• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 TheGRIMSociety

TheGRIMSociety

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:00 AM

Cryscat- do you know the story behind it? Was she killed 'near' the tree or 'on' the tree (accident, hanging, etc)?

#17 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:54 PM

The Lady in Lace supposedly wears a white dress as she wanders along the road near the Ghost Tree at night, looking sad, then disappearing into emptiness. Often on dark, foggy nights along Pescadero Point and the Ghost Tree location, the Lady in Lace has reportedly alarmed motorists who have swerved to miss her.

Some think that this is the ghost of Dona Maria del Carmen Barreto who once owned a vast region of Pebble Beach. I have not heard of any reason why she should be haunting the area.

Others speculate the ghost could be a bride or young lady who lost a loved one, perhaps taken by the sea either in a shipwreck and/or drowning at this location. Because of the rocky points offshore and dense fog, this region of California was one of the most treacherous for explorers who came by ship to California.

Take your pick! LOL
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#18 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:02 PM

Site wouldn't let me edit my post! I just wanted to add that The Ghost Tree itself is a dead cypress tree that is grotesquely shaped and nearly gone now.

#19 TheGRIMSociety

TheGRIMSociety

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:43 PM

Ah, so it is very likely that this particular tree got its reputation from its appearance, then?

#20 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 03:22 PM

Ah, so it is very likely that this particular tree got its reputation from its appearance, then?

I am guessing that is part of it, but pretty sure the Lady in Lace also has a lot to do with it. She wanders 17 mile road on which the tree is sitting next to and to the best of my memory, tends to focus on the area around the tree. Could be wrong about that last part though..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users