I met Viggo Mortensen... FINALLY!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 03 March 2003 - 11:38 AM

well here is the account of what happened. i'll have pix later on if anyone wants to see em.

[glow=blue,2,300]March 1, 2003. St. Lawrence University.

Okay so the day started out like any other day started at 2 in the BAD_WORD morning. Anyway to skip all that and get to the good stuff, we got to the hotel and met up w/ all the other ladies from the VFB. They went to the gallery the night before so we got to see what Viggo was gonna look like when we saw him!!! *skipping all the nonsense* We get to SLU and are like 3rd in line for the Poetry Reading and when the doors opened it was like a concert. Getting smashed so that you can get to the front. Well I took whatever seat was left in the front and after I got settled in I looked at the stage…. Come to find out that I was FRONT ROW CENTER. Well surprisingly enuff I was just fine. Nothing could have bothered me then. So the President of the school goes on and on about Viggo and then finally he comes out. I snapped pictures left and right!!! It looked like paparazzi was there with all the flashes going off it was annoying! So then he sat down and I kept snapping away but I felt bad cause my flash could blind God himself!
Anyway he starts to talk to us and he was quite the funny guy and about 15 minutes late, but let’s not go there!!!
He began to read his poetry and he looked around and stared at people when he read and I was one of them! *sighs* I felt rather stupid though cause I was wearing a low cut shirt and I was sitting right in front of him and he got a good view down my shirt quite a few times, and the ONLY reason I knew my shirt was like that was cause I caught him once in a blue. LOL It was cute how disorganized he was; he mumbled an awful lot to himself that he couldn’t find stuff and that you’d think he knew where stuff was in his own book. So then he read his anti-war BAD_WORD. Didn’t care for it and I was contemplating getting up and leaving, but I decided to stay. Then he asked us if he could read a couple more or if we had places to be. LOL. Then he did it; the one thing that broke me and caused tears in my eyes… He read Chaco…. Ara had to give me her hand and I had tears in my eyes because it’s very beautiful to hear him speaking my language. So that kinda broke me to the point of tears in my eyes.
Okay on to the book signing, stood in line for a good 2 1/2  to 3 hours. Oh, by this time Monika had arrived and we clicked right away. Never met someone so cool!!!
Anyway we are talking all the way to the door of the gallery and she tells me to look around the wall and thru the door and there he was. They let us in the gallery by twos and I went in w/ Monika. It was my turn and I couldn’t budge so she pushed me over to the table. *just like to insert right here that Pilar is a very nice woman*  So she took my book and gave it to him, so after he signed my book I told him that the stuff there was from fans that wanted to be there but couldn’t. He looked at me and gave me the cutest look of DUH and asked, “Can I keep it?” I smiled and said yes and he thanked me.
Needless to say at this point that me and Monika needed a cig break. We went outside and then we went back in to eat... Interesting how we got snubbed, but not going there!!! Then we went back out for the after meal cig and I had to call around to find everyone. That’s when we *Monika and myself* decided that we were going to just listen to him speak and then leave. He was late to that too, but it was understandable because he was just SO tired. You could see it in his face. From where we were sitting we saw him coming down the hallway and I snapped a couple of shots. No sooner was he done that we were heading down the hall and outside. Then I’ll freely admit we got a little sneaky and decided to smoke outside where we thought he would come out. She looked back really quick and we realized that he was going down the hall and out the other door so we booked it to see if we could get a photo w/ him. Some kid asked for an autograph and the guy Viggo was with said, that he was late and no more, Viggo stopped and turned to the kid and said, “I can sign one more.” Pilar then noticed me and Monika and said, “I remember you too you already have something signed”, and she smiled. So we explained to her that all we wanted was to take a photo w/ him and how far we drove. I guess he heard us, cause he turned to look at us, but in the process, he slid on some ice, came within 2 inches of elbowing me in my face and SLAMMED into Monika! Then he looked like a little boy who broke something and said, “I’m sorry!” She told him it was okay and the guy dragged him off, but Pilar said that since we came so far that she would have him send us something in the mail. She then gave us the info we needed to contact her and we were off to the hotel!!!!!!
Can’t leave this out, we then went for a drive and decided to hit Wal-Mart. We bought the LAST TWO Aragorn Helms Deep action figures!!! So all in all it was really cool.
[/glow]

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

#2 heberly_clodbert

heberly_clodbert

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 05:17 PM

LOVE him, BUTTTT....................

............the Elf is cuter!!! There's just something about long blonde hair and no facial hair on men that run through the wood equipped with a bow and some arrows.........

I saw the 2nd movie 4 times in the theater, and am going back a 5th time sometime this week, saw the 1st movie 3 times in the theater, and about 50 times on dvd (LoL).  My mother brought me up on J.R.R. Tolkien and The Hobbit ( I am 26).  I read The Lord of The Rings when I was 14.  I had The Hobbit children's book where you play the cassette and it chimes when its time to turn the page! My mother taped for me the Hobbit Cartoon and I watched that alot as a child.  She says she still has it somewhere....can't wait to see it!

I almost crapped a brick when I found out that they were going to make REAL movies out of them!!  Oh I couldn't wait to see it, and my mom and I saw it together, we were both like, "Thats just the way I pictured Bag End to be like!"  It was everything I pictured the book to be like.  
My mom and I probably clapped and cheered the loudest in the theater when  the title of the movie popped up on the big screen.

So I am a talker and had loved LOTR for almost 26 years....probably 20 years, though.

Talk to you soon, Pan,

-Shell

#3 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 04 March 2003 - 04:37 AM

Ah... Orlando Bloom. now that's an elf i'd love to get my hands on!

Posted Image

#4 heberly_clodbert

heberly_clodbert

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 05:17 PM

--Or any elf for that matter.....Haldir, Celeborn....long blonde hair on a man is my down fall....can't forge the pointy ears!!

-LoL i DO like long hair on men though.  (hint hint to all the single men out there...LoL) ;D

BTW, I would LOVE to see your pictures of Viggo when you get them developed. Keep me posted!!

-Shell

#5 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 04:30 AM

ah yes, Haldir!!! WOO HOO! Yeah i'm getting them scanned tonite so i'll let you see em.

Posted Image

#6 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 06:55 AM

That is so cool Pan 8) I  would love to see the pics ;D
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#7 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 08:47 AM

will do! tonite they shall be scanned!

Posted Image

#8 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 04:02 AM

for some reason, Snapfish won't work here and Imagestation? Forget it. To see my pix, follow this link:

http://pub182.ezboar...opicID=57.topic

Posted Image

#9 TIFFANYJEAN

TIFFANYJEAN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 06:56 AM

OMYGOD......Viggo is sooo hot!!!!!!!!!such  a good looking guy..lucky duck!!!
Tiffany:O)

#10 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 07:14 AM

OMYGOD......Viggo is sooo hot!!!!!!!!!such  a good looking guy..lucky duck!!!

thankies. doesn't he look like the first pic is a shot for a GQ cover?  ;D

Posted Image

#11 Ravenwood

Ravenwood

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 03:49 PM

COOOOOOOL!

#12 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 12:39 PM

Call me old, but (Hawkie are you with me on this you geez?) Who is Viggo Mortenson?

Glad you had a great experience though Pandora!
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#13 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 01:49 PM

LOL Bridgie!!  I had to follow pandora's link and yeah, I know who he is now! ;D

Bridgie!  Guess what? Hunk-man Viggo is OUR AGE!!!! Born in '58--well, more your age than mine.   ;)  I'm a '63 model.  He's five years my senior-no wonder he looked tired!!!! ;D ;D  (He's easy on the eyes-gotta agree with the young'uns on this one- but I like my men to look like men- short hair please)
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#14 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 07 March 2004 - 05:29 PM

??? ??? someone cuter than me?  [smiley=cwm27.gif]
Posted Image

#15 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:14 AM

Moon!  I've noticed you haven't posted any pics of yourself in at least a month, what's wrong with you? ;D
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users