Ghosts of Forsyth County Georgia?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ecwyatt

ecwyatt

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:37 PM

Does anyone know any stories of ghosts or haunting's in Forsyth county, Georgia or in the Cumming area? I know the Booger Mountain story but any others would be great. I am working on a history project for school.

#2 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 05 September 2010 - 07:16 AM

I like the concept you seem to be using for your history project, since many local ghost stories and other legends tend to be rooted in history (even if the history might end up a bit shaky down the generations due to the 'telephone effect').

While I live in Canada, and am not sure which part of Georgia that Forsyth County and the Cumming area is, and can't think of any tales off the top of my head, I can direct you to a variety of books that might be a good starting point for you in addition to what our members in that region might know.

Note that I found these books on Amazon's Canadian site, so check the US site, as well as other bookstores and the local library. And because of my lack of geographical knowledge, some of these books might not actually cover the region you are looking at, for that I apologize!

Haunted History: Atlanta and North Georgia
Corinna Underwood
Publisher: Schiffer Publishing (March 2008)
ISBN-10: 0764328549

Spirits of Georgias Southern Crescent
Christina A. Barber
Publisher: Schiffer Publishing; illustrated edition edition (August 2008)
ISBN-10: 0764329456

Georgia Ghosts
Nancy Roberts
Publisher: John F. Blair Publisher (July 1997)
ISBN-10: 0895871726

Banshees, Bugles and Belles: True Ghost Stories of Georgia
Barbara Duffey
Publisher: Howell Press Inc.; illustrated edition edition (October 1997)
ISBN-10: 1883522080

I hope you can find these books for a starting point (and that at least one of them covers your region!).

So members! Anyone familar with Forsyth County and the Cumming area of Georgia?

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#3 ecwyatt

ecwyatt

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:57 AM

I like the concept you seem to be using for your history project, since many local ghost stories and other legends tend to be rooted in history (even if the history might end up a bit shaky down the generations due to the 'telephone effect').

While I live in Canada, and am not sure which part of Georgia that Forsyth County and the Cumming area is, and can't think of any tales off the top of my head, I can direct you to a variety of books that might be a good starting point for you in addition to what our members in that region might know.

Note that I found these books on Amazon's Canadian site, so check the US site, as well as other bookstores and the local library. And because of my lack of geographical knowledge, some of these books might not actually cover the region you are looking at, for that I apologize!

Haunted History: Atlanta and North Georgia
Corinna Underwood
Publisher: Schiffer Publishing (March 2008)
ISBN-10: 0764328549

Spirits of Georgias Southern Crescent
Christina A. Barber
Publisher: Schiffer Publishing; illustrated edition edition (August 2008)
ISBN-10: 0764329456

Georgia Ghosts
Nancy Roberts
Publisher: John F. Blair Publisher (July 1997)
ISBN-10: 0895871726

Banshees, Bugles and Belles: True Ghost Stories of Georgia
Barbara Duffey
Publisher: Howell Press Inc.; illustrated edition edition (October 1997)
ISBN-10: 1883522080

I hope you can find these books for a starting point (and that at least one of them covers your region!).

So members! Anyone familar with Forsyth County and the Cumming area of Georgia?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users