• This topic is locked This topic is locked
371 replies to this topic

#1 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,361 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 05 December 2003 - 08:52 AM

A place to introduce yourself. ;)
Posted Image

#2 ghosthuntress16

ghosthuntress16

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 07:48 PM

Then hmmm... let me introduce myself...
My name is Nicole. I'm a 16 year old from a bitty town in Massachusetts. My parents are divorced, i have 2 younger sisters, and older stepsister, an older stepbrother, a stepmum, and my mom's live-in bf to deal with. Sometimes I get along with them, others I dont.
School is really tough, but I challenge myself by taking all the AP and Honors classes I can handle. I take 2 foreign languages - Latin 3 and honors Spanish 4, as well as Pre-Calculus, Honors Chemistry, Honors American Literature, and A.P. US History. The highlight of my school day is walking into Latin and spending time talking to my prom date, whom I happen to be absolutely head over heels for... (shh he doesnt know)
In addition to all this, I work at McDonalds, probably one of the worst jobs available. I work only to see a decent paycheck at the end of the week so I can get a car, because the only way I'm getting one is through earning it myself. I crashed into a tree on my 16th birthday, 20 minutes after getting my permit. I havent really driven since, mostly because no one wants to teach me.
When I get older I want to be a psychiatrist and maybe go to school in England. I want to get married and have 4 children... I guess I want to live the American dream, even though Im sure it's not all its cracked up to be... not many things ever are.
Believe as if your life depended on it, for indeed it does.

#3 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 30 December 2003 - 01:26 AM

I'm the Aloha Spirit, or at least that's the handle I use in supernatural circles.

In the 1830s, my family met up with Joseph Smith and joined Mormonism.  This is the base religion for all my cousins from that time forward.

In my early childhood, my family relocated to a small village on the North Shore of O'ahu.  In Hawai'i I was introduced to other belief systems.  The ones that made the biggest impacts were Buddhism and the ancient native religion.

I've always had a yearning for the supernatural.  I studied every book about cryptozoology, ghosts, and aliens in the conservative library.  I had my first encounter when I was about 5 or 6.  I've seen footsteps left by the Night Marchers.  My camera captured the face of Pele (the fire goddess).

As I've grown, I've added precautions to avoid some of the mishaps ofthe past.  Every bedroom in my home has at least one ti-leaf plant.  My living room has a potted money tree in one corner and a display of powerful lava rocks in another.  I place Ku and Lono on either side of a painting of the Christ.  My kitchen always has sea salt and olive oil for use in an emergency.

I don't really worship Ku, Lono, Pele, or the other ancient gods.  I just notice that native obake respect their likenesses.I'm just an open-minded Christian.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#4 Rudolf168

Rudolf168

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 December 2003 - 10:17 PM

Hi All!  I guess I should introduce myself here as well.  I've been a lurker and I like to lurk and do research all the time. I am very interested in the paranormal and have been all of my life.  I live in Salt Lake City, Utah and I am 22 years old.  I've got a few hobbies such as my collection of Marilyn Monroe memoribilia and my Johnny Depp movie collection ;) I am also very interested in my car and it is my baby ;)

Anyways - I wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for runnning such a terrific site! I love reading about everyone's experiences and beliefs.  At this moment I am reading True Ghost Stories by Hans Holzer. I really enjoy reading his work.

Thanks all!

#5 ghosthuntress16

ghosthuntress16

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 05:17 AM

Moon- ty ;D BTW the boy knows now... we have to have a "talk"  [smiley=cwm25.gif] but I saw him again last night and nothing was weird or off-base he was a sweetheart as usual, so yay! No matter what, we'll still be friends  ;)
Aloha - Welcome to GV! Its so good to be open-minded, no matter what creed you follow. I can relate to your "yearning for the supernatural", I think there's maybe 1 shelf of books in the library in town on the supernatural, and Ive read them all. I'm going to speak for all of us when I say - PUT THE PIC OF PELE UP ON THE BOARDS!! I, for one, would be very interested to see it, as long as it is not in violation of the ancient fire goddess.  
Rudolf-Marilyn Monroe... one of my favorite figures from the past. What kind of car do you have? I am getting a '95 Chevy Corsica (1st car, yay!!)Pirates of the Carribean was awesome!!!! I am so in love with that movie.
You all seem like an interesting bunch. More, more!  8)
Believe as if your life depended on it, for indeed it does.

#6 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 01:30 PM

Aloha Spirit, welcome! Its always cool to know something more about the people you post with ;D

I'm hoping you will post the image of Lady Pele, if I can ask, where were you when you got the capture and what were you doing? Did you actually see her or did you just sense that someone was in the area with you?

Were you actually in the area they passed through at the time*Hmmmmmm...according to what I've heard about the Night Marchers, you'd be a very brave man indeed if you were?

I know who Pele is, but I'm at a loss as to the other Divinity you mentioned, but I think its a cool way to remember and carry along the roots of your own culture as well as keeping it in mind [smiley=cwm9.gif]

Hullo, Rudolf_168 and welcome to GV...Maralyn's a fascinating woman and I'm hoping to go investigate a hotel in Santa Cruz she's been known to frequent and Johnny Depp just ROCKS as a performer.

Hope you come to enjoy this community as much as I do

Out of curiousity, why ti leaf plant and olive oil?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#7 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 02:24 PM

I'm hoping you will post the image of Lady Pele, if I can ask, where were you when you got the capture and what were you doing? Did you actually see her or did you just sense that someone was in the area with you?

Kilauea is part of Volcano National Park on the Big Island.  Lava has been continually flowing since 1985.  Madam Pele makes her home in the Hale Maumau crater.

My group were actually eco-tourists.  The last native rainforest is near Hilo.  The day was quite busy.  We hiked in the old forest, visited several sacred sites (I have a rock from a fertility temple. ;) - don't you take any though).  We had lunch up by Hale Maumau.  A native berry grows there.  According to legend, one should always offer a handful of berries before consuming any.  We gorged ourselves on the sweet fruit and made a point of NOT throwing any into the lava.  The sun was bright so the lava didn't look all that spectacular.  We combined to return at night.

We had to cross several (over a dozen) roadblocks warning of  sink holes and thin rock.  One false move and you would sacrifice yourself to Pele.  We found a good flat area for photos.  One person in our group (Michael Jackson) did handstands just 18 inches from the river of molten rock.  Sad to say I didn't get *that* on film.

None of us felt weird, though it was a bit chilly (about 70 F if I remember correctly).  But then we were in the mountains at night.  Likewise, I just saw lava through the view-finder.  Lucky shot, I gues.

Were you actually in the area they passed through at the time*Hmmmmmm...according to what I've heard about the Night Marchers, you'd be a very brave man indeed if you were?

It was a scout trip on Hukilau Beach.  We weren't even thinking about the Night Marchers when we made camp.  We wanted fresh water from Hukilau River for our baths (this was back before the river was poluted), while enjoying the surf at the beach.

The footprints were about 7 feet from the opening of my lean-to.

If you hear the drums of the Night Marchers, lay down and act asleep.  *NEVER* look them in the eye.  Don't take dogs with you - the ancients ate dog, and a thousand years of marching builds up an appetite.  Likewise pork will attract spirits and elementals.

I know who Pele is, but I'm at a loss as to the other Divinity you mentioned, but I think its a cool way to remember and carry along the roots of your own culture as well as keeping it in mind [smiley=cwm9.gif]

Here are some of the major deities:
Pele - the fire goddess
Lono - the god of peace and fertility
Ku - the god of war and revenge

There are also Mother Earth and Father Sky, but I forget their native names.

Out of curiousity, why ti leaf plant and olive oil?

Each variety of ti-leaf protects against a different caste of evil spirit / demon / elemental.  I never remember which plant has power over which visitor, so I keep a wide selection close at hand.  My father (an ecologist) cultivates over 50 types of ti-leaves, just to make sure some unseen entity doesn't slip into our yard.

Catholics use holy water - that is water blessed by a priest.  Mormon elders consecrate olive oil for similar use.       It is used in blessings and other rituals.

#8 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 02 January 2004 - 09:21 PM

The shot of Pele is fantastic and incredibly clear, if I can ask, what kind of camera did you use for the shot?

It was an Olympus Infinity Zoom.  Regular old 35mm film (400 speed, I think).  I don't know what model replaced it.

I scanned the photo using my new HP PSC 1210xi all-in-one (printer, copiar, scanner).

DANG, Man! Were you awake/hear the Marchers' drums. Okay, I know the basics, they safeguarded kings and high priests when they travelled, are they a residual haunting? I think its the dark of the Moon when they run their course.

The drums started shortly after we hit the sack.  The noise woke us up, but realizing what it was we remained in our sleeping bags.

In most regards, the Night Marchers seem to be residuals.  They can, however, interact with the living.  Local folklore says they will chase any intruders.

#9 sallogs

sallogs

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 12:44 AM

Guess i should introduce myself properly as well.  I'm Sally and i live in London in the UK.  Ummmmmmm.....i'm 27 years old and i have a 3yr old son/part-time monster.  I have always been interested in the paranormal and unexplained stuff.  My mum reads Tarot and is into native american philosophy and the paranormal also.  In fact one of her friends is a white witch and another is a spiritual healer!  Guess i got the bug from her lol!!  I don't work as i'm agoraphobic,  have been for the last 9 years or so which is a bit of a bummer but hey, we all have our problems.  Anyways that's me so......hello again everyone ;)

#10 AllyLoveLove

AllyLoveLove

Worm crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 07:50 PM

Hello, GV!

My name is Kyra. I am 33, married, and a Mommy to four. 2 boys, and 2 girls. One of my girls is an angel baby. Stillborn July 1990.

I have always been drawn to ghost stories or anything that has to do with the subject. I don't know if I have had any real encounters myself, but I am truly fascinated by the stories of those who have. I am having a great time reading through all the posts and checking out the pics. This is a fantastic site, and I am so glad that I have found it as it is satisfying my urge to learn more about ghosts and to hear the stories and opinions of those who are drawn to the subject as well.

Glad to "meet" you all!  ;) Kyra

#11 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 20 February 2004 - 12:52 PM

I guess I should actually introduce myself then, as I haven't actually done so properly (very rude of me, I know).
As I have intimated before, I live in scotland, Aberdeenshire but have done so for only about two years now... I'm 18 and I'm currently taking advanced highers, which are the exams I take in my last year of high school for all those who don't live in scotland (which is most of you).  
My real name is Chloe, but I don't personally like the name so I prefere Mellilot or Mel online.  This is a name I half made up, half stole for a character in a very old story.  Which leads me onto my major timewaster... I write, fictional prose mostly, with the occasional poetry thrown in.  I love fantasy, and read a lot of childrens books, but I also like things like Anne Rice and Poppy Z Brite.  My writing induces a lot of research, which is, I suppose my primary interest with this message board as I've never had what I would call a legitimate encounter (merely products of an over active imagination).
I hope to study philosophy at uni next year at possibly either Warwick or York, depending on grades.  
I am currently unattached, and have been for way too long now.  I live with my parents in what feels like the middle of nowhere.  And that's me... :-/

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#12 Haunted_PA

Haunted_PA

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 01:05 PM

I don't have much to say but here goes.

I'm Brandy.  I'm 25 and I live in Schuylkill Haven, PA.
I'm going to start going ghost hunting this summer with my boyfriend of 3 years, Pat.  Mostly outdoor stuff.  I have a great love for cemeteries and nature [especially in the woods and mountains] so that's where I prefer to do my hunting.  

I currently work full time as a Certified Nurse Aide in a Nursing Home.  I'm one of those people that actually kind of like my job....well I like it 75% of the time anyway....and that's more than most people can say.  

:o  :o  :o

#13 Alia

Alia

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 02:07 PM

Hi All,
Alia here,I'm 26 and I live on the state borders of Tenn.Ga,and North Carolina.
I happened upon this site by a link from Ghost in My Suitcase.
I am glad I foud this site,wow at all the great topics!
I myself am in the middle of investigating the legends oddities of my home and the surrounding area.
There are alot of things that the old timers in this neck of the woods don't like to talk about,like for instance,the old mines and the copper company.
The copper company has since closed,but before closing,had changed hands several times.
There are a number of legends and ghosts stories surrounding the old mines and what happened to some of the workers.
I've been making visits to the library,researching on the net and talking to a few people who aren't afraid about this place and its weird history.
I hope to get to know some of you and hopefully catch a good chat sometime.  ;D
Bye for Now
Steadily searching,yet never aquiring...that which sets us apart.

#14 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 11:12 AM

hey everybody!  you can call me owlie or just OWL. :)

i'm 29 years old, i live in berekely, california.  i'm a professional artist and graphic designer with three cats and a husband who is a scientist.

my love of the paranormal is life-long!  i had my first encounter with a ghost at the age of three and i grew up in a household that encouraged my journeys into communication with the dead.  my traditions come from my native american heritage and also my irish, scottish, and other european heritage.

welcome to all of you who are new - we're nutty here - but we're all very friendly.  :)  
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#15 Christine1964

Christine1964

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 01:53 PM

Hi all, Here it is My name Is Christine Iím 39 and Wife and a Mother of 5 Childern,3 girls and 2 boys. I live in Southern California I consider my self a very intuitive being and very compassionate. Iím a Addiction Counselor by day. I have always been real Fascinated by Ghosts and Paranormal.(Iím also a Scaredy Cat too) :o. It wasnít until my Father died in 2001 that I started to become very, very interested in Ghosts and life after death and started doing research and that is how i found this web sight. I love this Web sight. I canít stay away Iím addicted. Well that is all for now take care Love Christine1964
Christine1964

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users