• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#1 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 04:54 PM

A really good friend of mine once told me "To find a lover, first find a friend whom you can love." I've survived A LOT of disasterous relationships<lol*probably
'cause I didn't listen to Chy 8)>but what's the most important trait in a relationship to you??
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#2 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 05:00 PM

It's got to be trust for me and someone who doesn't need their ego stroked every time you turn around.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#3 MTV

MTV

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 05:06 PM

Honesty and trust.If you can't trust your girlfriend or boyfriend,and they can't be honest with you,what's the sense of having a relationship.Honesty & trust are number 1,and I'm sure a lot will agree with me,oh I forgot you have got to have thing's in common,that does help. ;)

#4 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 08:39 PM

I can't really place one trait in a relationship above any others. One of the most important to me is respect. If a guy treats me like crap, then he is definately not worth my time....and believe me, I've had plenty of those type of relationships.  >;) Another one is of course trust. If you can trust your significant other, then how could you possibly enjoy the relationship? Just a thought....
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#5 wayne2241

wayne2241

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X radio network, Mondays at 10pm eastern time, 7pm pacific. Go to http:www.para-x.com

Posted 03 June 2003 - 08:43 PM

Respect, trust, honesty, communication, attentiveness, these are just some of the qualities that I feel must be in equal supply for a healthy relationship.

MRIP

Posted Image

Listen to Spooks R Uson the Para-X network on Mondays at 9pm eastern time, 7pm pacific time. http:www.para-x.com

#6 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 03 June 2003 - 08:46 PM

Intelligence is the key in a lasting mate.  Yes, intelligence it is! ;)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 03 June 2003 - 09:05 PM

Honesty comes first and close behind is Respect. I personally do not think your so called best friend can be your perfect mate. I have had a bad experience. We were very close and understanding friends, but no so when it came to relations. :-[
Posted Image

#8 JeniSue21

JeniSue21

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 June 2003 - 09:12 PM

I would have to agree with many who posted before me and say that the one on the top of my list is trust.  Followed very closely by respect and loyalty.  Just my opinion though...... ;)
Jen

#9 nonnie

nonnie

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 07:37 AM

I totally agree with all of you but I think we've all forgotten one important thing.....humor!  :P If a guy can't make me laugh life becomes boring!!  ;D

#10 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 08:10 AM

:o ;DDANG...posted this just before going to work last night and am all happy and gushy about the responses, thanks guys! For myself, its a mix, respect, honesty, common ground, humor and intelligence are definite +es
and love, for a lasting relationship

Moon, I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I do think
its entirely possible to have a mate who's your best or even bestest friend, some things do change at the point of transition, but like any relationship, friendships included, it requires work :-/
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#11 JustMe

JustMe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 09:36 AM

I would definitely have to agree with honesty and trust being top 2.

I as married to someone who for many years was a lying, cheating, stealing ego maniac :-[ (he wasn't like that when we first married, mutated into the hidious monster after about a year of marriage). After 5 years of putting up with it, I finally left.

Every thing happens for a reason:

I am now with a WONDERFUL man, We had been VERY good friends for 17 years before we starting dating. We are about to go on our 4th year now. Life is good :D

#12 misha

misha

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 10:06 AM

Mmmm...gotta agree with Nonnie...laughter is high up on the list, followed by communication, and honesty.
Had a 13yr marriage and got three beautiful children and let's just leave it at that.
I met the man who is now my husband on the worst possible night of my life and he made me laugh...we became great friends and he is still the "bestest" friend in the world to me.
Life is very, very good indeed.

#13 hoppip

hoppip

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 07:23 AM

Trust is what is most important to me ;D

#14 PureEvil

PureEvil

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 08:15 AM

Money!!!  ;D Just kidding. What makes a good relationship is being willing to bend (Both persons) and seeing things from the others point of view even when you may not agree and also ALWAYS listen to the women we know best LOLOLOL Sorry, I had to put that last one in  :P

Hugs
Shanon

#15 dntueva

dntueva

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:14 AM

Hi all Great question
Ofcoarse i will have to also say Trust ,why cause it is the foundation that we all build from.

Second and as important, Honesty, cause without that there would be no trust.
For us also these are high up on the list you must be able to do these as well.
Give and recieve.
Also helping do the dishes is always appriciated my Honey Bunny and I do this.
If I cook she does em If she cooks I do em.
Communication (honest)
is really great also

Thanks Michael  

Posted ImageIt Always Pays To Pay Attention

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users