There are no ghosts

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:36 PM

Dude, stop feeding the troll!

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#17 BLACK SHUCK

BLACK SHUCK

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Anything related to the paranormal,secret societies,fast cars, busty women, human behavior, reading, painting, art, magic/magick(high or low),withchcraft/wicca,candles and hot tubs. Just ask, if you are curious and want the truth, not what you want to hear.

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:36 PM

Why, oh why, don't folks believe??? I swear, I'm going to come back and haunt somebdy.

#18 bobbyjgallo

bobbyjgallo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

I've always said that you will never truly accept the paranormal until you actually go out and do an investigation and experience it for yourself...
Watch our original paranormal web-series "Gallo Family Ghost Hunters" on blip.tv

#19 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

I've experienced it plenty and definitely believe.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#20 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

While there are certainly things that seem to defy logical explanation the majority can be explained. I would say about 95% can be resolved, the others ????I also believe that we need to diversify somewhat. Too much emphasis is placed on the traditional ghost theory even though no concrete proof exists. No one has ever captured or proven ghosts are dead people or souls of the dead. Perhaps other explanations need to be considered. Some paranormal events may be something else entirely. Just because we can't explain it doesn't make it a spirit or ghost.

#21 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

Just because many such incidents can be rationally explained, doesnt it make them "normal" and just because some incidents cannot be rationally explained doesn't make them 'paranormal" either.
Posted Image

#22 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

While there are certainly things that seem to defy logical explanation the majority can be explained. I would say about 95% can be resolved, the others ????I also believe that we need to diversify somewhat. Too much emphasis is placed on the traditional ghost theory even though no concrete proof exists. No one has ever captured or proven ghosts are dead people or souls of the dead. Perhaps other explanations need to be considered. Some paranormal events may be something else entirely. Just because we can't explain it doesn't make it a spirit or ghost.

AMEN
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#23 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

The OP hasn't seen the movie "Ghost" or they wouldn't be talking like that! :-)
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#24 SeekX

SeekX

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Respectfully a negative can not be proven that is impossible , If something does not exist it cannot be proven that it does not exists it must be presumed that it does or does not exists.

All beliefs have the same credence as far as I can see , ghost ? what about all the religious beliefs ? everyone of them hold just as much validity as the other and people that believe in fairies and vampires and such have just as much conclusive evidence as any religion or belief .

I have my beliefs and you have yours even if you do not believe in anything at all , so that is OK whatever you believe it all holds the same validity. Posted Image

Edited by SeekX, 16 January 2013 - 12:32 AM.

#25 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

No one has all the answers and I don't think we should. Mystery is what makes life interesting. Keeping an open mind is far better than closing it. Closing it blocks out a chunk of life.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#26 no1plumbrr

no1plumbrr

Would let the taxpayers foot the bill to go to a GV convention

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  • Interests:DENISE
    ghosts, aliens, and anything crazy.

FEARS: clowns and now BEP, thanks guys you rock ! ;)

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

Absolutely WW
In love with an awesome woman
SHALOM my friends !

#27 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

It may be true that no one has all the answers but it is also true that we do have some of the answers. It does no good to keep believing in something once a logical explanation can be presented. Thus one by one mysteries are being solved. Of course new ones may also appear so it will always keep life interesting. But we do need to accet an answer once one can be verified by the facts presented.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users