need help with this question

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dman

Dman

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:52 PM

ok i have this question does anyone know it.

What general classification of entity actuallly seems to be trying to communicate with the living in EVP?

im not sure how to answer this question, is it a spirit, or a Demonic entity. does anyone know this answer. :)

thanks Dman

#2 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:47 PM

It's a spirit. :)
petunia4998

#3 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:51 PM

I just look at them as voices for now, and only the "class a" variety. Without anything evidence to explain just whose voices they are, it would be impossible to say.

The best recordings I've made range from nonsensical to emphatic replies to questions or comments being made at the time. If I had to pose an idea as to what these voices are it would almost seems as if they are from people who are in fact quite alive, perhaps on another plane of existence that we can't detect but sometimes, if conditions are right, are able to interact with in rudimentary ways.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#4 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:25 PM

I agree with Dave it would be hard to say, if you have other proof I feel it could be either but if its actual words probably would not be demonic.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#5 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:18 AM

I believe most are spirits and not demonic. It depends on what message is given, how you feel at the time and what surroundings you are in.
I am more than my physical body.

#6 Jason_CPAPS

Jason_CPAPS

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

Demonic Entities will usually not respond to a paranormal team. In most cases religious provication needs to be used in order to get anything from them

#7 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:24 AM

Any answer here would be conjecture.

Truth is, there is no proof spirits of the dead even can communicate with the living. EVPs may originate from some form of energy. Demonic forces could be responsible. They could even be a result of interdimensional beings laughing at us from the "other side".

So at this point any or none of the above might be responsible. We really just don't know.

#8 Jason_CPAPS

Jason_CPAPS

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:07 PM

Any answer here would be conjecture.

Truth is, there is no proof spirits of the dead even can communicate with the living. EVPs may originate from some form of energy. Demonic forces could be responsible. They could even be a result of interdimensional beings laughing at us from the "other side".

So at this point any or none of the above might be responsible. We really just don't know.

To go along with what Cave Rat said: there have been tests and studies done where objects around us can sound like evp. For example a fan can sometimes create evps such as many other electrical devices. As he said at this point we have no proof of anything. We all work on theory

#9 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:27 PM

I concur, Jason. Last night my window-mounted AC unit sounded exactly like somebody speaking in my room. I knew what it was, but man, it was creepy sounding nonetheless.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#10 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

I also had an experience with white noise. I was using a hand mixer to make a cake. As I was beating the cake batter, I kept hearing voices in the other room, behind me. I would turn off the mixer and look in there, and the voices stopped. Turn on the mixer and pretty soon, I'd be hearing that muffled conversation. Came to figure out that it was the cord of the mixer swinging against the cupboard and that noise coupled with the white noise of the mixer motor created the "voices". It was creepy for about a minute or so.

My question is this - can evp's be residual? Like an echo, only from the past?
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#11 Jason_CPAPS

Jason_CPAPS

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:29 AM

If residual hauntings exist, it would be safe to say residual evp exists. The reason I say if is I've been playing with a theory on residual. What if there is no residual. What if the spirits are simply ignoring us or they just simply do not know we exist and continue about their buisness?

#12 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:01 AM

Residuals replay the same thing over and over -- like a record. I can't imagine a sentient entity re-enacting its mortal death every night, or marching to the same battle every night, etc.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users