Dream interpretation help?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Frenzyfest

Frenzyfest

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, History, Exercising, Films, Discussion.

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:21 AM

Hello everyone! I haven't been on for awhile (so many papers...) but I had this crazy dream and was wondering if anyone could help me sort it out or give me a reliable source to use? Also, I had no idea what section to put this in so I put it in General...

I've tried to take from it what I will, but it seems like I'm missing something out of it. This is the part of the dream I'm having a hard time figuring out...

In the dream I was told that what has been happening with my body (in real life) is me dying and that it's all being caused by something that happened to me before. Apparently (in the dream) I had a near death experience with hypothermia that made my organs start to shut down but they saved me, or something. I was not aware of this until I told my mother I was dying and she said "Not again!" She then explained that I had been hospitalized for weeks in my early teens.

Now, a bit of background. For the past three months I've been dealing with some chronic pelvic pain. The pain has been so bad I've gone to the emergency room, and at times I simply can't move without pain. I'm pretty young and I'm fairly certain at this point they've ruled out cancers, but I still haven't gotten a diagnosis. I attributed the fact that I was dying from it in the dream to stress.

But the part of it I don't understand is why my mother, father and brother wouldn't tell me about it. We're a very close family and share a lot (especially me and my mom). Can anyone give me an interpretation of this? It would be greatly appreciated, and thank you for reading all of this! :-)
~*~ I believe in angels. They've literally saved my life. I call them friends ~*~

#2 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:54 AM

My impression is that whatever is going on now could have triggered a past life memory.

If it is something medical in this life, if female, endometriosis (sp?) can cause severe pelvic pain or even ovarian cysts which can rupture. Have they looked with a laprascope or a sonogram?
I am more than my physical body.

#3 Frenzyfest

Frenzyfest

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:31 PM

They're actually looking into endometriosis next as a possible reason for the pain. I've had ultrasounds and CT scans, but nothing's been coming up. I've got a feeling the next step will be laparoscopy. I saw a NP yesterday for a preliminary "new patient" appointment and she seemed to dismiss the idea that it was endometriosis, while my boyfriend's mother (who is a RN and has a close friend with it) has been suggesting it from the start.

And as far as a past life experience, I never thought of that! Thanks :-)
~*~ I believe in angels. They've literally saved my life. I call them friends ~*~

#4 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:23 PM

I think Seer may have something on the past life idea. I will add just a little experience of my own with the 'female' problem thing. Have they ruled out cystic ovaries - as Seer mentioned the cysts themselves can rupture causing extreme pain. My own experience is that I have had cystic ovaries all my life (runs in my family as far as I can tell) and in my mid twenties one of them was so enlarged it ruptured. My experience was one of extreme gas pain (no it wasn't gas, but that is what kept me from going in right away, 'cause I didn't want to be embarrassed out of the ER) which eventually caused difficulty breathing - or more accurately, each time I took a breath or tried to lay down, it felt like a knife was being plunged into my chest. Apparently, that pain was due to the loss of blood caused by the rupture of the cyst. Bear in mind that I had embarrassed myself into waiting until I had lost over 3 pints of blood, and it doesn't take a lot of blood dripping into the pelvic cavity to cause you pain. Just thought I would pass any info along that might help with the diagnosis - I know how frustrating it can be. Good luck and I would love to hear if there is anything on the past life front that you find out. My mother and I were very close and used to speak about that a lot - it's always nice to hear someone continuing their close relationship with mom into adulthood.
I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

#5 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:56 PM

Moving this to Real Life as there isn't anything paranormal about the dream or the discussion.

I honestly think that your dream is actually a buried memory of your previous illness. Our minds do this sort of thing to protect us from mental trauma. With you being in pain, your sub-conscious memories began to resurface, but in the form of dreams. Your parents probably wanted to protect you from further upset, especially since you seemed to them to forget about it. They probably felt that there was no point in bringing up what had to have been a very frightening time for them as well. Just their way of protecting you from the memory. You might want to sit down with your parents and talk about it. Tell them you would like to know what happened to you, when and where it happened, and how you were saved. Ask why they never brought it up. Like I said, they probably wanted to spare you, as well as spare themselves reliving it. Parents always want to protect their children.

Moving this to Real Life as the discussion has become medical in nature.

I honestly think that your dream is actually a buried memory of your previous illness. Our minds do this sort of thing to protect us from mental trauma. With you being in pain, your sub-conscious memories began to resurface, but in the form of dreams. Your parents probably wanted to protect you from further upset, especially since you seemed to them to forget about it. They probably felt that there was no point in bringing up what had to have been a very frightening time for them as well. Just their way of protecting you from the memory. You might want to sit down with your parents and talk about it. Tell them you would like to know what happened to you, when and where it happened, and how you were saved. Ask why they never brought it up. Like I said, they probably wanted to spare you, as well as spare themselves reliving it. Parents always want to protect their children.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#6 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:19 PM

I am agreeing with Redhead here. Looks like buried memories of your past trauma during your teens are resurfacing. It is time to explore what happened to you at that time.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#7 Frenzyfest

Frenzyfest

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:14 PM

Thanks everyone for the interpretations!

I have a very hard time believing that my mother and father would keep something that important from me, especially considering none of my middle or high school friends ever said anything about it (they can't keep secrets to save their lives). My parents are very open with my brother about all of his near death experiences. He unbelievably has had many. The only time I've been in the hospital, that I know of, was when I was 2 and 16. I cracked my head open and passed out from dehydration, respectively. No near death experience in either of them.

But I will ask my mother when I give her a call tomorrow. Here's to hoping I'm not in for a bombshell!

#8 Frenzyfest

Frenzyfest

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 07:52 AM

Alright, so I spoke with my mom on the phone. I told her the part of the dream that was giving me trouble and I asked if anything like that had ever happened to me. She went through a list of medical issues I had when I was younger. None of them were life threatening and none of them required medical assistance. She did mention that most of the medical problems I've had my brother has also encountered, but that's a different story...

So I'm beginning to wonder if it may be a past life experience, since it hasn't actually happened in this life.

#9 Adley

Adley

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:47 AM

Really nice information shared ........ Its so useful for me in future.
I have a craze to collect information about different topics of life !
have a Good Day !

#10 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:20 PM

I have seen quite a few of my past lives. Are you ready to go into it?

#11 Frenzyfest

Frenzyfest

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:16 AM

I'd be up for seeing my past lives :-) I know some of it is probably not easy, but I think it'd be interesting!

#12 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:28 PM

There are past life regressionists out there but finding one that doesn't cost much is the challenge. I have had much success through meditation. You set your intent before meditating and go from there. There are some good past life regression guided meditation cd's that may also help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users