• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 wmv

wmv

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:41 AM

Have any of you ever encountered one?

I read an article about black dogs yesterday, where it talks about some sort of an attack on a church in the 1500's, and I read another couple of anecdotes of people encountering such a dog in modern times that sounded really terrifying. I wouldn't have thought something like that would exist, but now I'm not so sure. What do you think they are? Spirits of some kind? Demons? Or nonsense?

Here's the article about the attack on the church.

http://socyberty.com...-dogs-of-death/

I can't find this one personal story I found of a guys encounter with a dog in a village late at night but it sent shivers up my spine. If I come across that, I'll post it here. The guy is either a really good fiction writer or he's got an extremely scary memory!

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:18 AM

Here are a few other discussions we have had on Black Dogs, perhaps these might help.

Black Dog 001
Black Dogs 002
Black Dogs 003
Black Dogs 004
Black Dogs 005
Posted Image

#3 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:35 PM

wow.. wonder if it would be feasible to merge some of those togeater!
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#4 crazycatwoman

crazycatwoman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:36 PM

Have any of you ever encountered one?

I read an article about black dogs yesterday, where it talks about some sort of an attack on a church in the 1500's, and I read another couple of anecdotes of people encountering such a dog in modern times that sounded really terrifying. I wouldn't have thought something like that would exist, but now I'm not so sure. What do you think they are? Spirits of some kind? Demons? Or nonsense?

Here's the article about the attack on the church.

http://socyberty.com...-dogs-of-death/

I can't find this one personal story I found of a guys encounter with a dog in a village late at night but it sent shivers up my spine. If I come across that, I'll post it here. The guy is either a really good fiction writer or he's got an extremely scary memory!

Years ago my then teenage daughter's boyfriend told me about 3 black dogs he saw in a field in Lancaster County PA. They had red eyes. It was about 1/4 mile from the local Church. He would have never researched any of the black dog theories, so it seems pretty iromic to read about black dogs with glowing red eyes in another continent.

#5 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:18 PM

Was Penn. originally a Dutch or English holding? Maybe the tradition was carried on in parts of the new world
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#6 crazycatwoman

crazycatwoman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:47 PM

Was Penn. originally a Dutch or English holding? Maybe the tradition was carried on in parts of the new world

Lancaster County was originally settled by mostly Germans and people from northern Switzerland.

#7 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 24 October 2010 - 02:30 AM

lol shoots down that theory, huh?
Could they have been a pack of wild dogs?

#8 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:55 AM

wow.. wonder if it would be feasible to merge some of those togeater!

They are all old discussions CrysCat, not too sure if it is meaningful to merge them.
Posted Image

#9 crazycatwoman

crazycatwoman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

Their eyes were red lights, like glowing red eyes. Not real dog eyes. Scared the heck out of him.

#10 wmv

wmv

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:40 PM

Their eyes were red lights, like glowing red eyes. Not real dog eyes. Scared the heck out of him.

That's like the story I read. It was a guy who saw one up close... it had come through a hedge or something a few feet in front of him. It had red eyes and came up to his chest. It didn't chase him or anything, just looked at him. He ran off, and it was the scariest experience of his life.

It's not like seeing a regular wild or vicious dog or something in terms of fear, at least from the way I've heard it.

#11 crazycatwoman

crazycatwoman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:48 PM

That's like the story I read. It was a guy who saw one up close... it had come through a hedge or something a few feet in front of him. It had red eyes and came up to his chest. It didn't chase him or anything, just looked at him. He ran off, and it was the scariest experience of his life.

It's not like seeing a regular wild or vicious dog or something in terms of fear, at least from the way I've heard it.

It was dark out, and he saw 3 of them together in a field. He said they had bodies like grayhounds. Tall. But black, with glowing red eyes. I don't know what happened after. I think he was in a car. I really wish I could ask him, but not in a position to have a chat with him.

#12 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:31 AM

Odd, Cat...in Gaelic folklore they're like Mastiffs, thick-bodied, powerful with the same red eyes. Maybe there are different camps of black dogs

#13 crazycatwoman

crazycatwoman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:19 AM

Odd, Cat...in Gaelic folklore they're like Mastiffs, thick-bodied, powerful with the same red eyes. Maybe there are different camps of black dogs

I'm thinking thought forms

#14 PhantomGlider

PhantomGlider

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Supernature...

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

When in my 30's I had just finished directing a wonderful theatre production in Chicago. Picked up a heavy pay check, bought a Mustang and drove with my gf of the time down to Mexico in search of a shaman that I needed to do some work with and ask some questions of. The first night we stopped at a motel and went to sleep. I woke up suddenly with a large headed boa type-serpent wound around my left lower leg. I could see it for a while. Saw details of it's markings. Felt the power of its coil around my leg. It stopped moving for a bit and then started moving up my leg again. I pushed hard against its head and it simply disappeared. I invoked protection and put on some protective jewelry then went back to sleep, My GF slept through it all. I dreamed of a very old woman in a vintage Rolls Royce. I was lost in a Mexican city, wandering the empty streets at night. I enquired the way of the old woman who turned to face me. It was a demon with black skin and a half eaten face wearing a wig and old lady hat. He said to me "It's time you felt the teeth of the dogs of damnation."

Already scared, that was enough to put me into flight. He let three black Labrador puppies out of the Roller, after me. They were yapping as they ran after me and eventually almost caught me. Each one of them nipped the back of my left leg as I was running and then ran back to the roller. I woke up next morning with no vitality. I was sick and exhausted. We continued on the journey beset by one paranormal event after another... none of them added up. A dead butterfly caught on my antenna for 200 miles. A huge crow flying down the highway in front of us. An event in one motel room that just simply had us fleeing the room at 3 am. Then when we were on the road the car started sliding all over the highway while other cars were passing at high speeds completely unhindered by the seeming icy conditions. We stopped at a dinner and did an early breakfast until the sun came up. At that point still feeling sick I decided something was trying to stop us and I felt that if we gave up on the journey I might start feeling better. So we turned around and went back early to my next directing gig. Didn't feel any better and my left back started to hurt so badly I could hardly drive leaning back into the chair. Turned out that I had pulmonary emboli from three blood clots that were in the back of my left calf... where the serpent had been constricting and where the black pups had nipped me... 3 times.

It was tough for me at a young age to come to terms with my mortality in that way but one could say that one had felt the teeth of the dogs of damnation. Hopefully without being totally damned. I later found out that there was an old and powerful Shaman in Mexico that didn't want me going there. He had tried a remote killing. That's a 20 page account but you get the idea. Interesting that the large headed python looked quite like Quetzalcoatl, the feathered serpent God of the Mesoamerican Indiands.
http://www.beyondtheseries.com

"Nietzsche is dead" GOD

#15 creepyjon

creepyjon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:34 AM

I've had an encounter with them too. We had a black dog with red eyes jump out of a tombstone, look at us, and fly back down into the ground. At which point I got my team out of there for safety, and I never ever like to leave but I was responsible for others and would not risk their well being. My theory is they have to do with necromancy. The watcher race can be used as a protective force against people. They do whatever they were taught to do, and will only harm if instructed to do so. The watcher race can manifest as black dogs, but getting more into than that will get very long winded pretty quick, it's better to research it yourself. We had someone who was physic confirm there were rituals done in the cemetery, so all the clues add up in our case.
Visit Ghosts of the Valley for my collection of paranormal evidence. http://ghostsofthevalley.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users