Attempting communication. Tips?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Frenzyfest

Frenzyfest

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, History, Exercising, Films, Discussion.

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:10 AM

Hello everyone!

As I posted previously I've had some experiences that I believe show that I am sensitive to spirits. This weekend I've decided to try my hand at communicating with a presence I have felt that I personally believe is either attached to me, my boyfriend or our house. I've felt it especially in our bathroom (which, on a side note, makes showering really awkward sometimes). It also tends to be in our bedroom, which is adjacent to the bathroom.

I don't get the sense that this is anything harmful, but I did want to ask for opinions/tips on what to add to my attempt at communication.

This is my plan (essentially):
- Using the bedroom (the closet is mirrored on the outside)
- Envisioning a "bubble" to protect me (I've been practicing for the past week and a half)
- I plan to outline questions as to not invite anyone/anything that is unwanted
-In case I don't see/hear any answers I plan to have my tape recorder going. It's a basic tape recorder that I purchased for class lectures. It will run for 90 minutes.
- When asking questions I plan to pause for a full minute between to allow for answers
- I plan to turn the lights off and burn candles instead.
-I intend to do this at night, partly because my skeptic boyfriend will likely be busy with playing Civilization 5 :D

If any of you have suggestions as far as improving the safety of this attempt please do share. I'm particularly interested in any way to denounce evil. I am not a follower of any particular faith, but more spiritualist and I'm kind of confused on what I should call on to help keep any evil away. Would saying "Any malicious spirits or entities with bad intent are not welcome in this house" be sufficient?

I look forward to any tips. And if I am successful I'll be sure to share the experience :D
~*~ I believe in angels. They've literally saved my life. I call them friends ~*~

#2 Gracie H.

Gracie H.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:27 AM

Yep, it will work, most times. It would be better if you had some faith in God and used his name but as long as you don't get a full blown demon, your ok. Full blown demons are rare, angery spirits are often confused with them. You should be fine.
When a psychic channels spirits they feel the answers and get pictures of things in their head and even smells and tastes. They are snippets and takes some experience to pick them up. You might want to calm yourself, do a little meditation or just rest before hand to quiet your mind so if you have any ability you can pick up something that way too. Most people do have ability it's just accessing it.
Good Luck and keep us informed.

#3 Frenzyfest

Frenzyfest

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:22 AM

Yep, it will work, most times. It would be better if you had some faith in God and used his name but as long as you don't get a full blown demon, your ok. Full blown demons are rare, angery spirits are often confused with them. You should be fine.
When a psychic channels spirits they feel the answers and get pictures of things in their head and even smells and tastes. They are snippets and takes some experience to pick them up. You might want to calm yourself, do a little meditation or just rest before hand to quiet your mind so if you have any ability you can pick up something that way too. Most people do have ability it's just accessing it.
Good Luck and keep us informed.

Thanks Gracie! I appreciate the input :-) I've been working on clearing my mind for the past two weeks. It's hard because usually I'm so "in my head" with all kinds of things. But it's actually been a good experience for me. It's helped me de-stress a lot in addition to prepping me for communication.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure that this spirit is kind. I felt it when I was showering the other night, which is one thing I want to get it to stop doing. I don't mind it when it hangs around when I'm doing my hair or make-up but other than that I like my privacy :-P

I was just wondering one more thing. Any word on whether I should keep doors open or closed? The bedroom is attached to the bathroom so I was planning on keeping that door open but closing the other two. Is this something I should avoid doing?

Thanks again to Gracie and anyone else willing to share tips or advice :-)
~*~ I believe in angels. They've literally saved my life. I call them friends ~*~

#4 Gracie H.

Gracie H.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:45 AM

Well, I'd keep the doors closed just so you can cut down on outside noises.
One thing, if you don't want company in the shower and you feel someone there, just tell them that it your private time and they are not to go in there when you are. If it keeps happening after that then it's not as kind as you thought.
Gracie

#5 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:20 PM

Hi, Frenzy, use a tape recorder and break down your taping sessions...10-20 minutes per, you can review in the interim, closing the br door's a good idea as well

It may just be a previous owner/renter but I agree be firm, if the haunt's hanging out in the bathroom/shower with you tell him/her to go away
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#6 Frenzyfest

Frenzyfest

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:18 AM

Thanks ladies, I'll be sure to close the door.

And yesterday I actually did try to tell it to go away and it did leave until I was getting my hair ready. It was then that it hung around again. I think it got the message that I like my privacy in there during certain morning/nightly rituals.

I still want to try to figure out why it's here. I have the tape recorder all ready. Thanks for the tip on the time Oiche. Upon reflection I don't really have that much to ask :-P

Thanks again! I should be conducting the first attempt tomorrow. Very excited to see what I can find :-)

#7 Gracie H.

Gracie H.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:40 AM

Please let us know, I'm curious to see if you get anything the first time, it not, don't get discouraged! Try again another day.

#8 Frenzyfest

Frenzyfest

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:21 AM

So, I attempted communication last night. I didn't pick up anything on the recorder or in person. But I did realize I was really nervous when I listened to the playback. I'm going to try to work up some guts and try it again.

But I learned what works and what doesn't for next time. For one, my boyfriend can't be home. The cat fell off his lap and clawed him in the middle of one of my pauses for answers and he screamed out. The funny part was that it was when I asked if there was anything the spirit had liked in life XD Maybe schraudenfreude? Nonetheless it scared the tar out of me.

I think my biggest problem was nervousness. The feeling I get when it's around is usually when I'm completely relaxed. Maybe it sensed I was scared and didn't feel comfortable being associated with fear? I don't know, now I'm just assuming.

Anyway, I thought I'd let you ladies know that the first attempt was uneventful. When I try it again if something does happen or come through on my recorder I will let you know. Thanks for all your tips. They were very helpful :-)

#9 Gracie H.

Gracie H.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:30 AM

Yea, it was probably the nervousness. Try again later but let us know!!

#10 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:17 PM

I think that one thing everyone needs to remember is that spirits/ghosts are not performers. You cannot make something happen just because you want it to happen. They don't always show up. Real life isn't like a television program where there is always an evp to every question asked in a session. Last spring, I participated in an investigation in Janesville, WI, and we did an hour long evp session. We got nothing. It can take many, many sessions - months worth - before you get anything that could be considered an evp. The thing to remember is that it does take time and patience. Keep trying to communicate, and keep a journal of everything - dates, times, weather conditions, etc. If you make any kind of noise, like bumping your foot or burping, you need to say "that was me" right after so that when reviewing the tapes you don't think it's supernatural. And keep us posted as to your progress.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#11 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:43 AM

Hi, Frenzy, as Redhead said its sort of rare to get them to speak or even manifest when its convenient to us, you may want to hold off on the recorder or have it present but turned off let them get used to its presense and just talk about yourself

#12 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

Another suggestion I have is the rapping method: asking a question and listening for the answering raps. Ask yes or no questions, and be sure to tell the spirit that 1 rap is for "yes" and 2 raps are for "no".

It's a very simple way to communicate. :)
petunia4998

#13 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:06 AM

If you've got a camcorder you can always use a pendulum (swing right=yes/swing left=no)

#14 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

Another suggestion I have is the rapping method: asking a question and listening for the answering raps. Ask yes or no questions, and be sure to tell the spirit that 1 rap is for "yes" and 2 raps are for "no".

It's a very simple way to communicate. :kitty:

I worked with a team that used to employ this method, and I saw on my video that several people were the cause for the knocks or raps that were asked for - all inadvertently - and I never saw a reason to continue with that method at all.

Good luck with your experiment. Let us know how it goes.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#15 nq13

nq13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:WE ARE ANONYMOUS
    WE ARE LEGION
    WE NEVER FORGIVE
    WE NEVER FORGET
    EXPECT US

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:09 PM

The contribution I can make to this discussion is be respectfull. Never command or demand that the spirit appear or communicate.
You say that you do not lean toward any one faith, but Sunday is Halloween when many believe the veil between this world and the spirit world is at its thinest. Halloween has always offered an open door of communication between Earth and the Spirit world. It is believed the wolds of the living and the dead become transparent, so the two realms could see each other.
The souldscape travelers make a point of getting back by November 3. Many believe the veil continues to be at its thinnest the night before All Hallows (10/31), the feast of All Saints (11/1) and All Souls Day (11/2).
In my faith we use this time to commucnicate with those you have passed before us, those that are in need and those that have no one else. Sometimes they don't know they have passed on, sometimes they are stuck and don't know how to continue, but I degress.
I'm just mentioning this because this might be an easier time to communicate. Please do not get discouraged if you do not. Redhead had a point that spirits are not performers and they do not appear simply because we want them to. Also practice, practice, practice. Ground yourself, Focus. Do not let your boyfriend interrupt (or even be there). Make sure it is quite and dark. Try lighting a candle behind you when looking into the mirror. Clear your mind.
I started this by just wanting to say Please be Respectfull. It looks like I started babbeling a tad. I wish you well.
Happy Halloween
Natasha

So sorry but if you don't get anywhere 10/31-11/2 you can try again on Sunday 11/7. Some believe this is the true Samhain (Halloween) when the Sun reaches exactly 15 degrees Scorpio.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users