Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

I'd like to become more sensitive to the paranormal.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 MrsWellman

MrsWellman

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:22 PM

First of all, I'm new to this site and I absolutely love it. I was drawn to it after experiencing some paranormal activity at work, and I'm surprised by the depth of information. It's really opened my eyes to another world.
I've been reading a lot of old posts, and many mention that everyone is innately born with some kind of latent "sensibility"-- to see paranormal activity, etc. I really hope this is true. I am so open-minded to this, and I always have been, and I really want to further my depth in this area.
While I have never seen a spirit, ghost, or any other type of paranormal "being," I feel that I should be able to. I feel like I have something that I need to draw out. I've had things happen where I believe I am already kind of sensitive to begin with. For example, my dreams usually have crossover meanings. This is also true of my mom (who has seen ghosts, and lots of other women in my family, just not me). Ever since I was little, every time I have a dream where someone I know dies, something big happens to them. These can be good or bad. These aren't things that we are expecting, like a sick family member dies, and I often don't dream about people I'm particularly close to. For example, when I was little, I had a dream my mom died in this really horrible, graphic way. The next week she told me she was pregnant. I had a dream my best friend's dad died, the next week he was rushed to the hospital with a unexpected pancreatic ailment. When I was away at college, I had a dream that this family friend had died, and my mom called a few days later and told me that he had a brain aneurysm. There are more examples of this.
Also, I'll have these weird moments of deja vu where I can almost "foresee" what's coming next, but it's never anything significant. One instant of this is when I was sitting in the back seat of my mother's car, and I had the weirdest sense of deja vu, like I felt I had been in the same situation before: same car, same surroundings, same conversation about someone's family, and I thought, "Next, she's going to say something about someone moving to Wyoming" and she did. I was amazed, and kind of freaked out. This had happened a couple times in class where I had this deja vu then I felt I was "given" this answer to an unknown question.
I also feel that, sometimes, I can sense things before they happen. This is very faint, but it happens undeniably. For instance, last year in January I felt this strong, strange compelling to find this picture of me and my biological father when I was an infant. I had not had ANY contact with him since I was a baby and we had NEVER talked. I always wondered about him, and was really hurt by his absence, but he wasn't really part of my day to day thoughts. One night, around 8ish, I was home alone and suddenly HAD to find this old picture I had of the two of us. I spent hours shoveling through old drawers, boxes, etc until I found it. I felt really emotional about it and even then I wondered why at this time I felt the need to look at it. I'd never even talked to him. The next morning, literally like 14 hours later, he contacted me through facebook. I had had NO contact with him in those prior 21 years. I think I could sense that.
Sorry that this is a little long, but I really want to broaden my mind and experience more than the material world. Can anyone help me with this?
Also, I recently learned something kind of weird about my childhood. I guess the apartment my mom and I lived in when I was an infant was haunted. She said she saw a man once, and that was the only time she saw a ghost. But she would often go to check on me in my crib and there would be weird things in there-- stuff from my drawers, toys, etc ( and you don't put things like that in an infant's crib! and she was the only one there). She said that would happen on and off, and that this ghost or spirit obviously felt some attachment to me. She said she never once felt threatened by it, and that it almost seemed helpful. The final straw was one night she woke up to me crying in my crib. She got up to go to my room to get me, and when she got out of bed, she realized that this "ghost" had already placed me in her bed. She said that's when she sternly but politely asked the ghost to not touch me anymore.

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:51 PM

Meditation would help since it calms the mind which expands the possibilities.
Posted Image

#3 ChuckMcB

ChuckMcB

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:09 AM

You sound a little like me, most of the women in my family are extremely sensitive to the paranormal and as a result I am very open to the idea but have had few experiences. I also get a lot of random deja vu and the occasional premonition but never about anything important.

My relatives that have passed on seem to have become aware of my interest in recent years as the coolest thing they ever did to let me know they were around was actually timed perfectly to an episode of ghost hunters I happened to be watching. However, to actually see a ghost, I had to get out in the field as an investigator. It was quite the rush, Id share the audio tape of that moment but it's not exaclty family friendly.

Anyway, I'm not sure being open minded and having a latent sensitivity is always enough. You might have to start actively seeking out the paranormal as I did. Then again, all I did to make that one ghost appear was politley ask her to show up.
Paranormal Investigations: 8Last Investigation: 12-16-11Founder: Gulfview Paranormal Hernando Beach, FLEmail Us: GulfviewPI@mail.com

#4 HarukosHellKitten

HarukosHellKitten

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, writing, paranormal, occult, cats, supernatural, mythology, and surfing teh interwebz

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:34 AM

Hi there. First of all I'd like to say wow. This is a great site and I really love it.

And second I'd like to say, though I hope I dont sound sexist but in my experience it seems females are more I guess sensitive to paranormal and supernatural. As most of the women in my family are able to see and hear entities as well as myself and a few of my female friends. I am not discounting males as I've known a small handful who've either seen or heard entities as well.

So I guess my question would be why are females more sensitive then males and do some males just grow out of it?

As far as the second part of my question I ask because I have two younger brothers, one age 6 and the other age 3. At the age of 2 the youngest brother has seen the ghost of my late grandfather whom died when I was 12 (am 21 now) at one of the parks we frequent and knows nothing of him other than his name Papa Meno. And the 2nd youngest brother age 6 has seen the eyes of one of my mother's portraits following him while in the main living room we use as a play room for them. And my first youngest brother did have a few times where he would hear ghost children at one of our older houses calling to him but now he's older (age 19) he no longer experiences anything paranormal or supernatural.
"Look down at me, you see a fool. Look up at me, you see your Lord. Look straight at me, you see yourself." - Charles Manson

#5 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:22 AM

Children are more open to it because they are open minded, the older you get the more set in your ways you get and the more logical one becomes. I myself have been able to see and sense spirits since I was about 10 and now I'm 30. Everyone has the ability most just don't know how to use it or ignore it and say its a bug or something. Those of us that embrace it are able to keep it. Sometimes it takes lots of study to use it other times its natural.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#6 HarukosHellKitten

HarukosHellKitten

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, writing, paranormal, occult, cats, supernatural, mythology, and surfing teh interwebz

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:11 AM

Children are more open to it because they are open minded, the older you get the more set in your ways you get and the more logical one becomes. I myself have been able to see and sense spirits since I was about 10 and now I'm 30. Everyone has the ability most just don't know how to use it or ignore it and say its a bug or something. Those of us that embrace it are able to keep it. Sometimes it takes lots of study to use it other times its natural.

I've been able to see and talk to them since I was about 4 or 5 and then somewhere around age 9 I wasn't able to hear them and it wasn't until age 13 that I was able to hear them again. And thank you for answering my question. :Wall:
"Look down at me, you see a fool. Look up at me, you see your Lord. Look straight at me, you see yourself." - Charles Manson

#7 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:28 AM

HHK, on a more scientific note I can see how you'd stop seeing things at around the age of 9, (a small gland in the forebrain-the pineal-begins to shrink and develops a shell) but what happened at 13 if you don't mind me asking?
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#8 HarukosHellKitten

HarukosHellKitten

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:48 PM

HHK, on a more scientific note I can see how you'd stop seeing things at around the age of 9, (a small gland in the forebrain-the pineal-begins to shrink and develops a shell) but what happened at 13 if you don't mind me asking?

Some bad stuff that was happening to me finally stopped. Then I started my menstrual cycle, and then seeing shadow people after moving into a house and not living in a cramped apartment.

#9 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:22 AM

Very interesting! I think I know what you mean, but sort of surprised that there wasn't an increase of activity while it was happening
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#10 HarukosHellKitten

HarukosHellKitten

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:58 PM

Very interesting! I think I know what you mean, but sort of surprised that there wasn't an increase of activity while it was happening

Oh my I'm sorry for such a late reply. Midterm madness this past few weeks. Anyways back to the question. What happened was I developed a defensive mechanism if you will, as my boyfriend said I numbed myself of all emotions and feelings that I would assume dulled my sense to anything paranormal as well as feeling happy and such. And then once it said bad experience stopped it hit me full force and now I'm learning to control it and not be so startled by it as I was when I was younger.

#11 Inspirosity

Inspirosity

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:05 PM

I would love to develop more sensitivity towards the paranormal, though I feel that something is 'blocking' me. It's not that I don't believe in the existence of spirits or ghosts--I believe that I'm quite open-minded about such things, so I don't think that's the issue. I think it's because that I'm filled with negative energy.

#12 F1_Fan

F1_Fan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1<br />PS3<br />Reading<br />Model Making<br />Home Improvement<br />History<br />Wildlife

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:20 AM

I would love to develop more sensitivity towards the paranormal, though I feel that something is 'blocking' me. It's not that I don't believe in the existence of spirits or ghosts--I believe that I'm quite open-minded about such things, so I don't think that's the issue. I think it's because that I'm filled with negative energy.

Or perhaps there is nothing paranormal there or anywhere in the first place?

I know it's an obvious simple answer but sometimes they are the best.

#13 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:23 AM

One does need to keep in mind that most paranormal isn't, and that in 95% or more of claims logic can resolve the issue in some normal manner.

#14 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

Inspirosity, let me give you an exercise that can help you rid yourself of that negativity.

Go to a very quiet, peaceful place. Outside would be great if you could find such a location but it doesn't have to be.

Close your eyes and breath out negativity with your mouth. You can imagine it as darkness, blackness.

Then breathe in golden light through your nose.

Do this several times.

Once you get the hang of it, you can do it anywhere you wish. I know it will work. :kitty:
petunia4998

#15 Inspirosity

Inspirosity

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

Thank you, Petunia, I'll keep that meditation exercise in mind :kitty: I'll have to try it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users