Just wondering

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 venusmoon32

venusmoon32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writting, Paranormal Events, Nature walks,etc....<br />Also I enjoy spending time at events with my kids .My major intrest lies with the old religion, witch doctors, and nature from here and beyound without the laws of the people.

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

I've always heard the saying,"Watch what ya eat before ya go to Sleep". Some say certain foods have the properties to induce dreams, nightmares,and visions. has anyone else heard or even know of such? If so what kind and types induce what?

Thanks!
If Angels had Wings and Devils had Horns then We must of been born with the Thorns.. Tweezers anyone??,Someone?!..

#2 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:04 AM

Taco bell gives me weird nightmares, worse than normal.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#3 Jack Torrance

Jack Torrance

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:12 PM

Food has never affected my dreams in anyway, however things like Nightquil usually make me have very bizarre dreams. Not necessarily nightmares but very bizarre dreams.

#4 mike21

mike21

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:07 AM

wired nightmare..........

#5 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:12 AM

Here is an article on webmd.com that does discuss how food can effect one's dreams.
http://www.webmd.com...mares-in-adults
Nightmares can also be caused by medications and alcohol as well as emotional distress.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#6 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:09 PM

I know when I was on oral narcotics (before the pump implantation) I would get the wierdest dreams... I also had a really bad nightmare once after recieving 5 mg of dilaudid and phenegren, benedryl, and zofran via IV in the ER... I woke up screaming, thinking I was on fire.
I typically don't eat before bed (not hungry after eating during the day due to gastroparesis and dilaudid)... But over Christmas I only had one mike's hard lemonade and one glass of "champange" and I had nightmares... Guess I'm a lightweight...
Love life.

#7 venusmoon32

venusmoon32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writting, Paranormal Events, Nature walks,etc....<br />Also I enjoy spending time at events with my kids .My major intrest lies with the old religion, witch doctors, and nature from here and beyound without the laws of the people.

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:44 PM

Here is an article on webmd.com that does discuss how food can effect one's dreams.
http://www.webmd.com...mares-in-adults
Nightmares can also be caused by medications and alcohol as well as emotional distress.

Thanks red...I'll check it out.
If Angels had Wings and Devils had Horns then We must of been born with the Thorns.. Tweezers anyone??,Someone?!..

#8 venusmoon32

venusmoon32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:55 PM

Checked out the article and they seem to be concerned about nightmares.. If people are subject to these during REM then it seems to me alot more could happen since some papers I've read sujest this is the dream state and the state where many people have visions.. They can not be all nightmares or can they?

Will study this more and experiment myself with food. I have done this with eating popcorn and milk before bed and I have dreams..Some meat=weird nonsense dreams..

Thanks all who have responded!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users