12 replies to this topic

#1 THE MISTER

THE MISTER

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:science,theology

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:34 PM

WE LIVE IN an age where the simple word (soul) is greatly misunderstood. The word comes from the word (nephesh) which is translated,living being,soooo,simply put,a soul is what a man is,not what he has. This is easily proven by picking up a lexicon at your nearest library,which gives the literal meaning of every word and its intent in the bible.Many of todays ghost hunters mistakenly confuse this issue and end up perpetuating a belief that a man has a ghost inherant. Ghosts in this sense do not exist,however the word ghost is more correctly interpeted as an apparition. Do apparitions therefore exist? Yes,but not it the conventional sense. They are not the spirits of the dear departed;since that is not biblically supported,however,they are demonic,posing as souls/ghosts/ spirits/to have one believe that man has the abilility to come back from the dead,thereby negating the need for a resurrection. It is a clever ploy by satan. One must study carefully to separate what is,and what is not.I know im using the bible to show a point,and there are probably many who believe in its authenticity,or not,however i do. Mankind cannot traverse the leap from death to apparition. Once dead,a man has no knowledge of anything,until the ressurection.Has anyone ever considered the childlike antics of a haunting? Demons are perverted debased spirits,they can do only what GOD allows them to do,and unlike hollywood,there are no specific rituals to get rid of them. But we are given guidelines to go by,,demons are not territorial,they cannot be found in stones ,crystals,electromagnetic fields,etc. One should never engage spirits in conversation,nor seek to..it is a dangerous game indeed,and one may invite something that they do not wish to have,into their home or very being(possesion)

#2 venusmoon32

venusmoon32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writting, Paranormal Events, Nature walks,etc....<br />Also I enjoy spending time at events with my kids .My major intrest lies with the old religion, witch doctors, and nature from here and beyound without the laws of the people.

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:00 AM

What would you consider "ANGELS" to be? They are not human in form?
If Angels had Wings and Devils had Horns then We must of been born with the Thorns.. Tweezers anyone??,Someone?!..

#3 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:55 PM

Angels are entities that have never incarnated. They do have wings though. They are helpers to the human race and can be asked for help at all times.

When someone sees an angel, they're usually seen in human form because that's what the mind comprehends, but they can take any form they wish to. :kitty:
petunia4998

#4 Jack Torrance

Jack Torrance

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:35 PM

THE MISTER,

NOTE: What I'm about to say is my personal opinion(s) with a mix of "facts". I mean no offense to your beliefs. With that said here goes:

Do apparitions therefore exist? Yes,but not it the conventional sense. They are not the spirits of the dear departed;since that is not biblically supported

There are many things in the bible that hold little, to no truth. Modern day science has disproven many things from the bible. Personally I am a believer in God, but I believe that many things (if not all things) in the bible are the words of man and not God Himself.

...however,they are demonic,posing as souls/ghosts/ spirits/to have one believe that man has the abilility to come back from the dead,thereby negating the need for a resurrection. It is a clever ploy by satan.

I believe there is some truth to this. As it would make sense for a demon to disguise itself as a loved one and/or innocent human spirit, in order to get into the life of an innocent individual.

Has anyone ever considered the childlike antics of a haunting?

I have taken them into account and I have a few theories on that.

For one, perhaps the haunting/ghost appears to have some child-like "antics" because the entity has a limit to what it can do. Maybe there are specific rules or guidelines after death, for we cannot know for certain. OR maybe they (spirits/entities, whatever you want to call them) can only draw a limited amount of energy to make themselves known. Maybe this is why they appear child-like.

I do agree with your theory that they could easily be a demon, but I don't believe all "ghosts" are demons.

One should never engage spirits in conversation,nor seek to..it is a dangerous game indeed,and one may invite something that they do not wish to have,into their home or very being(possesion)

I STRONGLY agree with your statements here...to an extent. I believe EVP sessions are safe, because when you do an EVP you are not using a specific source to which to shine a light into the afterlife. I am very much AGAINST the use of Ouiji boards and/or séances etc., which I believe them to be sources that shine a light into the afterlife and you never know what they could bring into your life, i.e. a demon.

#5 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:56 AM

Mister.

In this thread I'm posting as an Elder of my Church, and not as a member of the Town Council. What I'm about to post is my own understanding based on what I've read in the Scriptures, heard at Church, and personally experienced.

You say that the spirits of the dead don't visit the living. You say that's unbiblical. I'll give you a counter example from the New Testament. Jesus took Peter, James, and John to a mountain top during the Feast of the Tabernacle. There, they were visited by Prophets of old including Moses and Elijah. Jesus interacted with the spirits. Peter offered to erect tabernacles (tents, really) so they would linger. Because of these events, that place is now known as the Mount of Transfiguration.

The Resurrection is the uniting of the spirit of the departed with a physical body. When Mary went to Jesus' tomb early that Sunday morning, the tomb was empty for Jesus' spirit had reunited with his body.

I have been visited by the dead. I don't do séances or use the Ouija. I don't initiate contact. When contacted by the dead, I am very cautious because you are correct that devils can pose as loved ones.

But not all ghosts are evil. Late one evening I was on the verge of going into a hypoglycemic episode when cookies and soda flew from my bookshelf (on the other side of the room) just to land within my reach. I was the only one home at the time and shudder to think what could have happened.

A close relative visited me minutes after she died. I was thousands of miles away and hadn't even received word she had fallen sick. The spirit which visited me spoke of things only she would have known and gave me advice and encouragement I sorely needed. The following morning I received a phone call informing me of the death.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#6 THE MISTER

THE MISTER

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:26 AM

What would you consider "ANGELS" to be? They are not human in form?

angels still have the ability to take on human form,,however,demons can appear only as shadows,apparitionary,,,this is attested to when christ said,(a ghost.ie,demon,)cannot take on flesh and blood,when the apostles thought they were looking at his ghost,in the new testament account

#7 THE MISTER

THE MISTER

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:41 AM

Angels are entities that have never incarnated. They do have wings though. They are helpers to the human race and can be asked for help at all times.

When someone sees an angel, they're usually seen in human form because that's what the mind comprehends, but they can take any form they wish to. :)

you are partially correct,,and heres a little more for you to ponder,,angels,are entities that are not fallen,or rather followed satan,,both however (demons included) are still spirits,,,,demons are limited to what they can do,,for instance,they cannot take on flesh and blood like angels,,they can only do what god allows them to do,,the wings anology,is metaphorical,,a mode of travel,,they do not need wings,,they are outside time and space

#8 THE MISTER

THE MISTER

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

THE MISTER,

NOTE: What I'm about to say is my personal opinion(s) with a mix of "facts". I mean no offense to your beliefs. With that said here goes:

Do apparitions therefore exist? Yes,but not it the conventional sense. They are not the spirits of the dear departed;since that is not biblically supported

There are many things in the bible that hold little, to no truth. Modern day science has disproven many things from the bible. Personally I am a believer in God, but I believe that many things (if not all things) in the bible are the words of man and not God Himself.
Jack,,i see we agree on many things,,but not all,,you say you believe in god,but not the bible,because ,i take it,you think it was merely written by men,,however,the bible clearly states,that all scripture is given by inspiration of GOD,,or interpeted,as (guided by GOD)

...however,they are demonic,posing as souls/ghosts/ spirits/to have one believe that man has the abilility to come back from the dead,thereby negating the need for a resurrection. It is a clever ploy by satan.

I believe there is some truth to this. As it would make sense for a demon to disguise itself as a loved one and/or innocent human spirit, in order to get into the life of an innocent individual.
AGREED!

Has anyone ever considered the childlike antics of a haunting?

I have taken them into account and I have a few theories on that.

For one, perhaps the haunting/ghost appears to have some child-like "antics" because the entity has a limit to what it can do. Maybe there are specific rules or guidelines after death, for we cannot know for certain. OR maybe they (spirits/entities, whatever you want to call them) can only draw a limited amount of energy to make themselves known. Maybe this is why they appear child-like.
SOMEWHAT AGREED,,WILL COMMENT LATER WHEN I GET MORE TIME
I do agree with your theory that they could easily be a demon, but I don't believe all "ghosts" are demons.

One should never engage spirits in conversation,nor seek to..it is a dangerous game indeed,and one may invite something that they do not wish to have,into their home or very being(possesion)

I STRONGLY agree with your statements here...to an extent. I believe EVP sessions are safe, because when you do an EVP you are not using a specific source to which to shine a light into the afterlife. I am very much AGAINST the use of Ouiji boards and/or séances etc., which I believe them to be sources that shine a light into the afterlife and you never know what they could bring into your life, i.e. a demon.

#9 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:54 AM

Thank you Aloha my thoughts were as yours.

Mister, a lexicon is literally a dictionary. Who wrote the dictionary? Man... You believe that there is no knowledge until the ressurection? That is your belief and belief is a personal opinion.

My belief or IMO

My soul is inside of my living body and once released it is an etheral spirit.

I have had contact with those that have passed from life and they have only come here to comfort the living. I DO NOT deal nor speak with demons. God gives us many GIFTS as stated in the Bible.

We all have a purpose in this life and after this life. What is revealed to each depends upon their their relationship with God, their faith and their purpose but most ESPECIALLY their open mindedness to NOT PUT LIMITS ON GOD and what can be done through us for him. I take into account how I have been brought up, what I know from church, what has been revealed to me and THE EXPERIENCES I have personally had.

We are told that if we have the faith of the mustard seed, we can move a mountain. God is limitless as he said WE ARE LIMITLESS.
I am more than my physical body.

#10 THE MISTER

THE MISTER

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:14 PM

Mister, a lexicon is literally a dictionary. Who wrote the dictionary? Man... You believe that there is no knowledge until the ressurection? That is your belief and belief is a personal opinion.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I find it strange that you would say the lexicon is incorrect,due to the fact,that is was written by humans. If you hold to such beliefs,then one could say,a tree is not actually a tree. The lexicon,was written by the best ,historical, linguistical scholars of our time,fluent in latin,arabic,greek and hebrew languages.Language of course changes,however the lexicon is what it is,with the intended meaning. Im not posting here, without due diligence,.I study and reprove everything i write,without any intent to mislead.I stand by what i have written,,i cannot make the word (SOUL) mean anything else for anyones comfort,nor to fit in to what someone would want to believe

My soul is inside of my living body and once released it is an etheral spirit.

I have had contact with those that have passed from life and they have only come here to comfort the living. I DO NOT deal nor speak with demons. God gives us many GIFTS as stated in the Bible.

We all have a purpose in this life and after this life. What is revealed to each depends upon their their relationship with God, their faith and their purpose but most ESPECIALLY their open mindedness to NOT PUT LIMITS ON GOD and what can be done through us for him. I take into account how I have been brought up, what I know from church, what has been revealed to me and THE EXPERIENCES I have personally had.

We are told that if we have the faith of the mustard seed, we can move a mountain. God is limitless as he said WE ARE LIMITLESS.
[/quote]

#11 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

A tree is actually made up of energy as all things are. All things are made of matter and to see it and for it to be real for each one of us is to believe that it is.....

As I said, you have your beliefs and I stated mine. It's just that simple. I do not try to impose them on anyone. Here at GV we all have different opinions and that is what this forum is for.
I am more than my physical body.

#12 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:12 PM

This is a post I made on another website. It involve the Etymology of the terms: soul and spirlt.

Hebrew Terms

Nephesh - (Hebrew) [ to breathe, take breath]. Originally the vital breath; by extension of meaning, the vital principle in living bodies; hence a living being itself.

In the Hebrew Qabbalah, nephesh signifies the breath of life, the vital principle in conjunction with the emotions and passions.

Ruach - means both "wind" and "breath".

Greek Terms

Psyche – (Greek)[ ψυχή psykhe breath, life]
derived from a verb "to cool, to blow" and hence refers to the vital breath, the animating principle in humans and other animals.

Pneuam - from Gk. pneuma “wind, breath” from pnein "to blow, to breathe," from PIE base *pneu- "to breathe," of imitative origin.

Latin Terms:

Anima – Latin [a current of air, wind, air, breath, the vital principle] from PIE base *ane- "to blow, to breathe" - term for the "animating principle

Spiritus " courage, vigor, breath," related to spirare "to breathe," from PIE *(s)peis- "to blow" (cf. O.C.S. pisto "to play on the flute").

English Terms.:

Soul - Old English [sáwol, sáwel}; Old Saxon [sêola]; Old High German [sêula, sêla]

Etymology of this Germanic word is uncertain. A common suggestion is a connection with the word sea (O.E. sæ "sheet of water ; from P.Gmc. *saiwaz) and from this, it has been speculated that the early Germanic peoples believed that the spirits of deceased rested at the bottom of the sea. A more recent suggestion connects it with a root for "binding", Germanic *sailian (OE sēlian, OHG seilen), related to the notion of being "bound" in death, and the practice of ritually binding or restraining the corpse of the deceased in the grave to prevent his or her return as a ghost.

In any case, the word is an adaptation by early Christian missionaries to the Germanic peoples.

Spirit - from O.Fr. espirit, from L. spiritus;
Original usage in English mainly from passages in Vulgate, where the Latin word translates Gk. pneuma and Heb. ruah. Distinction between "soul" and "spirit" (as "seat of emotions") became current in Christian terminology in the mid 13th century.(e.g. Gk. psykhe vs. pneuma, L. anima vs. spiritus) but "is without significance for earlier periods" [Buck]. L. spiritus, usually in classical L. "breath," replaces animus. In Christian writings as the usual equivalent of Gk. pneuma. Meaning "supernatural being" is attested from c.1300.

Terms translated as:

Hebrew - Greek - Latin - Modern English

Nephesh - Psyche - Anima - Soul

Ruach - Pneuam - Spiritus - Spirit

Edited by Cryscat, 27 January 2011 - 06:14 PM.

Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#13 soulrunner

soulrunner

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:gardening is my hobby and one of my jobs

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:08 AM

dear the mister.
what are you doing here? have you not thought that half the people on here could be demons and that in conversing with them you have left your "soul" open to attack? or maybe there are "agents" of god here that cannot say anything because we keep the balance between good and evil. there are people all over the world who have to correct the mistakes of "do gooders" who ues their faith in the wrong way. pray to your god whomever you hold it to be, always respect other peoples beliefs and faiths even if they are the exact oppsite of yours. if you must preach, talk about tolerance, peace, love, and understanding. Never try to force your point on another even if you think/know you are right.
whatever the question is: love is the answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users