• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 08:01 AM

Here in Pittsburgh, we have about 5-6 inches of snow on the ground.  It has been falling since 3 AM and the morning rush hour commute was horrible.  It took me an hour to get to work, slipping and sliding all over the road (it normally takes me 25-30 minutes).

And all I can say is.........

[move]LET IT SNOW!!!!!!!!!![/move]

Because tomorrow I will be on a plane for Florida where I will spend the next week!  Whoo Hoo, bring on the snow men and snow balls, because in 48 hours I will be in 70 degree weather!

#2 TIFFANYJEAN

TIFFANYJEAN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 11:20 AM

LOL..Yes MissSpooky..we have it made in the shade down here in the south ;D..I hafta say, that I don't miss the white stuff at ALL!!!Where are you goin' in Fl?
Tiffany:O)

#3 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 11:58 AM

Hey Tiff,

I forgot you were already in Florida! Lucky you!!!!!!

We are headed to Orlando for a 2nd honeymoon to Universal Studios and DisneyWorld.

Let's just hope I don't bring this weather with me!

#4 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 03:34 PM

Hey don't rub it in over there, I'm left in this mess and you can only go tomorrow if it doesn't freeze overnight and keep the planes landed   ;)  Took me almost 40 minutes to get to work, and I only travel 6 miles, with my husband driving our blazer, he almost didn't come pick me up tonight.
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#5 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 06:57 PM

We got some of that white stuff here in the bluegrass st. too ;) but Iwas feeling a little under the weather anyway and the snow kind of got me into the Christmas mood...sooo I got the decotations out and man do I have a mess..teehee...but some ppl no names mention will be basking in the warm Fla sun :) ;D.

Have a wonderful time Spooky 8)
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#6 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 10:02 PM

at this time the Hawiian Island of Oahu, is snowless as far as i am aware,,,,but the waves sure are big right now
Come Check out Jason Gowin online at - http://www.jasongowin.com

#7 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 07 December 2002 - 08:15 PM

it took an hour to get to work in only 5-6 inches of snow?

Does it snow alot in pittsburg?

Oh well We Canadians are used to the cold and snowy weather (During the winter)

We have the snow cleared away in no time...  ;D
mind you there were 200 accidents on the first snow fall..People dont understand that you are not supposed to drive the same way in winter as you do in summer.

its completely diffrent.. thats how accidents happan.

#8 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 08 December 2002 - 05:37 AM

Bring it on  ;D

The colder the better in my business. Cold = big bonuses lol.

Keep the snow lol  ;D
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#9 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 06:31 AM

We got 9 inches her ethis past week in my part of Ct.More then then enitire winter season last yr..lol.Its cold as heck though.But I love it!

I love the cold then snow and everything that goes with it.The cold air in the lungs is very refreshing.Its perfect sledding snow so we wizzzzzzzzz dow the hills ;D and the day after the storm was perfect snowball snow.How cool is that!

So we have 4 good size snowmen on out yard.The dogs bark at em but thats ok..lol.
~*Lifes Blessings*~ ~*Cindy*~

#10 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 01:37 PM

BK, we haven't had 4" of snow at anyone time in awhile and none of the plows or salt trucks were out, apparently it took everyone by surprise.  Plus, it is VERY hilly in the Pittsburgh area so trying to get up one and back down the other side without wrecking is a mess... see we try to avoid those 200 accidents with the first snow he he...  It took 2 or 3 days to get the secondary roads all clear but I think that was more of a budget problem
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#11 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 05:05 PM

yeah We have the snow cleared out really fast but we just have a lot of drivers who dont pay attention.

#12 Catlara

Catlara

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts
  • Interests:Lots!~lol

Posted 11 December 2002 - 06:15 PM

Lots of snow and ice.... Florida sounds good! ;)

• Guests

Posted 13 December 2002 - 06:09 PM

Hey all!

Just wanted to drop in and say Hi!  We have 2 days of vacation left and I hear that PGH is supposed to get 5-6 inches of snow the day before we return.  How depressing!

We have been having a blast at Universal and Disney.  The weather has been warm, but wet.  But that beats snow any day!  Right now, it is about 67 degrees outside and it is beautiful.  I so don't want to come back to the snow.

Hey Masq, I heard that we had a wicked ice storm there on Tuesday, hope you made it through it okay.

Well, we return to the normal world on sunday, so I'll see you all then!

#14 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 07:01 PM

Mrs,

I called off, *wg*.  Right now all we have is rain,  so maybe we'll miss it, but please remember to call about your flight before heading to the airport.  Have a good trip home!!

Masquarade

#15 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 02:46 PM

Hey Masq!

Flight home was just fine, we actually arrived 20 minutes a head of schedule, but waited 45 minutes for the luggage.

Was disappointed, thought there would be more snow on the ground, but there was only a dusting.  It sure is COLD though!  I really miss the 70 degree weather.

Hope you made it through Saturday's storm okay, maybe we'll have a white christmas!

D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users