Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

I could use a little pep talk today.....

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 06:00 AM

Well, I feel better today after a relaxing evening.  My first week is complete and I am only a day behind in the 2nd week, but that is due to technical difficulties.

Karensue, the dog does clean the dished faster, but then you have to put the dishes on the floor.  At least the kitties can get up on the counter and get into the sink, so no extra work for me!

Thanks Moon, this is going to test just how tough I am!

Thanks Masq, I couldn't imagine doing this with kids!  It's good to know that it is possible.  I am using the paper plate idea, now if only they made paper pots, clean up would be a breeze.  And how do you do fast food and stay healthy at the same time?

Momcat, thank you for the inspiriational words, but I still feel nuts and not brave. That may take a couple of months.  If going back to school is something you are thinking about doing, stop thinking and just do it.  It is a challenge, but it is possible.  Good luck.

Thanks everybody, this has definitely helped.  It is so wonderful to see this awesome community in actions!

#17 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 17 September 2003 - 06:30 AM

I am glad that you are feeling better.  I hope that you do well in your classes.  I got some advice from a friend who recently went back to school.  Make it your number one priority and everything else comes second.
Peace, love and happiness always!

#18 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 09:03 AM

Hi, Spooky and anyone interested, here's Uncle Whispers' homemade stress reliever*LOL*Scout's Honour, its not white lightning, do this 1/week or as needed to avoid climbing a water tower with a sniper rifle ;D
               2 drops frankinsence oil
     2 drops jasmine oil
     2 drops sandalwood oil
     2 drops ylang ylang oil
     1 drop rose oil
     1 drop ginger oil
You will not need to let this steep, but its probably a good idea to make a few batches in advance and keep them in airtight containers ;)

*LOL*Fly, your prejudices are showing, though the cat idea DOES have merit

Hi, Camille...OMGS, he's HUGE, but on the bright side, you can have him dust and sweep at the same time and
maybe invest in a duct tape company ;)

Hi, Rock, DUDE...where's the fun in that? You have the dog chase and corner the cat*she needs exercise after all and maybe a light snack*THEN you pledge and oil soap the kitty. See*snickers*fun for the whole family ;D

Hey, Spooky, SWEET! Its a wonderful opportunity, Amiga
and Masque has a wonderful idea about shortcuts and nukeable meals...or pizza ;D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#19 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 01:47 PM

Spooky,If things are not turning out exactly as you envisioned,don't get discouraged.See what you end up with.Some of the worlds greatest inventions were born from mistakes.
Try turnning rush hour into peace hour,esp if your in your car very long going to and from work. Put on your favorite music and sing your blues away.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#20 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 05:38 PM

healthy???  those bags of pre-mixed salads are pretty good, that's actually what KFC uses and I'm sure other places as well, plus lots of fruit is still available which is great for "grab and go"
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users