Ghosts of school bus accident in San Antonio

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 scaredinSA

scaredinSA

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:58 PM

There is an urban myth about the ghosts of 36? 63? school students killed at a railroad crossing near Mission Espada in South San Antonio when their bus stalled on the tracks and was hit broadside by an oncoming train. This actually happened to me one foggy night after a friend told me the story and accompanied me to the site. Sure enough, my Ford LTD stalled just as we reached the tracks and the next morning started right up when we came to retrieve my car.

#2 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:57 AM

Hi, Scared and welcome to the Village!

What's the myth...is it that any vehicle stalls on the tracks?
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#3 Ryuu

Ryuu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Video games and anime not as heavily as I used to be though just watch anime and play video games once in a while. And the paranormal of course.

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:35 AM

That's interesting

Did your truck stall on the the tracks?

Edited by Ryuu, 29 September 2010 - 10:36 AM.

"A winner is a loser who will get up and try again." - Dennis DeYoung

#4 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:02 PM

I believe that it has been shown that there never was such an accident in San Antonio. I think it happened in Utah. The myth is that if you drive a vehicle up to the tracks and then turn the motor off, it will be "pushed" across the tracks, supposedly by the spirits of the children.

It has been shown that the tracks are at the top of a hill, so actually it is gravity that will cause your car to move. :weeee:
petunia4998

#5 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 01 October 2010 - 08:59 PM

Ah...thank you for clarifying that Petunia
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users