• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 ChuckMcB

ChuckMcB

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:50 AM

I was away at college when one of the first cats my family ever took in ended up passing on at a very young age. He limped home one night with severe internal injuries, laid down next to his brother and never made it to the vet. My parents chose not to tell me until I got home for my first break. But before that I met a stray on campus that let me approach and pet it for a while. It was like it never even saw me coming, when I first touched it the stray was visibly startled but almost instantly knew me as a friend. Later that week I saw another that looked very much like the one that had passed on before I knew. He was one of four kittens out of three litters our second cat ended up producing in a six month span that we had opted to keep.

The original cat, a runt my mother found in a dumpster where she worked, ended up disappearing one day himself after several good years. I've seen him still wandering about in the corner of my eye and in a few very vivid dreams where he just wants a little more cheese out of the fridge in our old house.
Paranormal Investigations: 8Last Investigation: 12-16-11Founder: Gulfview Paranormal Hernando Beach, FLEmail Us: GulfviewPI@mail.com

#17 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:41 PM

I was away at college when one of the first cats my family ever took in ended up passing on at a very young age. He limped home one night with severe internal injuries, laid down next to his brother and never made it to the vet. My parents chose not to tell me until I got home for my first break. But before that I met a stray on campus that let me approach and pet it for a while. It was like it never even saw me coming, when I first touched it the stray was visibly startled but almost instantly knew me as a friend. Later that week I saw another that looked very much like the one that had passed on before I knew. He was one of four kittens out of three litters our second cat ended up producing in a six month span that we had opted to keep.

The original cat, a runt my mother found in a dumpster where she worked, ended up disappearing one day himself after several good years. I've seen him still wandering about in the corner of my eye and in a few very vivid dreams where he just wants a little more cheese out of the fridge in our old house.

Thank you Chuck, for sharing your lovely story. One of my cats I had from her birth when I was 9 till just past my 24th birthday, and in fact, since you spoke of having vivid dreams, I remembered dreaming of her the night she passed away. The way she came to me was so unusual and like she was right with me. I had moved to another city and had been looking for a place that would accept cats while my old roommate kept Tigger until I could find the appropriate place. Following that dream I called Emily and knew before she told me that Tigger had passed and that she, sadly for her and for me, sort of died of loneliness and could only visit me then in my dreams. She was my one cat that truly thought she was a person - slept with me under the covers, woke me up in the morning and went on my many road trips with me as my companion.
I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

#18 sprace

sprace

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:anything ghostly, reading crime thrillers a must, music mainly rock and shopping lots of it!

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:45 PM

Hello all, I just came upon this thread and found it interesting you see I lost my black oriental cat Salem last nov, and tbh iam still struggling with the fact he is no longer here and as he was such a character, ie he was so loving and begged liked a dog and rolled around the floor wanting much needed or rather demand cuddles, I miss him dreadfully and at age 4 he was too young to die :) he had a heart defect and passed away to rainbow bridge whilst beside me....I would love to take some comfort in the knowledge that maybe a part of his spirit has materialised into his two other "siamese brothers" or at least he has come to visit them since he passed~ I have felt on a few occasions that I maybe hve seen his shadow and heard his meow, I don't know if this was due to me " wanting to" believe that he is still around? Nevertheless, I hope wherever he is he is safe and loved as much as he ever was on earth. :)
Always believe~ Always Trust~ Always Love~ & All the good things will Find you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users