Helping people

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:42 PM

Quick question, Gracie, were you born with the ability or did it come later?

Not anymore, you learn to filter input from your surroundings but if I'm emotionally close to the person its harder to filter, but then again that could be a good thing. Visualize something that will help rein in unwanted stimuli or just put a temporary lock on it until you want to use it
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#17 Gracie H.

Gracie H.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:12 PM

Thank you for the input. I was born with it but was in denial until recently when it was shoved in my face and litterally down my throat. I was walking threw a store and all the air left my lungs when I ran in to a child molester. I could see everything he had done and everything he was planning on doing to the two children he was with. One of the reasons I'm on such a mission to develop this gift so I can stop people like him. Since then it's been a flood of ability and I'm having a hard time controlling it. Sometimes it's so strong it scares me a bit. Any little bit of help I can get, I will take.
Gracie H.

#18 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:37 AM

Mein Gott! What a way to discover it! Oh you poor thing, Gracie, looking into a mind like that is just-bleh-an open cesspool

Let's see...you can probably do sort of a screen door type visual for the filters...minor things ('did she say eggs or milk?' you can block out but someone who means harm to himself or others can't. The visual is up to you...what works best you'll have to experiment

#19 Gracie H.

Gracie H.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:46 AM

Mein Gott! What a way to discover it! Oh you poor thing, Gracie, looking into a mind like that is just-bleh-an open cesspool

Let's see...you can probably do sort of a screen door type visual for the filters...minor things ('did she say eggs or milk?' you can block out but someone who means harm to himself or others can't. The visual is up to you...what works best you'll have to experiment

Oh WOW! That's like the best advice I have gotten, THANK YOU! Yea, a screen door will work! I once built one from scratch and have fix numerous! Dang, that's good, it will work for me! It's easy for me to see that in my minds eye! I've tried the blue/white light, which is good but it blocks to much and having my husband go shopping with me is just not always convenient. I know you didn't mean a screen door literally but that's what will work for me. Repeating things in my head is just as irratating as someone repeating words, it feels like an assumption of stupidity and even if I am, I don't want someone telling me I am..... Oh gosh, I'm so excited about this, I can't wait to try it! If you have any other tips, PLEASE flood me!! I've been getting some help from some very talented people but what works for one doesn't always work for another.
Thank you soooo much!!!
Gracie H.

#20 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:21 AM

LOL Its a bit easier than you telling yourself "These aren't my thoughts. This isn't my life" with each errant set of thoughts you run across. To be honest, I know one other person with a gift that strong and she had to almost blind herself-not literally of course-so she could function.

Take your time tuning those filters, sound might work, like a calm background noise. You got this, Gracie :kitty:

#21 Gracie H.

Gracie H.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

LOL Its a bit easier than you telling yourself "These aren't my thoughts. This isn't my life" with each errant set of thoughts you run across. To be honest, I know one other person with a gift that strong and she had to almost blind herself-not literally of course-so she could function.

Take your time tuning those filters, sound might work, like a calm background noise. You got this, Gracie :kitty:

Funny you say that, I sleep with a fan on for noise and the TV which drives my husband nuts! I think I learned something else today too that I'd like to share with you. For years I've had a terrible problem with my ears itching to the point that I would bloody them at night while I was sleeping. I was talking to someone earlier that had the same problem and his was due to not listening to passed loved ones and ever since I started accepting my gift my ears haven't itched. I had seen doctors over this and they never found anything wrong with my ears. I also have what is called tinnuitis, sorry, my spelling is just awful! But after having been tested they can't prove it. I just wonder if it isn't a bunch of people talking to me at the same time now? Any insights?
Gracie H.

#22 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:13 PM

Lord! Even while you sleep, too? Gracie...what's your range for hearing? Can you pinpoint a source?

LOL I was thinking more like waves, waterfall or brook, soothing but will kind of muffle the chaos around you. Have you ever tried a sound generator?

WOW...I'm glad you acknowledge the gift then. Philosophically I think they'd say that the itching was a physical manifestation of a conflict within. In short, "I have this gift, but society tells me that this gift is fake or simply that it cannot exist. Do I develop it or do I conform to society's belief?"

#23 Gracie H.

Gracie H.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:38 PM

Range for hearing? I'm not sure I understand what you mean. It's funny, I didn't even notice it was gone until today and it used to drive me insane. Now if I could just get rid of the buzzing!!! Can you tell how much of a gift I have? Am I over reaching or prematurely giving readings? I just got acused of fishing for information on another forum where I'd been doing readings and I got blasted by an administrator, I feel bad, I really thought she understood that I was practicing and not sure of my self but she really blasted me. I don't care if they ban me if that's what I can expect from an administrator. Oh well, I got a ribbon for my quilt today and I'm happy about that.
Gracie. H.

#24 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:29 PM

Hi, Gracie, I'll do a fly-by, let's say there's a guy at a party, he's on the opposite end of the room so 40' away, can you zero in on his thoughts or emotions even if they're pretty standard (is there an open bar...should I have gotten a gift even though he's an acquaintance of my gf) or would he sort of just get lost in the roaring thoughts surrounding him?

Strong but unschooled. That will come in time as you learn to harnass it or learn when not to use it

Fishing how? Did you see something in what he was saying and was asking about it if what you saw tied into it (did that make sense?) Did you message the Admin to explain? I think you'll like this site, the Admins and board moderators are fair and open minded people

#25 Gracie H.

Gracie H.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:13 AM

No, I read her and I read her completely wrong so the next day I tried again but got sort of the same thing but instead of it being her kids, I thought maybe I was picking up her dogs and then she accused me of reading all of her posts which I never do, it seems to screw me up really bad and it feels like cheating and I want to do this right. She put it all on the forum which they told me was not allowed and blasted me (in a mean way) and then at the end of her rant there was 3 sentences saying that I needed to be schooled and that she didn't mean to be mean. It was so obviously not true and just an after thought, I blasted back and told her what I thought. She took both posts off the forum and sort of apologized in an accusing manner. I even told her she could ban me if she wanted. I hope things will be better here, I couldn't believe an administrator was saying things like that, aren't they supposed to be a little above it all. I never lied or anything. I told her I needed practice, even pro's aren't right all the time and there are just some people that I will never be able to read. Right?
I can't wait to have enough posts so I can do some readings here. It feels right but then again, I thought it felt right there too but I will hope for the best.
Yea, definatly not schooled, that's why I'm here and there and over there ect... I need to get a handle on this stuff fast since I'm not real good at blocking it out anymore. Strong? It feels strong to me but I'm sure it feels strong to everyone. Is it strong enough to do what I want to do with it? Will I beable to get the monsters off the streets before they hurt to many children? After running in to that one molester, I've been on a mission to get as good as I can as fast as I can so I can help but will I be strong enough to do the hard work? I wonder... Been a long day, a good day, well, parts have been.
Thanks for all your help and advice and input, your great.
Gracie H.

#26 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:35 AM

WOW...was it the Admin you were reading for or did she just happen to be onsite at the time? Wow...she was very clearly in the wrong to have handled it like that and I think the half-hearted apology was more or less along the lines of not wanting to get nailed for mishandling it by another admin. I can't write intelligently on the why's...maybe she was just in a foul mood and you were the lucky recipient. Its not right, but it does happen. Did you screenshot her out of line replies?

It honestly shouldn't take long to rein in your talent but like anything, it requirs practice which I know you'll commit to. Do you mind a suggestion? Given the mission you've undertaken take some Psych courses at your local community college, its a facinating field and it will help

Gracie, depending on where you live the local PD/Sheriff may or may not welcome the help since it can be hard to prove and there may not be a distinction between wanting to/actually indulging in the act to your read of the person. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm not trying to discourage you, just think you're going to need to be extraordinarily cautious and be 150% accurate

Shhh...we're family, here, Gracie

#27 Gracie H.

Gracie H.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:21 AM

Thanks O,
You do make me feel at home! I'll look in to some classes and books, not to sure about the college course though, I'm 54 and would feel very out of place there and driving for me is a nightmare! It's only happened in the past couple of years, and I don't know where it came from. It's like I'm in the car and I see every bad senierio that could happen flash in front of my eyes, CONSTANTLY! I jump while I'm holding on to the steering wheel and it jerks because I do. I'm so scared that I'm going to create the accident by being so scared, it's a vicious circle. It's like a picture show in my head! Tell me it's not a psychic thing, please...
Gracie.

#28 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:45 AM

Although I feel there is some 'sensitivity' that runs in my family, and I have had some odd things happen around me, I am not anywhere near the level Gracie and Oiche speak of. I did notice Oiche mention the sound generator? I have tried to get my husband to 'see' -no pun intended-the darkness in our bedroom where I regularly have terrible nightmares - some related to goings on with my husband and myself, clearly, but others where it is just disturbing to be in there. Back to the sound generator - my husband brought in one of those recently, and my preference is for rainforest sounds - gentle rain falling - I have found that the most disturbing dreams have lessened considerably, and hadn't really thought about it till Oiche mentioned that to help with the filtering issue. I will try to find out where my hubby got that it you were interested in giving Oiche's idea a try. I'd be curious about any other's ideas in re: the playing of background sounds to help with paranormal experiences? Thank you Gracie for the fascinating topic. :angry:
I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

#29 Gracie H.

Gracie H.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:09 PM

Your welcome although I didn't start the thread, it's pretty old thread. Nightmare, nightly? Now that really kind of sucks!!! Tell me your not eating any chocolate or caffeine products before bed!!! That sends me in to nightmare hadies!! I know this sounds silly and really not good for a diet but just before bed try eating some cereal, something carby and if that doesn't work try some protien just before bed. It might help with the nightmares but no fruit. I think all psychics are sugar and caffiene sensitive! HAHAHAHHAAA, Psychic with a sugar buzzzzzz and caffiene high!!! I can just see one walking threw a store. Now that's a nightmare!!!
Thank you, you made me laugh, I hope I helped! Let me know if it works for you.

#30 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:21 PM

Your welcome although I didn't start the thread, it's pretty old thread. Nightmare, nightly? Now that really kind of sucks!!! Tell me your not eating any chocolate or caffeine products before bed!!! That sends me in to nightmare hadies!! I know this sounds silly and really not good for a diet but just before bed try eating some cereal, something carby and if that doesn't work try some protien just before bed. It might help with the nightmares but no fruit. I think all psychics are sugar and caffiene sensitive! HAHAHAHHAAA, Psychic with a sugar buzzzzzz and caffiene high!!! I can just see one walking threw a store. Now that's a nightmare!!!
Thank you, you made me laugh, I hope I helped! Let me know if it works for you.

On a side note and to add a little more levity - I have been known to sleep walk, and speaking of diet, prepared a meal of noodles, juice, salad dressing in a cup, while reading the newspaper (upside down) and carrying on a conversation with my husband - I wondered the next morning why I felt a little queasy!!? I'll try to give the old pregnancy trick a try - a little saltine maybe. I try not to eat much before bed. As stated in my earlier post, though, I have had a diminution of the nightmares with the 'nature sounds' machine my husband got. I'll stick with that for now - it's also just very pleasant. Thank you for the advice!
I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users