Happy New Year

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:33 PM

It's already New Years. It seems like yesturday it became 2010.

What's your New Years Resolution?

In the past few years, what I said I was going to do, I've done. Now maybe it's not about making a physical change. I think I'm going to work on a spiritual change. I am always making time for everybody. No matter what, I drop what I'm doing to give my time to someone else. Maybe it's time for that someone to be a Higher Power. To get closer to him/her. To get to know a Higherpower better. All this time, I said I believed. Now maybe it's time to get to know.

So that's what I'm wanting to acheive this year.

What does everybody else feel they need to do to make that change?
Posted Image

#2 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:25 PM

I'd love for there to be a change, but it can't happen. So in place of that, I'm going to try for more patience and understanding. Less hatred for the particular ones that have crawled under my skin and dug a hole lol I'm definately going to try to better every aspect of myself and become stronger....I'll just try to find myself for starters :-)

I hope everyone here has a very safe & Happy New Year!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#3 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:41 PM

Happy New Year! I am getting back on the Wii Fit Plus. Fell off of it when I was packing and moving. Gotta get going again.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#4 campfire

campfire

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 08:15 PM

To get into shape this year.

#5 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:33 AM

Personally I'd like to lose 30-40 lbs and wiegh about 140-150 at 5'11" (I feel huge at 180 lbs as I've always been REALLY skinny). I think it's very possible especially since I can roll my own wheelchair (just need help up the ramps), and surgery is very possible in my future (replacing the icky cow in my brain and fusing my head and c spine in the position it's in in the cervical collar that fits). I'd drop weight in a snap... When I had my first surgery I dropped 20 lbs in less than a month just from moving around.

I'd like to work on getting on a healthier sleep schedule... I'm up all night and nap a great majority of the day.

I'd love to get more in touch with my spiritual side and practice more meditation.... I'm a very hot headed person which isn't good for my adreneline levels (which my baseline is already 4x normal- they thought I had a non cancerous tumor on my adrenals... pheochromocytoma)... I need to CALM down and not let the little things get to me.

I need to "suck the poison" out of my life... Make amends with people I've hurt and forgive those who've hurt me... I also need to communicate my needs more.

Get back into PT and water therapy... The WT made my achey joints feel so GOOD and water makes my viens constrict more so I'm less likely to passout and can get more done. And I need to recondition after I have my surgery (which I may have to fundraise for... will let you know if my local chiari guy wont do the surgery I need and then we will have to come up with money to get to DC).

Just love and have no sort of hate or discrimination against my fellow people.
Love life.

#6 AngelRose

AngelRose

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:09 PM

It sound's like everybody is being realistic this year. That's good.

I hope everybody has a safe and happy New Year! Blessings to you all! :D :hug: :hug2:
Posted Image

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:33 AM

Happy 2011 everyone!
Posted Image

#8 venusmoon32

venusmoon32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writting, Paranormal Events, Nature walks,etc....<br />Also I enjoy spending time at events with my kids .My major intrest lies with the old religion, witch doctors, and nature from here and beyound without the laws of the people.

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:50 AM

New Years Resolution...hummm....I'm going to have more spiritual experiences and try to work on finding more of the light within myself so I can bring out more of my abilities.
If Angels had Wings and Devils had Horns then We must of been born with the Thorns.. Tweezers anyone??,Someone?!..

#9 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:39 AM

We're a bit ahead of you folks (by about 12 hrs.) so it's already over a 1/2 hour past midnight here as I type this and we're into 2011

Happy New Year to all GV'ers!! :ghost: :)

Whatever

#10 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:12 PM

My resolution is to loose weight, lots of it too.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users