• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Gracie H.

Gracie H.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:46 PM

Oh sure, I've gotten so much good advice here, it feels good to be able to give a little back. Anything with chocolate in it gives me nightmares, even Chicken Mole'!!
Gracie H.

#32 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:57 PM

Oh, Dear! Oh, G, we've got to rein in that talent before you get into an accident! Do you meditate, Gracie? Or do yoga? Shhh...don't even say it, someone in a yoga class I attend is 88, but thinking that yoga not only builds strength and balance but it stills the mind as well so it may help.

I can understand how you'd feel self conscious about a class (incidently, I had you pegged at under 35), maybe an online class?

Let's try the sound generator, seems to be the best compromise, will give you something to focus on and it may not drive your hubby nuts :angry:
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#33 Gracie H.

Gracie H.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:44 PM

Everything drives him nuts!!! Not really, he's the love of my life! You just had the numbers turned around!! I never really had to grow up, I never had kids! Meditation is boring and yoga is so self serving! But I have to do something! So, how do you meditate?
Do I have to sit cross legged and hum? I'm afraid my 102 year old knee probably will throw a revolt! I know, yoga would help that. So both, you going to make me work at this aren't ya.... Seriously, can I learn some of it on line, I can't really afford a class. I will look it up as soon as I finish this. Thanks for the suggestions.
I hope you don't mind my silly sense of humor.
Gracie H.

#34 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:29 AM

LOL Prayer position can be kind of torturous but meditation doesn't have to be. You don't have to contemplate the sound of one hand clapping or one GVer posting, just reconnect with yourself. Breathe deeply, feel your body relax, your mind quieting

Gracie, I'm 47. I've been in more accidents than I should have been allowed to walk away from. I was inflexible physically and mentally before I started taking it. I've been taking classes (2-3 a week) and while I've still got a ways to go, ya know...I feel good. Even if you go to a few classes and take 20 minutes to stretch at home on a daily basis, I think you'll see it pays off

Edited by Oiche, 05 October 2010 - 09:30 AM.

Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#35 Gracie H.

Gracie H.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

Thanks O, I really will, I will start this morning. I used to exersize quite a bit and I always felt good after and it is time I get back in to it while things are calm. They never stay that way! I have to tell you since I've been doing readings, I am sleeping better. I actually feel better and happier than I have in a long time. I'm not sure of the connection path but hey, if it feels good do it, right!
Thanks again,
Gracie H.

#36 Crystal_85

Crystal_85

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:52 AM

Hello Grace, I tried to email you on here but I need to contact the Admin. on here because I can't access my messages,weird... Anyways first off welcome to GV.
You'll fit right in!! I starting reading this thread unsure of what it was about and I'm glad I did. To hear some of your stories made me tear up at certain parts and then laugh until I almost fell out of my chair! You poor woman, I have a hard enough time shopping let alone hearing other ppl's thoughts. I'd go bonkers by now!

None the less I believe you have an amazing gift and it makes me very happy to know there are good ppl in this world that want to use their gift for good things.

Anytime you need a ginnie-pig I'm here. Once I get my email thing figured out I will have to email you a few stories of my own you may find funny and quite possibly a little funny...

Until then keep ur head held high and hopefully the flood gates down,lol.

Take care Grace

Sincerely,
Crystal

#37 Gracie H.

Gracie H.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

Hi Crystal,
Nice to meet you! I think we have to have a magic number of posts to be able to do mail so keep posting! And then contact the adminstrator. When I read someone I try not to look at any of their posts, it feels like cheating and I almost always get the wrong impression of a person. Like I said previously, this is all still really new to me. Well, since I stopped the denial thing!!!!! I feel so silly for denying it for so long when I look back it's so obvious. I never felt normal and it's all I ever wanted but I recon God has different plans for me. What, I have no idea!! But he's got a great sense of humor!!
It rained here last night and my puppies are full of mud!! And so is my kitchen and laundry room now... Yes, in fact we did just wash them just yesterday in fact. Don't think it's good to wash them everyday so I get to wash the kitchen everyday.... So much for that extra time!!
Gracie H.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users