• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 27 October 2003 - 08:53 AM

this is actually an ad line form my mobile service privider! but then how meaning ful is it? Isn;t communication the very basic of anythig in life?
Express Yourself

An awkward question. A difficult answer. An embarassing truth. A flattering lie. A frank yes. A blunt no. A warm hello. A curt goodbye. A sincere sorry. A heartfelt thanks. Make the most of every moment. Leave nothing unsaid. Express Yourself

what do you say?
Posted Image

#2 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 02:39 PM

moonchild, yes i think that communication is one of the most basic components to human and animal culture on this plane of existence.  of course, as an artist that communicates with pictures for a living, i'm biased!

;D

OwlGoddess
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 28 October 2003 - 03:28 AM

but don't you also think that in modern words, communication has suffered? I am not taking about speaking words? I am not talking about doing the action? I am talking about talking the RIGHT words at the RIGHT time, in a RIGHT way? Doint things at the RIGHT time, in the RIGHT way! OR are we all too busy and taking many a little things for granted? Or are we waiting for things to be missed - for ever?
Posted Image

#4 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 12:06 PM

oh, no doubt about it, moonchild.  communication has suffered, religion has suffered, humankind has suffered.  it does seem that, globally, some people are really stuck on trying to declare what is "right" or what the "right way" should be in conducting life on our planet.

if more people were mindful about what they said, did, or tried to communicate - and considered whether their actions or intent were helpful or harmful - we'd all be better off.  

one thing is for certain - communication through violence is not a healing approach to any conflict, and not a way to express one's self, either.  whether it is violence against children, a country, someone of a different faith, or someone with different political beliefs, all things can be effectively handled through non-violence.

communicating peace and through peace is the way to remedy part of this, i think.  compassion is also important to communicate.  we all need to care for each other.

OwlGoddess
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 08:23 AM

how many of us actually "think" what purpose does it serve on the words we put down? I am a person who rightly believe that we also take other things like purpose, circumstace and focus into consideration before we actually BLURT OUT!
Posted Image

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 09:59 AM

is actual communication, according to you just talking your ideas right, or does it also include the right body language? Don't you think we have the ability to read the subtle signals too?
Posted Image

#7 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 10:41 AM

Communication is definitely inclusive of body language, which is why I think relationships formed via the Internet, for example, or snail mail tend to suffer, or not really "exist" until you meet in person. I can say "screw you" to someone I hate and someone I love and it can mean two totally different things. Do I have a smile? Am I scowling. I think the modern age and all this technology really HAS hindered our communcation skills because we've gotten lazy and now assume people automatically know what we're talking about.

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

#8 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 10:46 AM

well said about the laziness Ana. It is very evident everywhere!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users