7 replies to this topic

#1 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:41 AM

Ok this isn't a religious or spiritual question also doesn't deal with ghosts just seeking advice on a personal matter, so I'm not sure where to post this.

I was married once and it didn't end well I ended up extremely hurt to the point my heart physically hurt from being broken. And I did nothing besides work come home cry myself to sleep and beg to die.

I have been with my current gf for overall 2 years and she wants to get married, but I'm very apprehensive about getting married again because of the past experience.

I want to marry her but at the same time I'm scared cause of the past how do I overcome these "inner demons" how do I kill these feelings of apprehension?

I'm just looking for advice from my friends on here.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:52 AM

Why "exactly" are you apprehensive? Do you know the real cause?

Moving this to the Real Life Board.
Posted Image

#3 firmbeliever

firmbeliever

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:54 PM

Ok this isn't a religious or spiritual question also doesn't deal with ghosts just seeking advice on a personal matter, so I'm not sure where to post this.

I was married once and it didn't end well I ended up extremely hurt to the point my heart physically hurt from being broken. And I did nothing besides work come home cry myself to sleep and beg to die.

I have been with my current gf for overall 2 years and she wants to get married, but I'm very apprehensive about getting married again because of the past experience.

I want to marry her but at the same time I'm scared cause of the past how do I overcome these "inner demons" how do I kill these feelings of apprehension?

I'm just looking for advice from my friends on here.

#4 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:05 PM

I think I'm apprehensive because of how the first marriage turned out. Was married 14 months then she left and started shacking up with a guy 3 times her age just because he supposedly had a lot of money. She also left me with over $2000 dollars in household bills that were over due because she didn't pay them like she was suppose to.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#5 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:04 PM

Don't base your current relationship on what you HAD with someone else. Your decision should be based on how you feel with the person you are with and how that relationship is. Forget the past as it interferes with the present. How about trying a Karma release?
I am more than my physical body.

#6 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:29 PM

I sooo agree with Seer. The odds of you having 2 bad relationships in a row is probably pretty low. You should give this one a chance Kevin, and I hope it works out for you :hug:

#7 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:56 PM

Have you spoken with your girlfriend and told her why you are afraid to commit? This is the type of thing that warrents plenty of discussion. Everyone is afraid of commitment with another person, especially people who have been hurt before. Everyone has had a broken heart, at least, those who have taken a chance on love. If you really feel this torn, I suggest counseling. If your finances make it difficult, then speak to your minister/priest and see what help is available through those channels. Good luck!
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#8 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:57 PM

Thanks for the help guys. Redhead did u see I posted another weird dream?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users