• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 02:29 AM

I was wondering, what is the most heroic thing you or others that you know have done? This can be both personal or 'friend of a friend' stories. The one that I have involved my own father. When he and my mother were dating, a group of local thugs came upon them while they were chatting on a bench in the park. The thugs, of course, expected my father to run like a chicken with its head cut off, leaving my very pretty mother to their evil clutches, but good old dad stood his ground. My mother wasn't helping matters either...she kept yelling curses at them and said that her boyfriend (my poor dad) would beat them to a bloody plup! Of course, dad kept whispering to her to knock it off, but he stayed there as the four men took turns beating HIM up with sticks! But in the end, they hoods ran off, and bloody and covered with bits of grass, he crawled over to my mom, who was kept safe by his heroic sacrifice...her own personal Sir Galahad! lol

So, please share and tell me what you or others have done to be worthy of the title 'HERO'!  ;D

#2 Paul_G

Paul_G

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 13 April 2004 - 09:34 AM

I can't compete with that. I feel quite cowardly now  :'(.

I guess you never know if you're a hero or not until such a physical test comes. I hope, that if something like that arises, that I do as well as your dad!

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 13 April 2004 - 09:42 AM

I would say, when we went on a tour to a hill resort and my then girl friend was kinda threated by the local goons, and I hit him on face and he lost 2 tooth lol. After the incident I had my friends ganged around (we were a gang of 18 girls and boys), and they backed off. I atleast I know I have a high temper, and since have succedded in keeping my temper in control, but it sure does flare up once in a while.
Posted Image

#4 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 04:32 PM

Sorry, I don't toot my own horn, but I can give you some references of people who will tell of my escapades ;)

However I will tell of the heroic deeds of others.  Any man or woman who puts on a uniform and swears to die for the protection of their country and it's way of life is a hero in my mind.

If you don't mind, I will post a poem in here, I know this isn't the poetry thread, but it goes with my post.

It is the Soldier,
not the reporter who has given us freedom of press

It is the Soldier,
not the poet who has given us freedom of speech

It is the Soldier,
not the campus organizer who gives us freedom to demonstrate

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
who serves beneath the flag,
and whose coffin is draped by the flag,
who allows the protester to burn the flag.

Father Dennis Edward O'Brien
Posted Image

#5 ghosthunter1010

ghosthunter1010

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 April 2004 - 04:36 PM

When the outskirts of hurricane Andrew hit West Palm Beach my boyfriend and his step sister help to pull a guy out of the Boyton Beach Intlet.
The guy had wanted to surf in the huge waves no matter the cost.
While they pulled him out the waves were pounding up and over the intlet wall.
That was one of the most heroic moments that I have seen

#6 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 02:42 AM

WOW, great tales guys! Ghosthunter, I am so thoroughly impressed by what your bf and step sister did for that man...truly worthy of retelling.

And Justa, have to agree with you there, man. My cousin-in-law is a Navy Seal and what he has to go through in order to serve his country has always filled me with both reverence and respect. Wars and such are usually the fruits of egomanical leaders, but the soldiers...they are the ones that really give the blood that continues to water the tree of liberty...inspiring poem!

Moon...you...MOON! ;D All's I know is that I hope that my future bf will be that heroic and smack down a hood for me! Highly romantic stuff...;D

And Paul...honestly, after reading your rant, I have to say that you are a hero for being able to suffer such asinine corporate bullBAD_WORD...lol. So, pat yourself on the back, dude, Office Space men RULES! ;D

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:23 AM

lol @ shellas. It is not about being heroic. It is about protectiveness ;)
Posted Image

#8 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 09:03 AM

well, that's the same thing in my book! ;) When someone will risk their own safety for another...how else would you describe it?

So anyone else have a hero or have been someone ELSE'S?? C'mon don't be shy...TOOT that horn! ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users