• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 06:22 PM

I understand that people have problems with telemarketers, but for some, that is a way to pay the bills.  Part of my job depends upon the phone and I am sometimes viewed as a telemarketer.  When people play games like these, it wastes everyones time.  Don't be angry with telemarketers, be angry with the marketing companies that use these tactics.

#2 armadilloswill

armadilloswill

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 05:08 PM

or you could just put your name on the "Do Not Call" list!
Chuck C. Salem Ma

#3 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 21 February 2004 - 09:42 AM

AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Spooky a TELEMARKETER!   Tell me it ain't so!!    :o

I like to see how long I can keep them on the phone.  I will feign interest in whatever they are selling, but am constantly interupted by things happening in the house.

Example:  Oh! I am really interested in this but hold on just a minute the dinner pots boiling over.  when I come back I say hold on again as the baby just fell out of the highchair.  Every 1-2 minutes or so I make sure they are still there and randomly make up any excuse to make them wait again- the record is a bit over 10 minutes before they hang up in frustration. ;D
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#4 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 21 February 2004 - 10:10 AM

most telemarketers are going to be students, or young people trying to pay their way through education or find better work.  It is a crappy job, the hours are horrid- but they fit around a day job, or school work, the money isn't exactly great and the poor kids get insulted all day...

Be nice, give them a break.... failing that tell them your whole life story, 'cause it may be cheating them of quite a bit of money, but it'll sure break the monotony

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#5 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 21 February 2004 - 03:13 PM

Yeah whispers.........you wanna buy some magazines?  How 'bout that trip that you won to mexico, give me a call and I'll tell you all about it.

I'm not a telemarketer, but at times I am mistaken for one.  I am a marketing rep and part of my job is to call people who have requested information from us. It is at those times I am sometimes mistaken for a telemarketer and people pull the pranks on me that were described here.  And then when I tell them the reason that I am calling (because they requested some info and/or asked me to call) they usually feel like quite the idiot.

#6 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 21 February 2004 - 03:22 PM

AAhhh  I knew Spooky couldn't be a ....GASP....TELEMARKETER!

*breathes a sigh of relief*  :D

There is a big differance tween calling someone who asked for information and the Evildoers that invade your privacy.
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users