a night in jail once on a misunderstanding) but none of us were ever career criminals and all have done pretty good in life. So with this in mind I feel that my mom is a real saint, and done great with her raising of this bunch of kids. Ya know when mom called us to dinner you had to run real fast because if you didnt all that was left was chicken backs and a few collard greens. Hell I like backs and greens now, I wonder why.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#4 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 04:36 PM

"I am NOT spending my (insert day of the week here) afternoon in the emergency room!"

therefore, rock climbing, tree climbing, climbing out windows, wheelies, fist fights, you know all the fun stuff for kids was off limits to my brother and me
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#5 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 05:06 PM

Did anyone ever get "wait till your father get home" ? I know I heard that one everyday for... uhh.. I couldn't count the years. I think that was her favorite thing to say.. because It worked :o
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#6 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 12:09 AM

Another one that really got my attention was while sitting in church and cutting up mom would just look at me over her glasses and that was it, the beating was gonna happen. She didnt have to say a word just a look was all it took and I feared going home after church and would pray for a longer service.

And "wait for you father to get home" was never a threat, my mom handled her own business. ;D
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#7 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 07:28 PM

My mom never used the wait till your father came home, it would have been a blessing, he was a mill worker and worked a LOT of doubles, he was too tired for that nonsense, plus my mom was a lot meaner...my kids would rather my husband deal with them then me and they know if they get me so mad that I have to tell my husband they're in BIG trouble cause they stepped over my threshold
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#8 inaspin2

inaspin2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 12:43 AM

I used to lean back in my chair alot, and my Mum always used to say "Do you want me to cut the legs off that chair......? No, well sit properly!!" To this day I still do it and get the same comment from my partner, lol! Some people never learn  ;D
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers you will unfold. What are you waiting for? Spread your wings and soar-Christina Aguilera

#9 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 07:50 AM

My personal favorites that i use on my neices and nephews: "Don't make me come in there!" and "Are you listening to me?"
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#10 lilmisspoing

lilmisspoing

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 08:40 AM

okay my faviourite when i was a kid .............

When me and my little brother would be arguing fighting or anything my mother would say this exactly "If you two don't stop im going to knock both of you into next week"

and of course the wait till ur father gets home

angie

#11 wnterstar

wnterstar

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 04:19 PM

We got all sorts of threats....Most of them started with   If you don't stop that I'll ...

....make you stand outside until you are blue!

...break your arm off and beat you over the head with it!

...Hand you from the chandalier by your thumbs!

My aunt later told me that there were times she had to  leave the room because she was laughing!

She also had a wooden spoon...she would give us to the count of 3 before we got it.  I don't think any of us ever really got past 2 1/2!

The other funny thing was when we would fall and hurt ourselves, she would say something to the effect of "I hope you didn't get blood on the driveway!" in order to distract us and make us laugh!

Mom is great!!!!!!!!!

:P ;D :D ;D

#12 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 09:43 PM

I used to be an absolute hellion in church when I was a wee one.  ;D I'd be climbing all around the pews, jabbering away when it was supposed to be absolute quiet. My mom always leaned over and whispered harshly, "The preist is looking at you...he's gonna think you're a bad girl!" And that did it for me...the priest was like God to me when I was little. I didn't want to get punished!  :'(
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#13 lone

lone

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 10:10 PM

my mother used the i dont know what your fathers going to do when he finds out    i would usually hide for the rest of the day

#14 lilmisspoing

lilmisspoing

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 04:59 AM

Diane,
I had forgotten about the counting I remember that LOL

I don't think me or my siblings ever got past 2 LOL

#15 eulac

eulac

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 07:48 AM

Let's see:

You don't want me to pull over....(this was in the car)
Do you want to get out and walk home? (this was also in the car and usually some distance from home)
Go get the yardstick! (those actually just sting a little)
Bend over and grab your ankles! (after my Dad started using this he never had to spank us again)

Ericka

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users