Thanksgiving Holiday in the U.S.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:34 AM

For the last three hundred years, people in this nation have set aside a day each autumn to celebrate making it through another year and to appreciate all the blessings and bounty of that year. It seems to me that, for a few decades now, this day has become more about gorging ourselves on too much rich food and watching American football on television. I thought it might be nice for us to reflect on what we are thankful for.

I am thankful that we paid our mortgage off many years ago even though it was financially difficult. We won't lose our home like many have.
I am thankful for my sore knees; they remind me that I can still walk and there are GIs in Iraq/Afganistan who have lost their limbs.
I am thankful for having to have a hard time deciding what to prepare for meals; it reminds me that I don't have to worry about where my next meal will come from.
I am thankful for the cold weather; it reminds me that I can put my warm winter coat on and a lot of people don't have any jacket at all.
I am thankful for a handful of people who made my life miserable this past year by being cruel and hateful to me. They have made me appreciate those people in my life who are kind and loving to me.
I am thankful for my GhostVillage friends. You all remind me that the world isn't so large and that people aren't so different.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#2 ali88baba

ali88baba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy cooking, baking, playing The Sims 2 on PC, crochet, and of course, ghost stories!

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:46 AM

I am thankful for my smart, beautiful daughters.
I am thankful for my loving husband.
I am thankful for my sweet, loyal, and loving dogs.
I am thankful for my family and friends.
I am thankful that I have a job when many do not.

#3 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

I'm thankful for my Spiritual beliefs. Without that, I'd have an empty heart.
I'm thankful for my husband. He's the best thing in the world!
I'm thankful for my children. They are the best gift I could have ever received.
I'm thankful for my friends. Without them, I'd be lonely.
I'm thankful for all of you. Without you, I'd have a boring time on the computer. LOL

Many Blessings to you all! Best wishes and Happy Early Thanksgiving!
Posted Image

#4 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:39 PM

Wow Redhead, I love everything you're thankful for and would like to add a few of my own to your list.

I'm thankful to have my children around me
I'm thankful for the roof over my head, the clothes on my back, and the food I'm able to feed my children
I'm thankful to wake up every morning
I'm thankful for the choices I can make everyday because of our military keeping our freedom alive
I'm thankful for all the mistakes I've made, so I can learn from them
I'm thankful for my family
I'm thankful for my friends
I'm thankful for the man who created coffee

And most of all, I'm thankful for being here and being able to experience everything life has to offer
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#5 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:24 PM

Bump!
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#6 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:19 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to you all there!

#7 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:58 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#8 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:32 AM

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#9 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:26 AM

A safe and healthy Happy Thanksgiving to everyone - those who celebrate it today and those who don't.

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#10 venusmoon32

venusmoon32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writting, Paranormal Events, Nature walks,etc....<br />Also I enjoy spending time at events with my kids .My major intrest lies with the old religion, witch doctors, and nature from here and beyound without the laws of the people.

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:28 AM

Happy Thanksgiving All..

I am thankful for waking up last night otherwise I would not be here.

I am thankful for my children, my Spirituality, a roof over my head, food in my kids mouth, a job to go to...
I am thankfull for friends and family even if true friends I can only count on one hand in a life time.

I am thankfull for the air I breath and the gifts bestole upon me.

I am tankfull for GV so I can have a place to talk to those who share some of my ways and understand.

Blessed Be!
If Angels had Wings and Devils had Horns then We must of been born with the Thorns.. Tweezers anyone??,Someone?!..

#11 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:51 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful that I still have my parents and we have a wonderful relationship.

I am thankful that I have a wonderful, healthy daughter.

I am thankful when she is not PMSing!

I am thankful that I had my best friend Karen in my life for 21 years before she passed.

I am thankful for all the things in life that make my life comfortable.

I am thankful for all the family and friends that I have.
I am more than my physical body.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users