Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

are ghots truly real? or is it just people wanting them to be?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 karlhope23

karlhope23

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:12 PM

when i was younger I saw a few things, i remember seeing a man walk out of my room but i was half asleep, I also remember seeing a remote control get thrown off a cabinet into a wall. in my old house my sisters baby was upstairs and we had the monitors on, there was a few disturbances in the signal so i started recording on my moble,when i played it back you could hear(and very clearly) a voice saying oo are you cold,lets dry them little toes...i have since lost the mobile which i am actually gutted about but alot of my friends ect heard it, i am however aware they can pick up signals from other monitors. but in the last year or so i havnt seen or witnessed anything, why would it suddently stop after me witnessing quite alot? and if they are real why wouldnt we have concrete evidence by now??

#2 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:53 PM

Welcome to GV, karlhope23. I guess it's all in who you ask this question to. If you ask skeptics, they'll tell you that they have enough evidence to disprove ghosts exhistence....scientists have their proof....and believers have theirs. I'm a believer, by the way but have learned to respect the opinion of others. Anyhoo.......
as far as concrete evidence goes, I honestly believe this is always going to be an on-going disagreement.

As far as you not witnessing anything in the past year...from my personal experience I can go quite a long time before I witness anything myself. So I don't think it's anything personal, thats just the way it is.

Either way, welcome aboard!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#3 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:30 AM

Moving this to Skeptics.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#4 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:38 AM

Hi, KariHope and welcome to GV!

Its precisely as Laurie Ann says, no matter what proof is laid out a true skeptic is going to disprove it. We want to believe that somehow we continue on once the body dies, be it Paradise, Punishment or wandering its better than the alternative. Who's right? Only the dead know
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#5 boatlesspirate

boatlesspirate

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:39 PM

I think we have plenty of evidence, but not the kind that make people believe.
"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?" Sherlock Holmes-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

#6 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:12 PM

Hi, Boatless...data's a tricky thing, all we can conclude from a piece of evidence is what the data indicates

#7 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:56 PM

~Whats also so tricky is it's hard to prove personal experiences. Now given, there's alot of things that can debunk experiences. But when, in your mind, there's no other explanation for what just happened to you...then you have your own proof.

I've had numerous things happen to me inside our home here that I wasn't able to take a picture of (was in the shower). But I KNOW what I saw...I KNOW what I experienced. But at the same time, I was the only one there. I could tell my story till I'm blue in the face, but without evidence or proof...I'm just another believer that will will be thought of as being so narrow minded that I'd think a breeze blowing through a window is a spirit trying to make contact. Not saying thats what scientists & skeptics think. But I've read on other sights what some think of us believers lol

I hope this made sense lol....but I get what everyone is saying.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#8 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:28 PM

LOL I get ya, Laurie, I've had more encounters when I had no camera nearby...not even my camphone

#9 Ryuu

Ryuu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Video games and anime not as heavily as I used to be though just watch anime and play video games once in a while. And the paranormal of course.

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:06 AM

Welcome to GV first and foremost

If there is indeed a spirit it is probably not strong enough and is gathering strength possibly or it may have even crossed over.

As for not having concrete evidence keep the device you caught it on for starters lol :kitty: and set up camcorders and/or audio recorders to see if you catch anything.

Edited by Ryuu, 20 September 2010 - 07:07 AM.

"A winner is a loser who will get up and try again." - Dennis DeYoung

#10 TheGRIMSociety

TheGRIMSociety

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:09 AM

We were just discussing this amongst our group the other day. We came to the conclusion that even if a ghost was filmed sitting down and discussing the afterlife, someone would discredit it. Short of 'capturing' a spirit/ghost/etc and making it available for scientific study, there doesn't really seem to be any way of offering infallible proof.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users