And I had forgotten about the "You don't want me to pull over!"

We got that too!

#17 lone

lone

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 08:51 PM

another one i used to get was i will send you to an all girls school that would really scare me

#18 wnterstar

wnterstar

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 12:26 PM

My dad used to threaten us with the gypsies comming to take us away!

#19 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 02:39 PM

LoL.. Diane that's a good one, and I forgot about the counting to 3 thing too. Mom never got to 3 !
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#20 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 06:27 PM

My mother's all-time favorites:
"If you (insert undesirable activity here), you'll wet the bed."

"If you kiss boys before the priest tells you to, you'll get germs."

Needless to say we kind figured that was a load of crap by the time were 10.

#21 pohowe

pohowe

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 08:31 PM

Well a few of my mothers fav's.........
    Do you want me to twist your ears off?
    If you want to cry I will give you something to cry about. ( There was no crying to get what you want in my family lol )
    I will string you up by your toes if you don't stop.....

#22 Kellerz

Kellerz

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 01:23 PM

My mum always said that "i'll give you something to cry about" ... i was already crying what was she gonna do??

Also when upset about having to go somewhere in the car "do you want me to turn this car around?!" .... i believe at one point i replied "yes"

But she had me on one thing..horse riding  i didnt miss it ever.... i even went with a broken arm. All she had to say was "i wont let you go horse riding" and i was done.
Hide me from me, fill these holes with eyes for mine are not mine. Hide my head and need, for i am no good, so dead in life, so much time. (Stan Rice 'Cannibal')Just call me Mrs Willard

#23 wnterstar

wnterstar

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 01:41 PM

LOL! Pohow

Sounds like our mothers went to the same parenting school!

#24 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:59 AM

hhmmmm let daddy come home! :D

also used to threaten me telling me about grandfather (dads father). He was an ex-army man and very strict!

and she also used to beat me(with sticks) loads ;D

afterall all between mom and me :-*
Posted Image

#25 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:27 AM

The threat around my house was always being locked up in a mental institution...unfortunately my dad, being somebody who probably *should* have spent some time in one, made it sound a lot more serious than most of these do, so to this day I'm scared of psychiatrists...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#26 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:27 AM

Um...like some of the other posts said, I was a LOT more skerred of my mom than my daddy, lol. In my house, dad was always the 'good cop' and mom...well, my mom was a cross between a saint and Joan Crawford! ;D She'd give me 'look' and say to me, go to the closet and 'fa gua' which in Mandarin meant 'kneel'. Now that doesn't seem like much, but let me tell you, if you kneel continuously, say for half an hour or so, and then get it, it feels like a thousand needles stabbing you because of the rush of blood returing to your limbs! lol It's prolly the most evilly ingenous way to make a child behave, cause you get all the pain but you don't have to lift a finger...just gravity will be enough to punish you...and yeah, no incriminating marks! ;D But the saint part was when she'd go, okay, get up..now we can go to Basken Robbins for ice cream, lol.

But usually, I was the good kid..my cousin however, got it a lot more than me from our grandmother...she'd have a 'special' stick which to administer some corporal punishment and my cousin would always try to hide it from her, lol. She'd go up to me and whisper, "Heh...no beatings for TODAY!" and that's when I knew she had thrown it over the fence once again! LOL

#27 Yosei

Yosei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:32 AM

What about the weird things parents say to get out of awkward explanations?  Until I was 12 I thought the bullet holes in my bedroom wall and ceiling ( my dad was NOT a model of proper gun safety) were mouseholes as my parents told me.  Finally it dawned on me that mice don't build holes that exit on an 8  foot vertical drop...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#28 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:36 AM

LOL..Yos, don't feel bad, gurl...I still remember when I was around 10 or so and we had this stray cat as a pet. Well, I guess they didn't want it anymore because when I returned home from the movies, my mom told me, in a very sad and totally serious way, that the cat had injested rat poison and had turned into a HUGE rat and they had to shoo it away! lol And let me tell you, that little tidbit really did QUITE a turn on me because for YEARS I thought that it was true...god, NOW I realized why I got my degree in psych...it was to help people like ME! ;D

#29 Yosei

Yosei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:40 AM

Hhehe...Yeesh, it was enough to tell you the cat got rat poison, adding that little bit of fantasy to it was just bizarre!  :D

#30 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:41 AM

...god, NOW I realized why I got my degree in psych...it was to help people like ME! ;D

:o :o

[smiley=cwm27.gif]
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users