44 replies to this topic

#16 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 03:31 PM

By the time I woke up at 7 on Satuarday the snow was already melted by the rain so I finished my shopping.  Glad you had such a great trip and trip home.
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#17 wayne2241

wayne2241

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X radio network, Mondays at 10pm eastern time, 7pm pacific. Go to http:www.para-x.com

Posted 16 December 2002 - 06:57 PM

The snow where I live in WV has come and gone and all I'm left with is mud. So if anyone with powers hears this no snow at my place.

MRIP

Posted Image

Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X network on Mondays at 9pm eastern time, 7pm pacific time. http:www.para-x.com

#18 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 24 November 2003 - 03:18 AM

;D so howz it going this time around?

hey! no snows in the tropic! ;)
Posted Image

#19 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 24 November 2003 - 03:52 AM

Well Moon,

We got hit yesterday here in Northern Minnesota with about a foot of snow.  The schools are all closed today and the kids will be having a ton of fun! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#20 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 04:01 AM

Well Moon,

We got hit yesterday here in Northern Minnesota with about a foot of snow.

oohh!!! that is cool. But I guess it is also a matter of "the grass on the other side of the fence is greener". We have stable climate here, so that means less of health troubles of seasonal changes, but we are always excited of the possibility of HARSH WINTER! ;) hmmmmmm... that is the way Humans work!
Posted Image

#21 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 05:33 AM

No snow yet here in central Maryland in the mountains, thank goodness! Last year we had snow covering the ground from beginning of November to end of March! We had soooo much snow it got tiresome.

Usually i LOVE when it snows, but when you have to shovel out of 4 foot high snow piles, ergh.

I have 14 relatives driving in from out of town, so hopefully it won't be snowing! Last year at Christmas it snowed so much, my 80 year old parents had to walk up my steep street from the bottom of the hill because they could't get their car up. It was not good!
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#22 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 24 November 2003 - 07:10 AM

It snowed here this morning.  I was on my way to class and boy was it coming down.  We didn't get hit like they did in Minnesota, but I am not ready for snow yet!!  It was in the 60's yesterday.  They say that if you blink your eyes that you will miss a whole season in Michigan.  The wacky weather this morning just proved that statement.
Peace, love and happiness always!

#23 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 07:35 AM

From what I understand, KRC is sending that snow our way. It was 69 here yesterday and we had a beautiful weekend.  Now it is raining, temps are dropping, and snow is coming.  Although they don't think we'll have anything stick to the ground, but still.

Reading back to the original post, hard to believe I was getting ready to go to Florida a year ago....what a bummer.

#24 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 07:39 AM

From what I understand, KRC is sending that snow our way.

Brian, guess you are in trouble now! How about going scuba for a few days? lol
Posted Image

#25 Brandon

Brandon

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 09:55 AM

I wish it would snow here i love snow.  Last year at this time we had snow but not this year yet.

#26 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 24 November 2003 - 03:37 PM

The news said that it was almost 70 here yesterday!!  Its freezing outside.  When I got out of class, I tried to open the rear driver side door and it was frozen a little.  I just hope that we don't get all the snow that they are saying this winter.
Peace, love and happiness always!

#27 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 04:14 PM

UGH, Brian you are in soooooo much trouble, we got some snow and ice...got in my truck and the handle was frozen and it was beautiful until about 9 am today
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#28 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 05:52 AM

Masq,

We had a dusting of snow on the ground at home last night in the North Hills.  Nothing in Monroeville.

I fear there is more to come!

#29 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 07:15 AM

We better get some snow, or I'm selling my snowmobiles.

The northern part of the state has just had it terrible the past few years.  They rely heavily on the snowmobiling crowd this time fo year for their income/economy.  It used to be they would make more money in Winter with all of the snowmobilers that in Summer from the vacationers.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#30 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 08:21 AM

We've had snow in the local mountains, but the wildest thing happened last week We had hail that stuck on the ground in Watts. For those of you unfamiliar with LA, Watts is in South Central Los Angeles, yup, where the riots were. It wouldn't have been all that wild except for the ammount. One and a half feet of hail on the ground. No snow plows of course. They had to use skip loaders to clear the streets. I offered to come down and smile at the hail and melt it with my radience, but after they were done laughing they declined my offer. Oh well. Can't blame a guy for trying to help  ;D
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users