Cancer

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:40 PM

My uncle Phil was diagnosed with prostate cancer (adenocarcinoma). It's already in his pelvis and spine... He's going to Sloan Kettering next Wednesday to find out how they're gonna treat it... Guess all I ask for right now is for y'all to keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Heck, have your church pray for him too, if it suits.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:18 AM

Sending prayers and healing vibes his way!
Posted Image

#3 Ryuu

Ryuu

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Video games and anime not as heavily as I used to be though just watch anime and play video games once in a while. And the paranormal of course.

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:21 AM

My thoughts and prayers be with him I hope he gets through it all
"A winner is a loser who will get up and try again." - Dennis DeYoung

#4 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

So do we.

Posted Image

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

#5 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:28 AM

I will also keep him in my prayers. Is there a name you would be willing to share? I will include his name in my Havurah's Refuah Shlemah (Healing of Peace - literally). Shalom and good wishes to your uncle!
I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

#6 crazycatwoman

crazycatwoman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:32 PM

My uncle Phil was diagnosed with prostate cancer (adenocarcinoma). It's already in his pelvis and spine... He's going to Sloan Kettering next Wednesday to find out how they're gonna treat it... Guess all I ask for right now is for y'all to keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Heck, have your church pray for him too, if it suits.

Prayers and Reiki going out for your Uncle Phil.

#7 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:09 PM

Sending good vibes and "spoons" to your uncle... And of course much love to you and his family as well. Keep us up to date.
Love life.

#8 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:44 PM

Many prayers going to him and to your family.
I am more than my physical body.

#9 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:38 AM

Miriam, he's Phil Devonshire.

And thank you guys'n'girls... It does help. Dad talked to him last night and what I heard from mom is that Phil said it isn't terminal, just really aggressive. I'll try to keep y'all updated as I get the info.

Posted Image

#10 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

Definately add my prayers to the many that are heading towards your uncle. Please keep us updated on how he's doing and how y'all are holding up.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#11 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:30 PM

Love, healing and best wishes to your Uncle Phil..
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#12 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:12 PM

How's your uncle doing Lycan?
Love life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users