Introductions............

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
371 replies to this topic

#61 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 09 March 2003 - 07:55 AM

Okay, I'll take a whack at this intro thing it's very cool getting to know other people. My real name is Coby I grew up in NJ and moved to Colchester CT about... maybe 8 or 9 years ago I am married and have a wonderful little boy named Caleb who is 17 months old, and is taking a nap right now as I type this. I am 37 years old; although many people think I am much younger. The house that I grew up in NJ which I think I am going down to visit next weekend is haunted, yes I grew up in a haunted house, it is an old 1860's farmhouse. We learned to live with the spirit there as it never did anything violent, just a shadow crossing the room, knocking on doors, opening doors, banging on walls, walking up and down the hallway in the middle of the night. It warped me somewhat as a child I have a huge fondness for horror, books, movies (I love B-Movies) and the paranormal. My house is filled with fantasy and horror stuff. I also run a live action role playing game in CT called Fantasy Quest www.livetheadventure.org and I joined ESPI last year www.entityseekers.org they are a great bunch of people and the founder started up the group because she could not find a group to join, which is what also happened to me. I think I am very fortunate to live where I do because there are a ton of haunted places around me. I am very serious about investigating and have a good amount of equipment now. I have also gotten several very interesting photos and video, and EVP. I am currently studying to get my paranormal certification through Flamel College, I need to do my big investigation which we have permission from the owner, but it is outside, and every single time we planned to go it rained. We are now hoping for the spring to do it which reminds me I have to contact the owner again and set up a date. What else? Man I have a ton of hobbies besides I love landscaping, Magic the Gathering, cooking, having big parties. That's about all for now I gotta grab some lunch before the little guy wakes up.
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#62 bigdog007

bigdog007

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 03:21 PM

Hi everybody
My name is Jim. I am 23 years old and I grew up in Lebanon CT I currently reside right down the street in Willimantic.
 I have been interested in the supernatural for as long as I can remeber, not only the ghosties and goblins but the history and myths that suround them.
    Ive got to say out of all the web sites and chat areas Ive seen this one is so much like a big family and so friendly its impressive.
THE DRUNKEN CZARS WILL RULE AGAIN

#63 kazoo

kazoo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 07:36 AM

Hi everyone ;)
 My name is David.Im only 12.Rockhauler and SpiritsofMD are my parents.Im happy that i was able to become a member of ghost village.  :D

#64 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 12:11 PM

;D Hiya! My name's Drew, I just turned 39, not married,
no kids but I want them-just not sure if I'm quite ready to settle down just yet ;) and I live in San Diego, Cal

I'm a Supervisor for a group home for adults with developmental disabilities ('twixt ages 18-60), I like what I do, but want to do more with it.

I'm REALLY new to Ghost Chasing, but have been interested in it since I was 8, have yet to get a pic or EVP, but I'm tenacious, if nothing else, I've learned a lot from GV, so thanks, Guys :) I'm in process of getting permission to do an investigation of Questhaven-a place
that may or may not have housed a sanitarium-but is currently a religious retreat. There's definitely a presense there, though.

Hobbies? Movies, cooking, reading, collecting weapons, sword play
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#65 haunted_gurl24

haunted_gurl24

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 01:34 PM

Hey everyone! I'm Kaytee and i just turned 16 on 2/20
and i live in oklahoma and i'm in the 10th grade!It's fun but boring at times!

Ilike to spend my free time singing reading listening to the radio on the internet talking to my b/f and lots of other stuff that i'm sure i don't have room to put!

i'm really looking forward to getting to know ya'll and chatting w/you!i live with my dad and step-mom and brother darrell and sister sarah. My 3 dogs Rocky, Bearin, and Belle. and our cat who doesn't really have a name we just call her....cat.

i'm really interested in the paranormal but don't really know alot about it! i'm hoping ya'll can teach me some stuff!!i don't watch MTV like most teanagers! i'm usaully scaring the crap out of my friends siblings and their parents as weel as mine!(just kidding!)i'm a very strange person, according to what people tell me but i think they are right!

i have lived in a haunted house and it was really creepy. i lived with my grandparents for the first 14 years of my life! it was fun!
well thats a little about me and i have enjoyed reading about ya'll too!! i plan to stick around for a while!!
   Kaytee

#66 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 14 April 2003 - 06:14 PM

Very good idea for a thread, i'm Willow, real name Rebecca, i'm 27, though i'm british born i've lived in cleveland ohio since i was 5, i'm a fitness/personal trainer by day and writer on the paranormal at night.
I love meeting people, especially ones who share a common bond like ghosts, other than that i'm pretty boring actually, so won't bother to bore ya any further,lol
Very nice to meet all of you on this forum......
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#67 Star13

Star13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 April 2003 - 03:52 PM

*DOH!*

Guess I should have had a better look around before I posted my introduction on here elsewhere ;)

My real name is Michelle,I'm 28,from Ontario,Canada.Nice to meet you all! :)

#68 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 23 April 2003 - 10:50 PM

Hola!

I am Sreedhar Aravind, from India. I live down south in the wonderful port city called Cochin, the Queen of the Arabian Sea! I am 30, born 0037HRS on 15th December, 1972, a Friday Night!

Wherever you come across the handle "redenex" - thatz me! Here, have this alter ego - Moon Child ;)

I am single, no girl friends. Had one, but have a painful climax LoL!

I have  a background in the software industry. Was working in the beautiful city called Bangalore. Moved back to Cochin since last August (2002) since my dad passed away. Here, my mom, little sis and granma stays and I am with them now.

I am also in the process of setting up my own company with a friend. Believes in DREAMS and it's power. (Otherwise I wouldn't have signed up here)

I am a music lover, mostly into Rock and Metal. Loves that sweet sound of Guitar! Likes books, but a BIG no to novels and romance.

Born a Hindhu, but have my own definitions and reasons to follow my OWN faith! Likes travel, loves Nature and CATS CATS and CATS! Meow ;) Have an affinity for number 6 and obviously 666! doesn't believe in the Devil or Satan, because for me the negatives are all in our mind and attitude.

Born a Rebel, lives a Rebel!

Right now going thru a hard phase of my life, but knows I can make a diference to my life! POSITIVE THINKER, OPTIMIST!

God Bless you all :) Kep Smiling!
Posted Image

#69 Star13

Star13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 08:21 PM

I'm really enjoying this site,so I thought I'd post a little more details about moi~

My real name is Michelle,from Ontario Canada.A Taurus,with the personality to match it. ;)
I'm 28,marrying my sweetie next year and am the very proud Mother of two girls and a boy aged 7,9 and 12.

I went to college and became a home support worker for seniors.I loved the job but the pay and hours were terrible. I've been working as a dancer for two years~ironically,the pay's great,good hours but I hate the job.Time for a new one...

I love music,my favourites being Led Zeppelin,Pink Floyd,Black Sabbath,KISS,etc.etc.
I read anything that I can get my mitts on,recently it's Stephen King novels.
I'm also deeply interested in history and the paranormal (of course!) especially when they're hand in hand.

I have two tattoos (one nice,one yucky), a tongue and navel piercings.I'll remove them some day when I grow up! :)

Anyway,me in a nutshell...

#70 babyarm26

babyarm26

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 03:00 PM

Seeing how I'm coming back to this site more and more, I'll go ahead and throw down a little bit about myself.  I figured if I was brave enough to post a pic in the other forum, I should be able to do a little something here.

26 years old, born in Ft. Worth, TX and haven't left, yet.  My name comes from a Louis Lamar western novel titled Borden Chantry.  Dad thought Chantry was cool so he gave it me.  Thankfully he left the Borden part out.  The character is a full blown cowboy person and I am no where near being cowboy.  I don't own boots, hat, or a pair of wranglers.  I can ride a horse, just not well.  Anywho...If you've checked out my site (www.geocities.com/babyarm25@sbcglobal.net) you can probably tell I'm kinda weird.  Not in a bad way...I just think being average or normal is boring so I try not to be average or normal...or something like that.  

I've been interested in the paranormal since I was probably 12 or there about.  I started my picture taking obsession with 'haunted' sites about 10 years ago.  Anywho...thats about it.  

babyarm to ya.

• Guests

Posted 01 May 2003 - 03:39 PM

Hi everyone! I'm Annie (well actually Ruth Ann- but call me that and we'll be investigating your burial plot*LOL* :)) Anyways, I'm 22 and I'm a momma to 2 beautiful girls ages 2 years an 3 months. I have always been interested in the paranormal, well ever since I can remember. I'm due to get married either this month or in July, I can't set a date. I'll start posting my pics as soon as I'm able too. Talk to you all soon and be careful everyone. :-*

#72 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 02 May 2003 - 05:34 AM

OK...my turn.  My name is Brian and I am finding all of you to be great!  I am very much enjoying the time I spend here at GV.  I am 38 (old fart) at least I feel that way.  I think that music stopped for me in about 1982 so if it's before that I like it.  I have a warped sense of humor (ok twisted) which comes from working in the Minnesota Correctional system (I'm from MN) for 10 years.  I am retired from that system (medically).  I messed up my back.  

I am engaged to a 31 year old woman who is able to keep up with the times and we do clash some times.  Between us we have 3 boys ages 4,7,10 and boy are we busy (mostly pulling our hair out).  We both share and interest in the paranormal which is a lot of fun.

I am trying to find something to do with myself while awaiting surgery (2nd) on my lower spine.  I love to scuba dive and am looking at starting a dive charter business on Lake Superior in Duluth, MN.  I live in a small town named Chisholm about an hour north of Duluth on Minnesota's Iron Range.

I am not religious at all and that's all I will say as I do not want to upset anyone.

krcguns comes from a side business in gunsmithing and I have used it for so many years if I changed it I would probably not recognize myself and never answer to it so I keep it.  Well...enough ramblings for now, I will see all of you around! :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#73 dm2613

dm2613

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 08:40 PM

i have been on GV for a little bit now but nobody knows anything about me, well im 5'11 225 brown hair, blue eyes 25 years old.

Im currently dieting for my second bodybuilding competition in june.  Im from West Palm Beach , Florida born and raised. Im currenlty in my last semester at the university of florida.  My major is Health and Human Performance.  College is rough with the studies as well as trying to put my self through college but it s just making me a stronger man out of it.   I love sports play football and basketball.  Go Gators and Dolphins!!  

Im going to be a Manager of a Fitness center as well as go to Fire College to become a Firefighter this summer.  That is my direction as of now.  

#74 nonnie

nonnie

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 10:55 AM

Hello fellow villagers!

My honey krcguns informed me that I should post a little about me here, so I am. I am 31 years of age and don't really know what else to say  ::). Brian and I have become interested in the paranormal. I've always been curious but my interest became peeked again when I moved into my new house. My best friend Shanon has always, let say, sensed things. The weekend that I moved in she stated that we have a little girl living here. A few weeks later the name Amanda came to me while I was thinking about her. She used to mess with us a little when we first moved in but we haven't heard much from her lately.

#75 Tatum23

Tatum23

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 10:39 PM

Ok, now I'm a newbie.  

My name is Jess.  I'm from Orange County NY, but I'm going to college in North Adams MA.  I'm 19, I have a small degree of psychic abitlity, I'm neo-pagan.  I have a group of friends that I hang out with here and our energy is just off the freakin charts.

I love to read.  My favorite authors are Christoher Moore, Stephen King, KK Beck, and many more.  I'm a movie geek (don't even get me started). I'm a research monkey, I can find anything, just give me time.  

I'm an amature ghost hunter with my friends.  I have some weird pictures that I have taken around NA that we think has a presence in them.  

I'm also tired.  As I post more you'll all get to know me more so I'm going to bed.  

Rock on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users