#1 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:52 PM

Dear Ghostvillagers,

Happy New Year!

You may have heard some hubbub recently about the possible addition of a thirteenth astrological sign called Ophiuchus. This would mean an adjustment of all of the other dates, and some people (myself included) would have their signs change. I canít imagine not being a Leo! The reason for the shift is because astronomer Parke Kunkle noted that the Earthís alignment has shifted over the centuries, he believes the dates are off, and the addition of a thirteenth sign is necessary. What does this have to do with ghosts and the paranormal? Iím glad you asked. Astrology got me thinkingÖ are there dates or time periods when paranormal activity is cyclically higher?

Think about how many paranormal Web sites youíve seen that automatically display the phases of the moon. Or how many display when solar storms are active. Ghostvillage.com has both on our homepage. Astrologers will tell you that they are some of the oldest record-keepers in the world. When events -- both good and bad -- occur, they note the position of the stars and look for patterns. Are we more prone to war during certain cycles? Do other alignments often coincide with a poor harvest? We can debate the validity of this practice, of course, because when there is famine in one country there can be great prosperity in another. Mercury in retrograde spells doom for some while others win the lottery. Like so much in the paranormal, it comes down to belief, and belief canít be argued.

Many paranormal investigators note the phase of the moon when they conduct an investigation. This month weíre going to explore astrology a little deeper. Tell us your sign. Tell us why you agree or disagree with astrology. Tell us if you think there may be a pattern.

Supernaturally yours,

Jeff Belanger
Mayor of Ghostvillage.com
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

Awesome topic.
Posted Image

#3 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:07 PM

What if you're born on Friday the 13th in the year 2013 in the 13th sign? Should you panic? I suppose the constellation would be of a guy slipping on a banana peel?
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#4 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:12 PM

Astrology is actually one of the earliest attempts man has made at understanding things unseen. The zodiacal signs as we know them go back several thousand years. The progression has also been underway as a continual thing, it's nothing new. In fact the first discrepancy occurred about 2,000 years ago. Consequently the zodiac has required the thirteenth sign since that time, it's nothing new.

Which means that it's also been wrong all this time! Now does that mean that all the astrologers for the last 2,000 years have been working with flawed data? Yep, it does! Yet they have been using it and claiming it as accurate. Kind of tells us where this field has been coming from, doesn't it....
CaveRat......
Visit my website

#5 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:25 PM

I hadn't heard this... That could change my sign as well... Me not being a Taurus (april 24, so right on the line)... WOW! I'm the total embodiment of a taurus... stubborn as hell, and when Lizzy and I fight (another taurus... May 6) it can get UGLY.
Love life.

#6 steelcitysupernatural

steelcitysupernatural

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

I don't know...I just find it very hard to believe that after all this time, I'm actually NOT an Aquarius. All of the traits used to describe an Aquarian are 100% me! Unless the descriptions were wrong, too, and need to be re-matched/amended to fit in with the 13th sign. There is just no way I'm a Capricorn. They're two totally different personalities!
I feel like the changes should only apply to people that are born NOW. When I was born, the way the stars were aligned at that particular time and date, are what makes me an Aquarius. That's just how I feel, anyway. :/

#7 venusmoon32

venusmoon32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writting, Paranormal Events, Nature walks,etc....<br />Also I enjoy spending time at events with my kids .My major intrest lies with the old religion, witch doctors, and nature from here and beyound without the laws of the people.

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:16 PM

Very interesting topic..I'm a libra but often times find both scropio & libra mixed fairs me well. What is the 13th constellation?
If Angels had Wings and Devils had Horns then We must of been born with the Thorns.. Tweezers anyone??,Someone?!..

#8 SuperJodi

SuperJodi

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:26 PM

I am a Sagittarius, or so I thought. LOL :) I was born November 26th. I guess in some ways I fit parts of my sign, but never did completely. I fit into a lot of scorpio traits and well I don't know the first thing about this new sign so who knows, maybe I fit parts of that too since I am right on the edge of both signs.

#9 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

Did anyone catch Bill Maher on Friday?... One of his "new rules" was about the 13th zodiac sign.... He said something along the lines of if you are worried about your sign changing because you won't know your traits then you have bigger issues... I'll post it up here when they ost his new rules on his site... They're not up yet. Was quite funny...
Love life.

#10 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:13 PM

I hadn't heard this... That could change my sign as well... Me not being a Taurus (april 24, so right on the line)... WOW! I'm the total embodiment of a taurus... stubborn as hell, and when Lizzy and I fight (another taurus... May 6) it can get UGLY.

My personal take is that it is a self-fulfilling prophecy. You grew up believing you were a Taurus, so you looked for Taurus attributes in your own personality. You may have even (subconsciously) developed these traits over the years.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#11 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

My personal take is that it is a self-fulfilling prophecy. You grew up believing you were a Taurus, so you looked for Taurus attributes in your own personality. You may have even (subconsciously) developed these traits over the years.

That's kinda how I feel...
Love life.

#12 venusmoon32

venusmoon32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writting, Paranormal Events, Nature walks,etc....<br />Also I enjoy spending time at events with my kids .My major intrest lies with the old religion, witch doctors, and nature from here and beyound without the laws of the people.

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

Very interesting topic..I'm a libra but often times find both scropio & libra mixed fairs me well. What is the 13th constellation?

Found it!!

Ophiuchus the 13th sign of the Zodiac - also known as Serpentarius, the Serpent Holder.The constellation Ophiuchus has been known about since ancient times, but you wouldn't know it.
It was never added to the Zodiac chart as astrologers said that the Sun went straight from Scorpius into Sagittarius, disregarding the fact that the sun travelled through Ophiuchus for 19 days before entering Sagittarius.

Basically then what that means is that there is another sign! a lost sign. Serpentarius is it's name which would bring us perhaps lots of Serpentariuns?
If Angels had Wings and Devils had Horns then We must of been born with the Thorns.. Tweezers anyone??,Someone?!..

#13 venusmoon32

venusmoon32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

The 13th sign of the zodiac, unlike the other 12 signs is actually associated with a real person. In the 27th Century BCE in Ancient Egypt lived a man known as Imhotep. Imhotep was known as ĎAesclepiusí by the Ancient Greeks, however the attributes are the same under either name. Posted Image

One of Imhoteps abilities was healing and it is said that it was he who introduced it to mankind. His accomplishments also included a wide knowledge of medicine. The serpent or snake symbol which is still used today to symbolize the medical profession was also used to represent Imhotep. Below is a list of attributes associated with the Serpent Holder, Imhotep i.e Aesclepius. The descriptions below are associated with the 13th sign - Ophiuchus.

Posted Image

• Many people are envious of this subject as he progresses well throughout life.
  • A seeker of wisdom and knowledge
  • Many people are jealous of this person
  • Tends to go for the more flamboyant in dress sense, favouring bright colours.
  • Authority looks upon him well.
  • Would make a great architect or builder.
  • Number 12 is this persons lucky number.
  • This person will have a big family but leave home at an early age.
This is the Zodiac as some astrologers believe it should be: ARIES = APRIL 19 - MAY 13 TAURUS = MAY 14 - JUNE 19 GEMINI = JUNE 20 - JULY 20 CANCER = JULY 21 - AUG 9 LEO = AUGUST 10 - SEPTEMBER 15 VIRGO = SEPTEMBER 16 - OCTOBER 30 LIBRA = OCTOBER 31 - NOVEMBER 22 SCORPIO = NOVEMBER 23 - NOVEMBER 29 OPHIUCHUS = NOVEMBER 30 - DECEMBER 17 SAGITTARIUS = DECEMBER 18 - JANUARY 18 CAPRICORN = JANUARY 19 - FEBRUARY 15 AQUARIUS = FEBRUARY 16 - MARCH 11 PISCES = MARCH 12 - APRIL 18

#14 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:56 AM

We're more than just our sun sign anyway. There are lots of planets and stars out there affecting us.

I remember reading different profiles in those astrology books and they all would take about the same personality traits, but just change the adjective to fit the animal associated with the sign.

Example:
Bull-like temper
Crabby temper
etc.

The sun sign is only one part of the whole package.
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#15 ChuckMcB

ChuckMcB

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:48 AM

My take on this is that if everything has been supposedly wrong for at least the last 2,000 years and yet it all still makes sense to those that have beleived in it, we shouldn't bother to change a thing. What this really comes down to is a random astronomer, a scientist, trying to damage the unscientific beleif in astrology.

If your sign was wrong 2,000 years ago, it's still wrong now from a scientific standpoint but what exactly has ever been scientific about astrology? Thus, I also object to those who say we should keep things as they are for those who were already born while adopting the 13th sign for those born hereafter. If your sign is 100% correct, that must also apply to newborns because the stars themselves have been way off for millenia.

I haven't even bothered to check the supposed changes myself because I am absolutely a virgo. This is all just a fantastic example of how the modern global media can make sheep of us all on a whim.
Paranormal Investigations: 8Last Investigation: 12-16-11Founder: Gulfview Paranormal Hernando Beach, FLEmail Us: GulfviewPI@mail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users