9 replies to this topic

#1 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:02 AM

Is there any significance between 2:00 am and the paranormal? The last two weeks just about every morning I have woken up between 2-230 am for no reason. In the past I woke up once right at 2 am and could feel something there with me. For me waking up the last two weeks between 2-230 is something trying to contact me? Is this time of night significant?
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#2 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:37 PM

Traditionally its the witching hour, you get a LOT of activity between 2-4am
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#3 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:08 PM

Hmmm I always thought midnight was the witching hour. Think I'm gonna start a journal on it if I feel or notice anything when I wake up at that time.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#4 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:25 AM

So did I, Kev, but it was pointed out that it was a misconception. Not even sure why haunts are more active at that time
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#5 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

For some reason I'm still waking up between 2-2:30 this morning was about 2:30 and was up for a hour went out to see if I noticed anything and nothing seemed unusual but before falling asleep last night thought I heard voices but not sure might of been the fan dunno though sounded like a conversation.

#6 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:33 AM

Kevin, if I do wake up at night it's usually in that time range (3-4 am). I haven't felt any presence or anything but I've heard that's when the spirits usually come and visit.

Whatever

#7 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:39 AM

It's been just about every night for the last three weeks. If it is a spirit how can I make contact without disturbing my gf? And usually I can either see or feel a entity but none of these times I wake up I can't.

#8 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:42 AM

People generally establish sleep cycles. One of the reasons why we wake at similar times is because we tend to go to bed at about the same time each night. A pattern is established and at approximately the same number of hours after we go to sleep we wake. If you want to try an experiment, change the time you go to bed for a few nights and see if that doesn't also alter the time you wake in the middle of the night. It may take a few nights since the first night will represent a major disruption and you could have a few restless nights as a result. But likely you will find your circadian rhythm shifts as a result.

As to why a lot of activity is reported between 2 - 4 AM, consider that this also when many people do first wake up during the night. Consequently a lot of lucid dream cycles and sleep paralysis also occurs as we wake up, thus this would be the time many of these events come into play. Historically this is also, as stated the "witching hours", but one has to wonder if this concept may not have been a result of the waking cycles of the people involved in many cases. That could explain where this idea originated.

#9 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:49 AM

Thanks cave rat thing is when it first started is be up until 11 or so and still wake up then but lately its been getting earlier and earlier that I've been going to bed last night was about 8:50 the theory does make sense but just seems weird that no matter when I go to bed I wake up between 2-2:30

#10 ChuckMcB

ChuckMcB

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:30 AM

I never put any stock into traditional times for activity but that said, I'm sorry to say the most activity I ever got happened to be at midnight during a full moon in a cemetary. We didn't plan on any of that, it's just how things worked out. If there were any spirits present, it seemed some of them were aware of that fact themselves and wanted to mess with us.

Your specific case could be just about anything. I do sometimes sense presences in my house and sometimes I'm not sure we know eachother but even with that, I do often wake up in the middle of the night myself feeling like there might be something there. However, I usually have little trouble dismissing it and getting back to sleep, especially when I have a dog or cat with me that is totally relaxed. If they ever get freaked out, that would be the night I actually get up and take a look around. I just have a hard time getting to sleep and staying there, typically when I sense an external cause I chalk it up to the wierd dreams I like to have. There are too many normal reasons for trouble sleeping.
Paranormal Investigations: 8Last Investigation: 12-16-11Founder: Gulfview Paranormal Hernando Beach, FLEmail Us: GulfviewPI@mail.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users