My Ghost Story

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

http://www.biography...=my ghost story

This show deals with ordinary people who tell their stories and show what photos/videos they have to back them up. The only thing I don't like is that there is no talk of the 'evidence' being analyzed. It is the person who tells what happened to them. There are four or five segments each show, and so far it's been interesting. In last night's episode, I came to the conclusion that two were showing faked evidence, but then that's just my opinion. It is an entertaining show, however, and I think I'll be watching it in the future. Anyone else see this?
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#2 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:18 PM

No, I haven't watched it before, but I will definitely check it out now. :kitty:
petunia4998

#3 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

Only seen two episode so far. My take:

Pros

* Good, credible stories.
* Told by the people who experienced them.
* Usually accompanied by video or photos.
* Minimum of hype and dumb camera effects.
* minimum of reenactment

Cons

* Video and photos not assessed critically by researchers.

Its currently on the Bio channel after Celebrity Ghost Stories, at 10 pm. Check your local listings.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#4 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:22 PM

I agree, good show :kitty:
It's just Becca Posted Image

#5 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:31 PM

Thumbs down on it from my perspective. They tell a good ghost story, much as any story teller might do around the campfire. But there is no critical analysis of it, and as such no attempt to explain or debunk. So how does one verify the stories are true? Or just something put together for the "spook factor"?

#6 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

Well, I wouldn't give it a thumb's down exactly. I made the point in my first post that they don't analyze the photos or video and that takes credibility from the program. But from an entertainment stand point, it's a good show.

Did you catch the segment about the family on the farm in Wisconsin? There is footage of an abandoned farmhouse. It's full of furniture and there is no explanation of why the furniture is there. At one point, a grandfather clock, which very oddly is in the middle of a room, begins to fall forward. The problem for me with this is that you never see the bottom of the room and there are all sorts of boxes around it. Someone could very easily be laying on the floor behind the clutter and pushing it forward. Same for the footage of a rocking chair that falls over. It's surrounded by all sorts of clutter and you don't see the bottom of the chair. Again, someone could simply be pulling it over under cover of the junk. But what really made be be doubtful of their story was the attitude of the wife. She is smiling the whole time she is talking about how frightened she was and concerned for her children's safety. I'm sorry, but if I was scared for my kids, I don't care how long ago it happened, it would not be something I'd smile about.

I'll continue to watch it, but like I said, it's an entertainment show.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#7 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:03 PM

When I give the thumbs down, it's as I said based on its value as an investigative show. As for its entertainment value I would say not too bad. But my comparison to a campfire ghost story is not by accident. I never did care to hear someone relate such things on TV. They are much better done in person, on a dark night, where the spook factor can really be appreciated. For me in a case like that I can let imagination take over and really appreciate a good ghost story, factual or just an urban legend.

There is just something about TV that doesn't allow one to really get into the story. Maybe its just about the time things get interesting they break and we get a loud obnoxious commercial thrown at us. Kind of just kills the theme....

#8 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:06 PM

I love a good story...this show was ok...alot better than the silly "para-reality" out there, and got to see places I'd never heard of. If they got into researching the history deeper and really fed the legends and stories with the history it would make it a little more interesting, but all in all I liked it.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#9 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:56 AM

I agree, this show is purely for entertainment.....why is it that ALL paranormal shows have to PROVE something to be of any value?? I like the stories they tell on the show, the one last night about the spa looks very interesting, I would like to see that place investigated by a team....but the story is quiet interesting. And, what a touching story about the flower shop. And for the participants in the show, I have much respect for them coming out & telling their stories (the ones that are true) because for some people that is a major step for them & something that might have been very hard for them to do. Props to the entire show....keep up the good story telling!!! :clap:
It's just Becca Posted Image

#10 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:02 PM

Hello all! If you want the evidence, the debunking, and the true footage of our work. Then tune into the Hallooween special that we will be featured on Oct 30th. We all hope you will enjoy our episode. The producers saved the best for last! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#11 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:16 PM

Of course, I have to add my two bits in too, even though, Dave did a great job. Yes, there were some couples that we met going in and out of our hotel and to and from the studio set and yes some were there just to explain their personal encounter and show the evidence that they believe to back up their claim. BUT, then there are others like Dave and I, who are paranormal investigators, who were asked to be featured in the show. I honestly cannot say if a couple of the footage of evidence that was brought by non-experienced personal encounter from the host was fraudulant, but that was what they really did have to feel to back up their claim, they really believe that this was the a big turning event that occurred to make them believe in the paranormal. I know to some who are more experienced in the paranormal can tell what kind of malfunction produced a flaw to make a paranormal effect to occur, but I do believe even though we can spot a flaw that this did not make anyone's experince on the show less real to them. So, yes I do give them all 100% credit to give their best to explain what occurred to them to make them a believer. That's not to say that all the footage is by non crediable investigators of the show. We were asked to show and explain in great depth, detail, and have our footage back up our accounts. I would say it's more of a time factor than than a lack of presentation and explanation on the hosts part. Each segment is broken down to time appearance time slots. Dave and I were their underneath the hot lamps in huge studio being interviewed by an unseen person, whose questions and their appearance was later edited out of the show, so that waywe were explaining to her in great detail about our footage, evidence, and why it's considered paranormal in every way we tried to recreate what we captured. I know I was underneath the lightsbeing grilled for probably almost 3 1/2 hrs. worth, Dave was about 2 1/2 hrs. But do to time constraints alot does have to be edited. It was a great time, a great experince for us, and we were thrilled to be asked to share our evidence with all the viewers who will be tuning in. So, check Dave and I out on Halloween, on the A&E Bio Channel at 10 p.m.They are also posting up episodes online now too! Dave checks frequently to see if they are posting it online yet, no go so far. But they do have episodes 1-8 posted. We are thrilled to be also featured on Oct. 30th episode. All I can say with a little hint is that not only is Gettysburg a National Historical Landmark, but for us history buffs who like to know how history combines with the evidental proof that does give backup the existence to life after death and how it can be told to anyone anywhere and they are fascinated by the evidence and how you can find the truth through history to explain these accounts. So stay tuned and be prepared to be fascinated by our captures. Julie and Dave
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#12 mikemgmve

mikemgmve

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:31 PM

last 2 episodes have been filled with real stinkers.

Especially the first story from last nights episode with the giraffe statue. The video and audio all looked fake, and done poorly at that.

#13 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:11 AM

I agree that the giraffe statue video looks like it would be very easy to duplicate. All a person would have to do is hide behind that large armoire (that the statue was behind) and push the statue forward. If it was placed on a board with castors attached, it would roll very easily and if that floor was carpeted it would account for when it almost tipped over. Still, it's a very entertaining program - that is how you have to look at all shows on the paranormal. That they are for entertainment purposes only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users