I'd like an opinion on this

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Junga Kat

Junga Kat

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:57 PM

Since I was a little kid I loved all things paranormal and weird. The stranger it was, the more willing I was to believe it. After a while I felt foolish and gullible, so I'm now more of an open-minded skeptic. If something interests me, I first think of why it could be false. It is possible that I've had 4 ghost encounters; only 2 are definite. Prior to these, I had always wished that I could have some supernatural experience, some ghost encounter.
The latest one was a poltergeist sort of thing. I recognize that this is not the encounter forum so I won't waste your time describing it.

Anyways, I was very excited by this latest encounter and was telling everyone.
The last person I told was my grandmother. She undeniably has psychic abilities, but can be a sucker for occult stuff. As I told her, she did not share my excitement. In her broken english she asked me if I'd spent much time wishing to experience this kind of thing. Alarmed that she knew this, I said yes. She then explained that she had the feeling I did, and also had the feeling that I have an uncommon mental ability to make that sort of thing come about, and that I should be careful. It wasn't 100% clear to me what this "ability" she sensed in my was, but it was an alarming connection. This defied my beliefs about ghosts, it was illogical to me that a person could mentally summon ghosts. I wasn't even sure whether ghosts were really the spirits of dead people or an undiscovered scientific phenomenon. However, my Grandma is never wrong about these things. She predicts births and deaths in the family, and often reads minds. What she told me might have been based on a vague intuition, or definite knowledge, but it's hard for us to communicate on a subject like this, as english is not her first language and the material would be hard even for speakers of the same language to explain.

Basically, I just want to know more about this field as it is alarming and alien to me. What exactly is this ability? Could I have misunderstood her? Could there be consequences (I previously never believed in "dangerous" ghosts but I'm starting to question that)?

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:10 AM

Namaste and welcome to GhostVillage.

The danger is not from ghosts, but from you. Unless and until we prepare ourself to tune in, take necessary precautions, it could be dangerous. It is dangerous because we do not know what we are dealing with till it could be too late. But once we take the precautions, protection, I guess we are in control no matter what.
Posted Image

#3 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:31 AM

Hi, Junga and welcome to the village!
What's the ability? Can you see/hear spirits? That's the only thing I can think of that may be mistaken as summonsing and that's more like an attraction (hanging with someone you know acknowledges your presense)
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#4 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:59 AM

Some sensitive have the ability to project energy out of themselves, this usually happens when the person is distressed about things around them. This energy or poltergist can be " mild" or can take on the effects of a demon with people being scratched, harmed,things thrown. If you have this ability you need to train yourself to relax in stressful situations so you no longer project that energy out from yourself.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#5 crazycatwoman

crazycatwoman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:21 PM

Some sensitive have the ability to project energy out of themselves, this usually happens when the person is distressed about things around them. This energy or poltergist can be " mild" or can take on the effects of a demon with people being scratched, harmed,things thrown. If you have this ability you need to train yourself to relax in stressful situations so you no longer project that energy out from yourself.

I just seem to blow out lightbulbs when I'm really stressed. Occasionally a radio will turn off or something, but usually just the lightbulbs.

#6 Junga Kat

Junga Kat

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:01 PM

I suppose those are possibilities. It was hard to understand exactly what she meant. She just said I have some ability that has a connection with the fact that I wanted to encounter a ghost and the fact that it happened. 5 times now, I just had one last night.

#7 crazycatwoman

crazycatwoman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 01:28 PM

I suppose those are possibilities. It was hard to understand exactly what she meant. She just said I have some ability that has a connection with the fact that I wanted to encounter a ghost and the fact that it happened. 5 times now, I just had one last night.

I understand what you are saying. I am open to seeing spirit more than 'normal' people. That makes me more attractive to the spirit world than 'normal' people. Maybe our auras radiate something different than others.

#8 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:03 PM

Spirits seem to know who can see them or communicate with them. Sometimes they just want help like anyone else.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#9 crazycatwoman

crazycatwoman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:32 PM

Spirits seem to know who can see them or communicate with them. Sometimes they just want help like anyone else.

I agree. I often get a name in my ear when I'm sleeping. I'm just now learning that those names are relevant. My nephew visited me while in a coma, and i knew he wasn't coming back. He just wanted me to tell his Mom he was okay. My event the other weekend in Cape May was somebody who wanted a message passed, too. I even have things happen to me at work. The motion actibvated paper towel dispenser goes off when I'm in the room. Many times. My volume button goes up in my car when I'm talking to spirit sometimes. Sometimes if you ask for a sign, they give it.

#10 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:07 PM

I'm sensitive as well, yeah it freaks me out a little when I see something but that's you fight or flight response. You have to learn to turn it off, ( that's the point I'm at) but most just either want a message passed, the truth known, or someone to listen. Some are even willing to help us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users