Enchanted Forest experiences

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 just curious

just curious

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:44 PM

Hi I am new to these boards and was wondering if anybody can help me out. I am planning on visiting the "enchanted forest" aka "haunted forest" in Pasadena/Altadena, California tomorrow night.

At this point I am not really concerned about ghosts or apparitions. Mainly me and my friends want to experience something new. However during our research we come across some rumors that may deter our visit.

1. "The KKK use the area for rituals and what not and they may try to scare/kill/harm you no matter what race"
2. "You can get cited by the LA county Sheriff" - The enchanted forest is on public U.S. Forest Service land and has a bunch of hiking trails. So I am not sure why people are so afraid of the police. If anybody has any experience please clear this up. I don't want anything on my record.
3. "There are gangbangers" - I am a local and I didn't know that area had gang activity.
4. "There are drunkards, stoners, and just very shady people" - This I can deal with, but if there is anything real dangerous I would like to know about it.

Thanks for reading guys. Replies will be much appreciated.

#2 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:04 PM

I don't live in that area, so I don't know much about the human type hazards.

On your number
1) probably just a rumor.
2) always a possibility but not a probability. You might want to check and see if you need any permits.
3) Gangbangers usually stick to cities. Unless they have a pot farm out there or its a drug running meeting area.
4) Areas like this always attract this type. You just need to be careful. Take pepper spray or even better, Wasp spray.

I would also watch out for rattlesnakes.

Good hunting!
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#3 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:21 AM

I don't live in that area, so I don't know much about the human type hazards.

On your number
1) probably just a rumor.
2) always a possibility but not a probability. You might want to check and see if you need any permits.
3) Gangbangers usually stick to cities. Unless they have a pot farm out there or its a drug running meeting area.
4) Areas like this always attract this type. You just need to be careful. Take pepper spray or even better, Wasp spray.

I would also watch out for rattlesnakes.

Good hunting!

Good advice, but I would be very cautious about using the wasp spray. It might not be legal to use on a human for self defense.

Here is the Snopes write-up on it:
http://www.snopes.co...t/waspspray.asp

...and another page on self defense for women with a little info about it.
http://www.selfdefen...wasp-spray.html

Hope this is helpful, Canis

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#4 just curious

just curious

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. Heading there tonight. Hopefully there will be no trouble.

#5 ChuckMcB

ChuckMcB

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:02 AM

From my own experience with a local site fitting this description, there is probably no substance to the kkk or gang rumors but you absolutely might have the oppurtunity to meet your local sheriff's deputies. Chances are they are very nice reasonable people who will just ask you to leave but you still don't want to meet them.
Paranormal Investigations: 8Last Investigation: 12-16-11Founder: Gulfview Paranormal Hernando Beach, FLEmail Us: GulfviewPI@mail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users