is it true?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 booberry

booberry

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:38 PM

:ghost: that dogs and cats can see ghosts?

#2 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts & crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:10 PM

:ghost: that dogs and cats can see ghosts?

We've had numerous dogs and cats and they've all been able to sense ghosts.
Have you hugged your ghost today?The Porch - Ghosts, paranormal, supernatural

#3 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:41 PM

Well, I don't know about ghosts, but they can certainly see spirits. I take it back, yes they can see ghosts. :ghost:
petunia4998

#4 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:19 PM

Animals are a lot more in tune with their immediate environment, just make sure the animal isn't neurotic
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#5 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:20 PM

I've often wondered if they can 'see' them or if it is more that they sense the change in emf or possibly feel the change - like a static charge in the air or something.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#6 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:02 PM

Red, that makes sense, they perceive energy which is how they know if someone's ill or sad or troubled
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#7 ghost_matt

ghost_matt

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:29 PM

When someone's cat is staring at a wall, a lot of people assume something paranormal is going on. But there are so many other explanations. There could be mice in the walls. Also, animals mark their territory to keep other animals away. If, for example, a dog is afraid to go in a cemetery, that could be why.
www.midwestpreternaturalresearch.com

#8 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:09 PM

Agreed, Matt. Just because an animal behaves in some manner that we seem to think is unusual, how does that equate that it sees ghosts? The behavior may be perfectly normal for the animal. Unless of course you have the ability to talk to the animal and it told you it was watching a ghost....

#9 BLACK SHUCK

BLACK SHUCK

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Anything related to the paranormal,secret societies,fast cars, busty women, human behavior, reading, painting, art, magic/magick(high or low),withchcraft/wicca,candles and hot tubs. Just ask, if you are curious and want the truth, not what you want to hear.

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:18 PM

My two guard dogs can "see" or sense" paranormal activity by "something" at the home where I live and the beach home too but I still can't get them to tell me what they see.LMFAO.

#10 ChuckMcB

ChuckMcB

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:41 AM

Whenever my cat randomly perks up and stares into a random wall, I always ask her to reassure me that it's just a small insect but she never tells me.
Paranormal Investigations: 8Last Investigation: 12-16-11Founder: Gulfview Paranormal Hernando Beach, FLEmail Us: GulfviewPI@mail.com

#11 campfire

campfire

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

A friend of mine had a strange occurrence several years ago that makes me believe animals do see ghosts. His family, who lived in a house that was built in the mid 19th century, were watching TV in the living room one day when the family dog, asleep in the floor, woke up and scooted sideways a few feet, as if to let someone walk past. Of course nobody was trying to walk past the dog at that moment. The man said he wouldn't have thought another thing about it except that almost immediately one of the kids suddenly said he felt a cold draft in the room. A few seconds later the child sitting to the left felt it, then in turn each remaining member of the family felt the cold draft one after the other. The man said after a minute the cold air left and only then did the dog go back to sleep.

#12 soulrunner

soulrunner

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:gardening is my hobby and one of my jobs

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:04 AM

of course animals can see ghosts haven't any of you seen scoobie-doo. :D :whee:

#13 LukasOwen

LukasOwen

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

I think pets I more in tune to what we cannot see since their senses are a lot sharper than ours. For example pets can sense changes in weather, natural disasters, in fact there is a dog in my neighborhood that is trained to sense when it's owner is about to have a seizure. So I am assuming they can see spirits a lot better than us.

#14 Widdershins

Widdershins

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:49 PM

Many years ago, my Border Collie reacted very strongly to a ghost we both saw at dusk on an unpaved rural road in Cambria Co. in Western PA. This was an extremely protective dog who wouldn't allow any male, no matter how large, anywhere near me. I'd never seen him frightened before, but that day, as the ghost got closer and closer to us, I watched my dog look back at him numerous times and whimper with fear.

Soon his tail was so far between his legs that it was up against his belly and he was slinking close to the ground. I'd never seen him do that before. In fact, it was his reaction that convinced me that the scary figure behind us really was a ghost. I mean, it was a rumored "haunted road" but the man looked completely solid--not even slightly transparent. The moment that the dog finally whirled and ran full tilt into the woods beside us was the exact moment that I realized that the man's heavy leather-soled boots were making no sound at all on the loose gravel of the road.

When I finally got back to our summer cottage a quarter of a mile or so away, the dog was there, still frightened, and my family was frantic. Since they knew how protective he was of me, they assumed I was dead or unconscious somewhere. He *definitely* saw the ghost and it scared him senseless. If you know what Border Collies are like, you know how highly intelligent they are and how loyal. As soon as I have time, I'm going to write up a full account of the encounter to post elsewhere, but wanted to put in my 2 cents on the "do animals perceive ghosts?" question. Years later, I also had a Lassie-type Collie who also responded quite strongly to a haunting inside our house, but that's a story for another day...

Widdershins

#15 Dick@Extreme Vision

Dick@Extreme Vision

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:37 AM

This is one of the things i enjoy researching very much. I personally believe that animals can intact sense and see things we can not....its already know they can hear differemy pitches of sounds and see a different light spectrum.
There are a lot of interesting readings out there on this subject

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users