130 replies to this topic

#16 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 11:51 AM

Money!!!  ;D Just kidding.

Girl you crack me up! let's talk honesty now.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#17 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 05 June 2003 - 04:04 PM

[glow=green,2,300]Emotional intamacy[/glow] is the answer in my opinion.  :P

It breeds trust, because after all, Being able to be who you are, without fear of not being loved is the key to being honest with yourself and others.

If we allow those we have relationships with to simply be who they are and either take or leave them on that basis , it eliminates alot of deception and hurt.  :-/

Rockhauler2k1
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#18 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:18 PM

Shannon, you ain't Pure Evil but you are    PURELY    E V I L! ;D ha! Nonnie, does she makes you laugh with that EVIL ways? :P
Posted Image

#19 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:39 PM

Hi, Shanon, I couldn't agree more*except of course with the last point*its not the easiest thing to do. I think<pardon the ramble>a lot of people see a relationship, even a marriage as two people who see eye to eye on EVERYTHING, the myth of two people walking as one...maybe its just me but I can't think of a worse fate. My ideal mate-while there should be common interest-will spend entire nights staying up and debating poetry, art and the meaning of life 8)

Hi, Rock, an excellent answer and someday I hope to find that special someone :P
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#20 SpiritsOfMd

SpiritsOfMd

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:A little 'bit of everything!

Posted 06 June 2003 - 05:29 AM

I would have to disagree with trust being on the top of the list ::P  Trust in my oppinion can only be formed over time.  Most problems in relationships occur after the honeymoon period is over leaving many flabbergasted at the deceit there partner was able to embark upon them and it hurts all that much worse because you trusted them, well this is why I think people put to much emphasis on trust.  Trust is built not given, I wouldnt trust my 3 year old with the neighbor  because they seemed sweet and looked pretty and I knew them for 3 months. But I am not saying everyone is a liar either, lol ;)

I think the core of a good relationship starts with attachment. When a child is born they are unattached to the mother so to speak, they become attached over time. Just as a relationship your attachment to a certain person comes from the building of the relationship and the good times and bad. You have to need the person your with to a degree in order to treat them with respect when making discissions based on honesty, if you dont need them your more likely to be dishonest, if you value them and need them then you will do your best to spare your partners feelings. But everyone will fail at some point and the the very thing you will perceive as a lie can often turn out to be just an oppinion of your partners and without time you will not be able to rationalize their thinking for feeling this way ???  Okay i have been sick and am feeling alittle spacey so befor I confuse anyone anymore I will hush, lol ;) But here is my breakdown on relationships;

1. Physical attraction (gotta have it for the bedroom, if not now in a couple of years lol)
2. Attachment
3. Value of the person
4. Compatibility
5. Desire
6. Motive (most people have one)
7. Trust
[FONT=Courier][COLOR=blue]"EVEN IF YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK, IF YOU JUST SIT THERE YOU WILL STILL GET HIT"

#21 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 04:15 PM

:oDANG, Spirits! I value trust and honesty, but I can't argue your point, very well said. Hope you feel better soon
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#22 MsPms

MsPms

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 02:29 PM

All those things you all said are needed for that life long marriage/family relationships. At the moment i'm in a rather nice and comfortable relationship and I gotta tell ya...
Its all about sex.

I told him that I did not want to be his girlfriend, dont want to hang out with him. This might sound kinda mean but it worked.
We have been together for 5 years. Its perfect.
:P
Posted Image

#23 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 06:47 PM

My insight is very limited into what makes a relationship work since I haven't gotten it right yet. I guess some common goals are good, compromise is a must, honesty, being able to share your feelings without getting too gushy, hmm.... Sounds like I'm rambling here.

Yes, sex is probably number two behind the ability to understand the other person.

#24 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 08:11 PM

Wellll...............after a VERY VERY VERY BAD experience tonight.....I'd have to say the priority before you give your heart away is to love yourself first. I know that may sound egotistical...but you have to be comfortable with yourself before you put your heart on the line. You gotta stand up for yourself if you're treated like crap (I'm happy for you JustMe!)....and you shouldn't put up with someone who doesn't respect you and your beliefs...which is what I've been doing for too long it seems.... I have major trust issues....too many broken hearts....but I'm happy with myself....and that's all that matters for right now!
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#25 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 09:06 AM

Amen to the trust and broken hearts.

#26 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 01:15 PM

Maharet, I agree, lots of betrayals and fluff ups as far as trusting to the wrong type of person over the years, but eventually, if you're lucky, you find the right person or someone who isn't a total troll, Hun :P

Ghosthunter_Girl, I think you hit it, you really can't love another or allow yourself to be loved without loving yourself first

#27 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 07:15 PM

I'm waiting for the human among the trolls - I don't think he exists at this stage in the game.

#28 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 24 June 2003 - 08:37 PM

if I were a woman, DIAMONDS

but since I am a man, WARMTH  ;) (can be hot too ) :P
Posted Image

#29 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 04:52 AM

Relationships much like this question are complicated, theres so many obvious answers but for me these traits include(in no particular order) respect, intelligence, trust, physical attraction, sense of humor and compassion...the one thing i always ask for is the respect for individuality, most times people fall in love and theres always something down the road they want to change about the other person (give it bad habits, way they dress...etc) If you fell in love with that person, you shouldn't want to change them unless its a problem thats life threatening!
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#30 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 05:16 AM

First of all I have to be attracted to them in some way,
I enjoy intelligence, I don't like talking to a rock,
Then I have to like them, this can take some time,
Then I must be able to trust them,
Since of humor is a must, you gotta make me smile,
Good sex is always a plus,
I have to learn to love you,
Then when it comes that nothing else matters but you, then we have it made.

Of course a fishing boat and owning a liquor store can make it all worthwhile, J/K   ;D
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users