how to dispose of a haunted item?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 theworldthatsummer

theworldthatsummer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:18 PM

So it is a fact that I am in possession of a haunted item. It is an object that I unknowingly brought into my home with a spirit attached. I need to dispose of the object as suggested by an advisor who informed me that the spirit is religiously devote (i myself am not). I am relocating and can not take the risk of having the spirit follow me to my new location. Can anyone recommend a way to dispose of this object? I am skeptical of some of the research that I have done so far. I have been unable to come up with a good "general" way to handle this issue.
desperately seeking relief from this haunting
Michael

#2 Donne

Donne

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:43 PM

What kind of item are you talking about? A clock, jewelry, picture or clothes? Why not just go to the woods and leave it there? :wub:
"Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are." Quote by: Soren Kierkegaard

#3 theworldthatsummer

theworldthatsummer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:24 AM

What kind of item are you talking about? A clock, jewelry, picture or clothes? Why not just go to the woods and leave it there? :wub:

a photo and the haunting is pretty intense chills noises vissons nightmares nothing to take lightly. my dog is even sensative to it and multiple house guests without prior knowlage

#4 Donne

Donne

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:56 AM

Oh dear Michael.. That sounds a bit too much to handle to be honest. I see now.. I see..First thing that struck me was that it must of been either a picture or jewelry. All the advice I can give is to wish you the best of luck. You should pray to Saint Michael aswell, he is wellknown for his power to destroy demons - or "bad spirits".. I have personally prayed to Saint Michael many times, and he hears you and he will do his best to help you. Try this prayer when you go to bed tonight or whenever it suits u:

"Dear Saint Michael, Cometh thou unto' me for salvation and help. Evil spirits are upon me and has this picture cursed. I call upon thee name in the highest to banish away this evil that has cometh upon me. May God bless you."

Thats what I came up with now and thought it suits the situation well. If you are christian I can find many good psalms for you to read aswell...? Know that God is there for us, even if you believe it or not :wub:

May you have Godspeed.

Kind wishes.
"Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are." Quote by: Soren Kierkegaard

#5 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:43 AM

Don't bring it with you when you relocate.

Whatever

#6 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:07 AM

A photo can be useful to others. If it is historically significant, donate it to a library where others may benefit from it. If it is a person known to you, allow other family members the chance to acquire it for family history. And if it is of no interest to anyone, simply toss it out in the garbage.

I poersonally do not believe in "haunted objects". Objects have only the power you give them. By believing you allow them to have a hold over you. That is why I don't worry too much about something like this.

#7 TwoCrows

TwoCrows

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:42 PM

You can send the item to John Zaffis. He has a museum of haunted items and is well adept at dealing with them.

#8 duncan36

duncan36

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:46 PM

You could call a Priest and tell him the situation and ask if the Church could bless/dispose of the item.

#9 ChuckMcB

ChuckMcB

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

If the spirit really is linked to this item, I don't think it can follow you if you leave the item behind. Have you had any experiences elsewhere while not in the presence of this object?
Paranormal Investigations: 8Last Investigation: 12-16-11Founder: Gulfview Paranormal Hernando Beach, FLEmail Us: GulfviewPI@mail.com

#10 thatg33kgirl

thatg33kgirl

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:07 PM

You could sell it on ebay!! lol

Seriously tho, I would probably get it blessed by a priest or religious official if you can, or see if there is any ghost hunters around that would be interested. I def. wouldn't destroy it, could make the bad mojo worse!
Be sure to check out my blog: "My Dad's House is Freakin Haunted!"

#11 Malyce

Malyce

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:06 AM

Before I really give any type of advice, may I ask what the haunting has been doing specifically? How have you felt that you have been haunted by this object? Are you positive that it's this object that is causing the haunting? What religion did your adviser suggest this spirit is? By us knowing more we will hopefully be able to give you better advice in what to do and how to interact properly with the object.
Posted ImageďA halo has to fall only a few inches to become a noose."

#12 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:41 PM

Send it to me.

Problem solved.

Pm me if you want my address.

Best wishes Canis

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#13 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:52 PM

Canis, reminds me of a similar situation some time ago. Someone asked about disposing of an old ouija board. I told them ship it to me, and they did! Insured it and everything, just to make sure it got here and was out of their possession.

Once I got it, I determined it was not anything collectable or worth money (some old ones are!). Then I tossed in my weekly trash and the compactor took care of it. No blessings, no nothing. And you know what happened next??????

Nothing. (as was exactly what I expected.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users