Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

I could use a little pep talk today.....

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 08:05 AM

or maybe I just need to talk it out.  Problem is, I have no time to do so, so I thought that I would put my thoughts down here.  Maybe this should go on the Trolls Lounge board, but it isn't really all that negative.

I am just completely exhausted and I have too much on my plate and on my mind.  Aside from holding down a normal 40 hour a week job, taking care of a house and trying to find some time with my husband, I have also started an online MBA program AND the haunted house is about to start up.

I feel like I don't have a spare moment and all I want to do right now is throw my hands in the air and quit everything!  I just don't see how I can continue to do all of this and keep my sanity.

I am feeling very overwhelmed and stressed.  Most of all, I am terrified of failing my first class, and believe me, after being out of school for 10 years, it is hard to go back and even harder to remember how to take a quiz or write an essay.  So I am struggling a bit....

Does anyone have any words of wisdom out there?

Or am I completely nuts?

#2 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 16 September 2003 - 09:16 AM

Don't give up on school.  I gave up school to be a wife and that was the biggest mistake of my life.  No matter how hard it seems, just remember that you are doing this to better yourself.  I am a full time college student now and I work between 25-30 hours a week.  I know when you say that it feels like you have no time anymore.  There will be days that things don't get done, but just remember that you tried hard to get everything done.  As for you husband, plan dates.  That works believe it or not.  Pick an night and just spend time alone.  
Peace, love and happiness always!

#3 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 09:52 AM

Hey, Spooky, KarenSue has a really good point, Amiga, both about the dates with your hubby and taking like an evening off just for you, I can even send you an absolutely WONDERFUL recipe for a homemade bath oil
that's guarenteed to help you put stress levels back to workable levels. The MBA program is stressful, especially
since you've been out of the academic loop for a few years.

Is it just you and your husband doing the Haunted House or is it a concerted effort with PGH? Is there any way you can delegate with this to put a little less of a yoke on your already overloaded shoulders?

Are you getting any kind of perk/help at work since you're getting your MBA, I know in NY they offered to subsidize your schooling for advanced degrees-usually in exchange for a contract stating you'd stay on for a number of years-to take at least some of the pressure off, but that was at a State run facility

*Breaks out cheer outfit and pom poms*You can do this,
Spooky, it is going to be a matter of prioritizing and maybe some sacrifices, as far as the Haunted House goes, but in the long run its going to be worth it*hug of support*

Whispers
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#4 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 09:58 AM

Thanks Karensue and Whispers!

I really needed to hear all of that.  And Karensue, you mean it's okay if I don't get the dishes done?  Stillnot sure how I feel about that.  Last night, when I got home at 8:30, I vacumed the floors and hit the books for 2+ hours.  I love the idea about planning dates with my husband, I'll have to sit down with him and figure something out.

Whispers, please send that recipe.  I've been scrubbing the tub in prep for this stressful time, so it's ready to go.  As for perks from work, well the perk that I get is this program.  It is my company that is offering this program so they are picking up 80% of the tab, so how could I pass it up.

As for the haunted house, my husband and I are part of a team that run it.  But we are so involved in it that it is hard to step back from it.  Once I get this project done this weekend, I can ease back from it a bit.  but this project was started weeks ago, before I had even thought about my MBA, so I have to follow through with it.  Then I can scale WAY back.

I just need to get through this week and I really need to figure out how to write an answer to an essay question!

#5 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 16 September 2003 - 01:49 PM

mrsspookypants- I really needed to hear all of that.  And Karensue, you mean it's okay if I don't get the dishes done?  Stillnot sure how I feel about that.  Last night, when I got home at 8:30, I vacumed the floors and hit the books for 2+ hours.  I love the idea about planning dates with my husband, I'll have to sit down with him and figure something out.

Hmmmmmm.....Didn't we solve some of this problem in another thread?

Leave the dishes down low enough so that the cat can lick them clean, feel free to ad a bit of Worchesire Sauce as an incentive!

Spray the cat down with End Dust, followed by Lemon Fresh Pledge the following day.  The dust bunnys will be gone and everything will smell lemony fresh!

There! houseworks done!  Now you can take care of more important things. ;D

Hope this helps ;)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#6 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 02:02 PM

F.O.

Thanks!  I really needed that good laugh!  Just the thought of hosing the kitties down with pleadge and letting them go at it, well, puts a good mental picture in mind.

And I wish I could leave the dishes to the kitties and the dog, but they have become quite picky in their food and don't like the Kraft Mac and Cheese that I have been whipping up lately!

Thanks, I needed to laugh!

#7 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 03:53 PM

Yes its ok to leave dishes in the sink, either that or you guys share the house work.  As for the date thing it works great.  I did that with my ex-fiance.  I worked over 50 hours a week and when he did work it was opposite shifts than he worked.  Even though we lived together we never saw each other.  That is where I learned to do that.  I also learned short cuts in house cleaning.

#8 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 16 September 2003 - 04:29 PM

Spooky,

Yes its ok to leave dishes in the sink, either that or you guys share the house work

Im with Flying , let the animals do the dishes . At least the ones hubby eats from  ;). The Pledge idea with the cats is [glow=blue,2,300]killer[/glow]  ;D. I have a question though  ??? How do you get the cat to hold still while you spray them without getting it all over your own hands?  

Ohhhhhh ok I got it now. You crate them first.   ;D They regain their eye site in only a few hours ~ I hope they dont knock over more than they dust~    :-/

As for your pep talk Spooky , here it goes :

Your worth it and you will triumph !!!!!!!!!!!!   ;)

Rockhauler2k1  ;D
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#9 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 04:31 PM

What do you guys have against the cats?  I am just wondering.  

#10 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 06:00 PM

That is the best use I can think of for my 25+ pound cat.  And I have all hardwood floors.  Screw the swiffer--his body mass would cover quite a bit of area.  (I hope the SPCA doesn't catch wind of this).

Spooky--
I'll be happy to contract the kitty out for dusting--at a special wage for you.  I'll even throw in a harness, a broomstick and some duct tape.  I've attached a photo of the cheap kitty labor.

Let the house go.  Have hubby role play as your bee-yatch, and that kills two birds with one stone in the housework and romance department (I think).  The haunted house presents some interesting opportunities as well.   ;)

If all else fails, screw the house.  Take at least two Fridays off b/t now and Halloween.  

Oh, and don't forget to breathe.

Good luck on the MBA program.  

Hang in there.  
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#11 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 06:33 PM

Thanks gang!  I knew I would get some encouragement here.  I have to say, tonight is going better, in part from the great advice here and also because I completed my first writing assignment.  I was terrified of that but now it is turned in, a day early I might add, and I actually have some time for myself.  I have a batch of sugar cookies in the oven(thank god for the pre-made stuff) and hubby and I are going to bed early with a plate of sugar cookies ;)

Karensue....I don't think they have anything against cats.  To completely understand where they are coming from, look for a post on the real life board titled "question for the men".  It might enlighten you as to what they think cats are good for.  And please share your shortcuts for housekeeping, I'm going to need them!

Rock....thanks!  And I think the application of the pledge would take 2 people, one two hold the cat and one to spray.  Actually, make that 3, you need another to patch up all the scratches ;D

Camille, I appreciate your offer for the cat, but I think my 14 pound and 9 pound can tackle it just fine, at least between the 23 pounds that they share!  I really like the idea of taking the 2 fridays off, gonna have to look into that!  As for the house work, I do have to say that hubby has really been pitching in and picking up a lot of the slack.  He HAS helped on the dishes and most of all, he has helped out by taking other stuff off of my hands.

Thanks again, and don't mind me, in the next 21 months, I just might need to vent from time to time.  Or I might have a question about finance or statistics. Anybody good with those?

Well, cookies are done, I get an hour to relax....YAH!

#12 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 06:42 PM

I will check out that thread.  But don't you realize that dogs clean the dishes better than the cats?  I have seen my dogs clean a plate a lot faster than my cat.  I have a medium sized cat and a very large dog.

#13 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 16 September 2003 - 11:25 PM

when the going gets tough the tough gets going!

We all know you are "spookingly" tough lol and we appreciate your attitude. We are all here to take on the load emotionally, way to go Spooky! God Bless! ;)
Posted Image

#14 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 04:33 AM

paper plates, plastic silverware and those ucky freezer queen meals, voila no dishes...and wipes, I hate the extra expense but love the time, pledge wipes, clorax wipes, glass wipes, carry the container in your back pocket as you run around the room with a wipe in your hand...I can always loan out my kids they love doing it...laundry, extra expense, but hit the laundry mat, wash and dry everything at once and you can get some studying in between loads. also you can vacuum some hard floors don't needed to grab the broom too....

hope it helps a bit, I know I was student teaching, working, taking care of two kids and had just gotten married 3 years ago, its rough
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#15 momcat

momcat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 September 2003 - 05:47 AM

Hello Mrsspookypants:
when i read your post i felt compelled to let you know what you are doing, going back to school is an inspiration. i myself would like to go...so many years have passed for me, you can offer experiance and wisdom, i do not think you are nuts. your brave.

You Ask Why
you ask why i make my home in the mountain forest,
and i smile, and am silent,
and even my soul remains quiet:
it lives in the other world
which no one owns.
The peach trees blossom.
The water flows.

Li-Po, Chinese, 705-762

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users