• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#121 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 05:08 PM

Hmmm...I agree that there has to be a mix of passion and common interest. Okay, I'm gonna toss out something that a very special friend asked me last night. "If you had a dozen white roses and a dozen red and were asked to make up a bouquet of 12 for the special person in your life, what would the arrangement look like?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#122 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 05:34 PM

If I am not mistaken, Red means love, respect, and passion, and White means purity, innocence and worthiness.

Based on this, I would say 8 red and 4 white.  The red being greater in number to signify my love and respect for the person.  The white would be less in number, because I really think that it is arrogant to deem somebody “worthy” of your “company”.  And purity and innocence aren’t really a factor.  

Of course, if you mix red and white together, it is a sign of togetherness.
Posted Image

#123 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 09:14 PM

You're not mistaken Justa, you got the meanings right *knows he loves hearing the words, you're right* ;) though white roses are said to mean worthiness of the person giving them, can also mean secrecy & charm

Great question to ponder though Drew, i'd have to go with the mixing of the two, 6 of white, 6 of red, which to me symbolizes what a relationship truly means to me personally, unity [smiley=cwm38.gif]
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#124 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 06:56 AM

White roses also mean independance. But, yeah, my answer was also 6/6, because I would want this person to have their own goals, life and opinions, sometimes its the differences that make things more intriguing. Personally, I'd prefer someone who'd spend a night debating the meaning of life with me than someone who agrees with everything :-/
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#125 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 20 April 2004 - 08:59 AM

am not for "everlasting" debates, neither "everlasting" approvals either!
Posted Image

#126 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:15 PM

I also picked six and six...lol For I believe that love without the freedom of will is much like cheap alcohol...very intoxicating, but dude, can leave a bad taste in the mouth!  [smiley=cwm1.gif]

#127 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:24 PM

*gets frugal and buys 6 Pink roses* ;)  that adds up to 6 red added to 6 white... but mine will be a darker pink, because I am staying with 8 and 4.
Posted Image

#128 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 06:38 AM

Moon, Sorry...I meant someone who wouldn't be afraid to voice or HAVE opinions of their own for fear of judgment or disagreement. I've had g/f's who went out of their way to mold their opinions to another...it gets old fast

#129 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:15 AM

;D
Posted Image

#130 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 04:15 PM

Hear, hear, whispers! ;D A spine is a wonderful thing to possess in a REAL relationship...after all, it's a combination of souls rather than just one overshadowing the other...although won't object if I hear, 'Yes, dear. Immediately, dear,' when I ask 'em to do the laundry! ;)

#131 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:56 PM

Stranger things have happened, Shellas ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users