• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 ParanormalTeen

ParanormalTeen

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:24 PM

Ok, Update on the situation guys.

At first, the advice and assurances some of you guys gave me worked quite well and I slept relatively peacefully for about 3 weeks.

But then the dreams came back again, almost every night. It didn't matter if I was sleeping on my back (that usually triggers sleep paralysis) or what time I went to bed, or even if I was wearing my cross or not. They were strange, though in a different way. The scary figures dissappeared almost completely (I only get them every once and awhile, and this last time it looked to be a regular man) but were replaced by a voice and more pain. It is the same voice every time, and it seems to be coming as if whispering to me from behind. It is the voice of a man, his words raspy as if he had been smoking or has a strong sore throat. I never make out what he says, only a few words. The most I could figure out was "I will-" and the rest I just can't remember/couldn't understand.

I'm no longer scared the the dreams, I am more intriuged on the matter than anything else. Does anyone have a suggestion or theory about what is going on and how to stop it?

Thanks for reading and writing, it is always a huge help.

#17 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:41 PM

Hi, ParaTeen and welcome to GV

I'm not an MD but inclined to agree with sleep paralysis compounded with sleep deprivation...hallucinations wouldn't be unheard of since after 36 hours without sleep the brain starts shutting down. I'm not punking you just giving it to you as straight as I can, I'd recommend talking with your Dr since the nightmares have been ongoing
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#18 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:38 AM

Many of researchers state that alien abduction is nothing more than Sleep Paralysis, so try not to worry because I believe it is SP and the more you think about it, the more it could happen. My son suffered for years with it. Finally the doc told him NOT to nap, and do some relaxing breathing exercises when you go to bed, and also think of nice and happy things. DONT sleep on your back, and stay away from Soda or anything with Caffeine. These will subside as you get older.....Pleasant dreams..

#19 HauntingMe

HauntingMe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:29 PM

As others have said, I am not a doctor but it does sound like sleep paralysis. I have had it for years. It mainly happens for me if I am extremely stressed out or extremely tired. The main thing for preventing it from happening to me is NOT falling asleep on my back especially such as never falling asleep in a recliner laid back. The worst sleep paralysis I ever experienced was when I had fallen asleep reclining in a recliner. It lasted for well over an hour and in my mind I was yelling for someone to help me but those around me said they heard nothing and thought I was laying there with my eyes open thinking. I could not move any part of my body other than being able to open my eyes. I remember trying to pick my head up and i could not it felt like it weighed a ton. Just thinking about that experience brings back the fear and terror I felt at that time.

I hope that you are able to control your situation better than I was able to control mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users