Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Can solar storms affect paranormal activity?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:51 AM

I'm seeing articles on the internet about the increase in solar storms that will cause problems in communications because of electromagnetic pulses from geomagnetic or solar storms.

Could this cause an increase of paranormal activity?

Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#2 Old Guy

Old Guy

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:08 AM

I absolutely believe they can and do. Full moons do. Ask any law ennforcement officer or ER nurse.

The brain, after all, is an electro-chemical organ.
Cynic. Skeptic. Believer.|||||||^

#3 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:10 PM

I also believe it can. :)
petunia4998

#4 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:10 PM

I can't say whether it will affect paranormal activity, but it certainly wll increase the amount of perceived activity. Increases in RF propogation for example. It will push the demands of RF shielding in all audio equipment. Those with good quality, well shielded, equipment may not notice much change. But those who insist on using cheap voice recorders and KII meters will almost certainly see an increase in activity due to increases RF activity from manmade sources.

It will push a new urgency to upgrade to a better grade of equipment.

#5 Old Guy

Old Guy

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 04:17 PM

I can't say whether it will affect paranormal activity, but it certainly wll increase the amount of perceived activity.

That is a much better way of stating it.

I wish I had said that. ;-)

#6 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:03 PM

It could provide energy for such activities.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#7 ohreally?

ohreally?

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:36 PM

Opinions aside how on Earth would anyone know ?

#8 ohreally?

ohreally?

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

I absolutely believe they can and do. Full moons do. Ask any law ennforcement officer or ER nurse.

The brain, after all, is an electro-chemical organ.

The Moon is always full. It's even full during a New Moon. It's just not lit up by the Sun. I'm certain there's a less mysterious reason why there's a * perceived connection between increased weird human activity and the Moon. Before artificial lighting the idea of 'lunacy' probably arose from the fact that during other phases of the Moon there's not enough light at night by which one could perform activities safely, so people stayed inside. If you've ever been outside far away from urban lighting during a full Moon you'll see for yourself that the full Moon provides enough light to see by.

* In reality studies [ police records and emergency records] have shown there's no correlation between the full Moon and human behavior at all.

#9 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:59 PM

Although the moon is full all the time, when the sun lights it up all the way to become the "full moon" we've all come to love, I believe it does have an effect on people, just like it does on the oceans and seas.

Not all people act stupid by the full light of the moon. It also brings out the hopeless romantic. Personally when I see the full moon, I get relaxed. Its such a cool thing to see. But when I worked in the hospital here in town, the nurses and EMT's would swear that their busiest nights were those on the full moon nights. I just thought that Fridays & Saturdays were an excuse for the bored & reckless to show their stupidity....and if it fell on full moons well, then there you are.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#10 Old Guy

Old Guy

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:42 AM

* In reality studies [ police records and emergency records] have shown there's no correlation between the full Moon and human behavior at all.

References in support of your "reality" will always be appreciated.

My Mrs.' family history is replete with police, firefighters, nurses, ...

All would argue against that point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users