My dead husband has called me twice

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 karitim

karitim

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

My husband passed in December. Since then, I have had two phone calls from his phone, which is not in service. The first time it happened I was on the freeway in traffic when our song came on the radio, which made me cry. Just then my phone rang, but it wasnt my normal ringtone, it was HIS ringtone, I grabbed my phone and it had his name on the caller ID I answered but it was only static.
the second time it was 3am and same thing happened. didnt get to the phone in time, but it said his name on the caller id again, and once again, his ringtone.
It has been a few months since it happened now. Any thoughts? And yes, I checked the number, it is not in service.

#2 crazycatwoman

crazycatwoman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:35 PM

My husband passed in December. Since then, I have had two phone calls from his phone, which is not in service. The first time it happened I was on the freeway in traffic when our song came on the radio, which made me cry. Just then my phone rang, but it wasnt my normal ringtone, it was HIS ringtone, I grabbed my phone and it had his name on the caller ID I answered but it was only static.
the second time it was 3am and same thing happened. didnt get to the phone in time, but it said his name on the caller id again, and once again, his ringtone.
It has been a few months since it happened now. Any thoughts? And yes, I checked the number, it is not in service.

After my sister passed, I would get phone calls in the middle of the night, and noone would be on. So I'd hit *69 and her house phone number would come up. I'd dial the house number to make sure they were okay, and it would go directly to a voicemail which she had recorded in her voice. (She worked for the phone company 25 years, and the voicemail thru phone company with her voice, was a backup in the event the house message recorder wouldn't work). This happened at least 6 times, and my daughter picked it up the one night, and went through all the verifying steps. I had the phone company come out and check my phone line, AND her phone line. Nothing to cause it. Big surprise, huh ?

#3 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:51 PM

Yes, spirits often use the telephone as a way to communicate. I have heard many stories such as yours. I am sorry for your loss. :kitty:
petunia4998

#4 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 02 October 2010 - 05:53 PM

Sounds like your hubby is letting you know he's thinking of you and sending his love. :kitty:
Posted Image

#5 crazycatwoman

crazycatwoman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:37 PM

Electronics seem to be an easy way for the departed to communicate. TV's, radios, alarms, cell phones, and telephones. I'm sorry for your loss, and I think he just wants you to know he is fine. It is alarming when you get one of those calls, but if you remove your emotion from it, it is the best way for him to get a message through to you. His ring, his name, and reaching out to you. He couldn't be any more 'to the point' than that. :kitty:

#6 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:18 AM

Hi, Karitim, welcome to the Village!

First of all I'm sorry for both your losses, but gosh...how odd! I mean I'm sure its possible but I've never experienced that or even heard of it happening
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#7 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:46 AM

Hi Karitim. sorry for your loss also. It's nice to know that your husband is still thinking of you in the hereafter.

#8 headknocker

headknocker

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:08 PM

Hi Karitim. sorry for your loss also. It's nice to know that your husband is still thinking of you in the hereafter.

Thanks for sharing.

My wife's best friend died suddenly at an early age(late 20's) in the late 90's and she swears to this day that her dear departed friend called her two days AFTER she died. She said she was sitting on the bed, balling her eyes out, when the phone rang. She picked up the phone and heard her friend's voice on the other end say,"Cindy, it's Renee. I'm OK and no longer in any pain." She freaked-out and slammed down the phone and initially thought someone was playing a sick joke on her. And then she realized it was indeed Renee's voice she had heard. It was comforting and freaky at the same time.

Fast forward several years later(around three weeks before Christmas) when an icey cold mass(you could tell it had a distinct shape to it by how it passed by me) passed by me on our couch(brushing against my cheek and forearm) and then proceeded to go up and through my wife on the other end of the couch. When it passed through her she let out this loud gasp and then burst out crying. She said she felt deep love as it passed through her. I've always been a believer but that was my first knock-down in my face encounter with the paranormal. It was undeniably cool as hell.

Everyone in my family is convinced Renee still stops in to visit us from time to time. Our home theater receiver will occasionally go crazy. The volume will go to the max when the remote control is sitting on the table in front of us. One day this went on for around six straight times before I finally acknowledged it with ,"OK, you've got my attention. Stop it!" It worked. In fact, it works every single time when you acknowledge it.

#9 Frenzyfest

Frenzyfest

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, History, Exercising, Films, Discussion.

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:09 PM

First of all Karitim, so sorry for your loss.

My grandmother was never one to believe in the paranormal until my grandfather picked on her using the TV.

He never liked Animal Planet (which my grandmother LOVES). He always watched CNN. He died around the time of the Summer Olympics in 2008 and he had always watched the Olympics when he was alive, and of course when they were going on.

It was about three days after my grandfather had died and my grandmother sat down to turn on the TV. She said the noise was good for her because the house was so quiet. Well, Animal Planet wasn't on for more than a minute before the TV shut off on its own. She dismissed it, got up, and turned the TV back on. She sat down again and just as she did the TV shut off again. She turned it on and it went off again. She did this about 5 times before screaming out "Fine, Ed! I'll change the channel!" She changed it to the Olympics and it stayed on until she decided to turn it off.

He always played little tricks on her throughout their 41 year marriage. It was his way of saying, "Don't be too upset. I'm still around when you need me."

I think it might be easier for spirits to use technology because we think of it as being so concrete. It really catches your attention when something like a call from the person or controls moving by themselves occur.
~*~ I believe in angels. They've literally saved my life. I call them friends ~*~

#10 Irishrose453

Irishrose453

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:42 AM

My sincere condolences to you both.
When I was a teen a friend of my brothers father passed away of a massive heart attack. His death was very sudden. A week or two after the funeral something strange happened. (The morning routine was to have his morning coffee at the kitchen table while listening to the radio.) The widow heard the radio playing in the kitchen she went in the kitchen and found his coffee cup sitting on the table and the radio on his favorite station. This happened several times before she sold the house to the city for a new interstate highway.
If they want to let us know they are around they will find a way.

#11 Molly

Molly

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in Psychology, Sociology, and Anthropology.

Posted 01 June 2011 - 03:25 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. My grandmother often told me that her father called her once after he passed away. They would always call each other at midnight on New Year's, and it was the first New Year's without him. She got a call at midnight, and it was his voice wishing her a happy New Year. It's just a little way of letting you know he is still watching over you. My grandmother who got that call has passed away since, and she had done little things, not involving the phone though.

Once, my mother lost one of grandma's things (I think it was an earring or a necklace). She was extremely upset, because we have so little of her things. She looked everywhere for it for a week and then gave up. Then, when she got home from work one day, it was sitting neatly on her dresser. She thought I had found it, but it wasn't me.

During the first Christmas after she died, I found a $10 in my wallet that I knew was not there, because I had spent the rest of my money on Christmas stuff earlier that week. I thought my mom had snuck it in there, which was very strange, since she's never done that before, and she swears she didn't. I even got out my receipts from what I took out of the bank and what I spent to make sure I hadn't made a mistake.

My mother and I have both woken up at night to see a white light hanging high over our beds, but neither of I have been startled by it; we just fall back asleep, thinking it's her.

Your husband is watching out for you. I don't think they're really "allowed" to interfere with our lives too much, so don't be distraught if the little signs end. There's a reason why my grandma didn't slip me a few $100, and send me money every Christmas - they just can't keep in contact with us too much.
Introverted, iNtuitive, Feeling, Judging.

#12 MGH

MGH

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:39 PM

Electronics seem to be an easy way for the departed to communicate. TV's, radios, alarms, cell phones, and telephones.

They are, when I first got news my father died out of state, my television set - a small 16" one - mysteriously went out and died without any explanation. Being a very strong believer in the paranormal (I do have precognition) I took that as a positive sign he was safely on the other side and watching over me

I am very sorry for your loss - your case is not unique though upon first reading your post I remembered the Twilight Zone "Night Caller" which is very similar but has a much more eerie element. If you were very close while married - it sounds like you were - loving him as if he was still here on earth will still keep him very close to you - real love has a way of penetrating that sphere known as the spirit world.

#13 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:22 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss. But I guess the spirit is letting you know that you are thought of and cared for.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users