• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 08:27 AM

This is the time of year that brings the fall festivals out. I find they are quite interesting in thier names. There are alot in Kentucky is time of year. We have the BlackGold festival: for Coal in Hazard. The Bittersweet; in MtVernon for the bittersweet vine. Beattyville the Woolyworm for the woolyworm that is supose to predict the type of winter we will have and the Chicken festival in London where Col.Sanders started KFC.

Do you have any in your neck of the woods and if so what are they?
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 27 October 2003 - 08:37 AM

Hi Secret,

I was just wondering where on Earth it came from that Colonel Sanders started KFC in London?  It was started in Kentucky and the Corporate headquarters are still there in Louisville. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 09:12 AM

Hey KRC, there is a town in kentucky named London! I think that is what secret was referring to :-*
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#4 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 02:47 PM

KRC, DUH  :;)
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#5 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 06:03 PM

WOW there are so many to name. Just in my area alone we have the Little Italy Festival, now called the Italian Festival, The oyster Festival, The Strawberry Festival, Crawfish Festival, Shrimp Festival, Fall Fest, Firemans Festival, Black Festival, Jambalaya Festival, Jazz Fest, Blues Fest and so on . The city of New Orleans if I remember correctly have 411 festivals a year and only 365 days to hold them. Now this is partying to the max, Yall come on down to South Louisiana and have a ball.

This is just the month of October LOL
http://www.crt.state...dar/OCT2003.htm

November
http://www.crt.state...dar/NOV2003.htm

December
http://www.crt.state...dar/DEC2003.htm

And this is the slowest quarter of the year.  ;D
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#6 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 28 October 2003 - 04:55 AM

Ok, sorry!  Even though born in Kentucky I never heard of it.  Sorry again. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 03:25 PM

krc, sorry about the delay but Col Sanders started it in London Ky and their festival has the worlds largest frying pan to fry chicken. London is about 65 mile south of Lexington Ky off I75. ;)
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users