• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 02:13 PM

Yep, there are now advertisements on this site.  GV has become a true dot com!

GV has grown a lot and because of that, new options are opening up for it.

The advertisements are annoying, there is no doubt about that.  But with the ads, GV might actually be able to raise/earn some money.  What many people don't realize is that Jeff runs this site mostly out of his own pocket, and it isn't cheap.  Hopefully, the ads will help him to break even or even to add more things to this site.

The ads are set at a minimum, so as not to really be annoying.  And you never know, one day you might see an ad for something that you need or want, maybe even for some ghost hunting equipment.

So if you really want to support this site, click on an ad every once in a while.  If not, just close the pop up window.

Hope everyone understands!

#2 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 06:21 PM

oh its no biggy I get pop ups now whenever i turn on internet I'm getting used to clicking the X

#3 wayne2241

wayne2241

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X radio network, Mondays at 10pm eastern time, 7pm pacific. Go to http:www.para-x.com

Posted 14 November 2002 - 07:59 AM

Ads are an unfortunate but neccessary evil. We all hate them, but I think it is a small price to pay for keeping a great site like this up. I have been involved in several internet communities for different subjects, and this one is the BEST. Personally, I can live with it.

MRIP

Posted Image

Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X network on Mondays at 9pm eastern time, 7pm pacific time. http:www.para-x.com

#4 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 10:10 AM

Sorry, folks. The bills must get paid around here. To keep the site free for everyone to use (and to continue growing) we have had to start running display advertising.

In time the ads will become more relevant to our interests.  Please bare with us through this -- it's all for a good cause!
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#5 Paul_G.

Paul_G.

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 05:02 PM

Do what you need to do. I'm don't intend to pay a subscription fee to come here, so dealing with ads is the least I can do. I don't mind ads to see a good site. They're a necessary evil.

#6 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 06:05 PM

Welcome Paul_G. Everyone here is really great, and it sounds like you got a good head on your shoulders concerning adds .kuddos to you my friend ,I hope you enjoy G.V.I am looking forward to your participation. ;)
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#7 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 17 November 2002 - 04:49 PM

Okay, folks. You have spoken and we heard you. Within the next day pop-up ads will no longer be running on Ghostvillage.com.

We will only have regular display ads.  This means less revenue for Ghostvillage.com, but a better user experience for everyone.

You can help us out by simply clicking on an ad every now and then.

Thanks for your support and patience.

-Jeff
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#8 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 08:16 PM

I know this topic was posted quite a while ago but the gray pop-ups are obnoxious.

I wish the advertising industry would realize that no one reads the pop-ups and they're a bad self-advertising tool for marketing pop-up elimination software.

Sigh...I miss banner ads...you didn't have to look at those in the middle of a text box you're typing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users