VOTE!!!! ;D

#2 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 27 April 2003 - 10:03 AM

I feel that not only should French products be boycotted, but other measures should be instituted as well:

1.legislate that speaking of French in the US will qualify for deportation!

2. Make it a felony to consumn French Fries and/or French Toast!

3. Cut out the image of the country of France from all Atlases, maps and school books.  If anyone asks why an empty hole is there - tell them it reflects the emptyness of Chirac's head!

4. Remove all historical references to France, or the French Foreign Legion form all books sold in the US!

5. Send back the Stature of Liberty to France with shipping collect!

6.  Send the UN to Paris, sure don't need them in New York!

7. Send 5,000 Guillotines to the French people as a subtle reminder to the French Government that the people of France will eventually arise to rid itself of rascally weasels like Chirac!

I think this would please me......... ;D
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

• Guests

Posted 27 April 2003 - 11:45 AM

Haha...very good! I would like that too. ;D

#4 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 27 April 2003 - 04:34 PM

I agree almost totally!  I think we should make an exception though for Freedom Fries and Freedom Toast! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 04:46 PM

O.K. Krcguns,

An exemption is hereby granted for Freedom Fries and Freedom Toast!  LOL ;D
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 27 April 2003 - 10:18 PM

Comment Allez Vous, Ca Va? LMAO  8)

Well, being in this part of the world dunno what the issue is! Here, these morons are behind the American and British product ban!

Burning Coke and Pepsi factories, Stoning CitiBank / KFC / Pizza Hut! well, there goes the heroic antics of the followers of pre-jurassic ideology (i know all of you are matured enough to understand the "@*$ ism" I am talking about)

And these are the same people who travels in a Ford or an Opel! People who needs Ray Ban! People who well, forget it!

I don't stand for the bans in any way! But if anyone finds it appropriate way to express, go ahead! Say Cheese!

MARCI! LoL
Posted Image

#7 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 28 April 2003 - 01:36 PM

Hi Moon Child,

I guess it is hard for people in other countries to see our (America's) point.  It is basically a supposed friend letting you down in a very big way.  We went into their country in WWII and freed their people but when we ask for their help against a mad man that is just as bad as Adolph Hitler, they turn their snobbish noses up at us.  They even went as far as to share the contents of secret talks between us and France with Iraq.  They really do deserve to be boycotted in every way and just as soon as they find themselves needing some assistance from an outside source I hope that our country just laughs at them! ;D

#8 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 02:12 PM

Burning Coke plants I can really understand Moon, but burn a Pepsi plant!  Barbarians all!  LOL :;)

• Guests

Posted 28 April 2003 - 02:21 PM

So, are you going to stop at anti-French views or go on to anti- German as well? Funny how there is little to no regard on ethnic bashing but BAD_WORD, try bashing someones religious beliefs and the mods are all over that poster. What's up?

#10 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 04:25 PM

Hi Valkyrie,

Sometimes adults need a break from Political Correctness.  

I am not saying you are not an adult- I have no way of knowing that.  The post was submitted as a form of political satire.  This form of humor must contain a grain of truth to be effective.  

There are alot of hard feelings toward France in this country.  Satire is one way to release pent up emotion without really hurting anyone.  If we laugh at our frustrations things don't seem so bad anymore.

I think alot of folks in our country would have a few comments about the Germans also.  I am of German descent and would take no offense at a similar post focusing on Germany.  You see Val, I would know the difference between Political Satire and true malice.

btw  I am NOT a Moderator.

#11 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 29 April 2003 - 10:53 PM

Friends, an open question? If we start to boycott things based on such views, will we boycott those things that have "technological" origin in these countries? Say, Will we stop using the technologies based on Radium? Will we stop using Penicilin? Well, I don't know what all, think about it yourself? It was told that Statue of Liberty was originally from France! How about the French, German, Dutch, Spanish ........ immigrants? How about Einstein and his theories!
What needed to be boycotted is the wrond doings of the politicians! They really suck! Wherever, they have the same stink!
Posted Image

#12 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 04:43 AM

Hi guys!

I think that the biggest reasons that we are being so hard on the French is the fact that we saved their butts in WWII and also the fact that we have known that the
French haven't liked Americans for a very long time.  That just makes our opinions that much easier for us.  Also, we are a very proud country!! ;)

#13 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 10:35 AM

I wonder if the French actions regarding the war in Iraq
(both saboutage in the UN and their...hem, less than enthusiastic participation :;)) is not unlike sibling or family rivalry.

In a way they were our midwives when we declared independance from GB, their help, of course, was probably based on hurting the English holdings in the New World rather than a need to help a fledgling eagle spread its wings ;D

160-some years later, they're hocks are saved after the Nazis cut through the Maginot Line like so much Brie (sorry, its close to lunch time), but that kind of rescue often breeds resentment. The nation they helped break the shell from just saved their tails....DANG!

In another 30 years that same nation is considered a super power on the international scene. I am NOT condoning their actions (Flying, the one condition we should grant is the destruction of Pepsi manufacturing plants ;D), I'm just offering a perspective as to why they'd be such butts. Of course, the same happened to the English and they're fighting beside us-they just consider us a bunch of coffee swilling, wrong side of the road driving on savages ;) ;D 8)

I'm a little too fond of french fries and toast to support a
boycott and since a lot of my family from the old country only speak French :D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#14 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 02:37 PM

*sigh*  The whole point of carrying the "France thing" to the absurd is to make a point.  You all don't really think I want to cut France out of the Atlases do you?

Well, Whispers might!!!  LOL

The point being if you can laugh at a problem, then you might think about it.  If you think about it, you might realise the whole boycott thing is a ludicrus "tempest in a teapot".  There are even people boycotting American companies because they think they are French, example French's mustard-an American company!

Besides, I have very fond memories of French Kissing! ;D

So I say a toast, to the same fine people that brought us the French and Indian War!  LOL :;)

#15 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 03:59 PM

*I'm sorry, Flying, didn't realize it was all in gest*The notion of boycotting the French is actually under consideration out here, its foolish, hells, its bloody stupid but you've got radio show hosts that rant about it<guess this is another reason for us to disappear under the Pacific>and people are actually calling in support of a boycott

If you'll remember, sauerkraut was called liberty cabbage during WWII, I'm sorry, man, I should have known better or at least had more faith in a friend ;)
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users