Beast Legends

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ryuu

Ryuu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Video games and anime not as heavily as I used to be though just watch anime and play video games once in a while. And the paranormal of course.

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:05 PM

For all of those cryptid lovers out there tonight on SyFy channel Beast Legends premires at 10:00 Pm EST

Thoughts?

Edited by Ryuu, 09 September 2010 - 05:06 PM.

"A winner is a loser who will get up and try again." - Dennis DeYoung

#2 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:05 PM

Worth checking out^^
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#3 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:05 AM

I am moving this to Myths, Urban Legends, and Folklore since it isn't about hauntings or ghosts.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#4 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:19 AM

This show was actually on here in Canada on the History Channel over the summer. Very good and enjoyable show!

In summary, a team of individuals (a historian/folklorist, a comic book artist, a biologist and a vet/adventurer) choose a creature of legend (like a krakan for example), study the legends at the sources, examine animals that share characteristics and 'create' the creature with the help of a computer graphic artist and show a little clip of the 'creature' in the modern world. Fascinating. I highly recommend it!

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#5 TheGRIMSociety

TheGRIMSociety

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:28 AM

Watched the krakan episode; it was pretty cool. I did laugh at how the one team member kept trying to give the monster epic tools of mass destruction, like spikes and armor.

#6 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:47 PM

Missed it:/
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#7 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:36 PM

Saw the krakan episode. Was a bit disappinted that they didn't take a look at Vampyroteuthis infernalis (Vampire squid from hell) as this animal is the only known member of the Order Vampyromorphida, the seventh order in the Class Cephalopoda and combines features from both octopodiformes (octopuses) and decapodiformes (squid, cuttlefishes, etc.) suggesting it may represent an ancestral line between the two groups.

Also saw the dragon episode. Kinda cool, but I hope they revisit the dragon for other habitats beside the forest..
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#8 TheGRIMSociety

TheGRIMSociety

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:03 PM

I didn't care for their version of the dragon- it just looked to me like a lizard with glider wings. Interesting research, though

#9 Wildman

Wildman

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

I do not care for this show whatsoever.

It was like they were building a creature from a comic book. Adding spikes, armored plates, & such to a creature that never would have had them in first place. At least stick to what the reports (modern & historical) say they look like, instead of designing it how they think/want it to look like.

#10 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:29 AM

This show is pure pablum. It says nothing meaningful about legend, myth or reality.

If you want more than that, you will be disapointed.

If you are just wanting to see a dicussion an depiction of a cool creature, you will probaably like it.

I actually enjoy it, but mainly because I get to see some creative people using their talents, and they show me a lot of fun visual stuuf. I watch it in the same way as a I watch Spongebob Squarepants. It is fun, visually pleasing escapist pablum. I eat it with a spoon!.

Regards, Canis

P.S. Yes I really do watch Spongebob. :wave:

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users