Photo

Ouija?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Maeve Rain

Maeve Rain

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Family, Animals, Dowsing, Shopping, Traveling, Hiking, Ghost Hunting

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

OK. My husband bought a Ouija Board and I haven't even taken it out of the package yet. I'd LOVE to play with it, but as an investigator I know the dangers and risks. Is there a "safer" way for us to use the board, or is there no such thing as a "safe" way? :ghost:
[sub]Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illumines it. - Martin Luther King, Jr.[b]

#2 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:05 AM

OK. My husband bought a Ouija Board and I haven't even taken it out of the package yet. I'd LOVE to play with it, but as an investigator I know the dangers and risks. Is there a "safer" way for us to use the board, or is there no such thing as a "safe" way? :ghost:

Some swear against them altogether because they feel that they're portals to negative things. I've worked with them and had mixed results. When you 'meet' someone on the other side for the first time, take anything they say with a grain of salt. It's like meeting people in a bar or at a party. They may be sincere, but they can be full of beans too.

It's good to use some sort of positive energy protection and be firm with any beings you come in contact with. If you do not wish to further communicate with them, you need to be clear and direct. It's your home and your session, so you should always keep control.

Research is good to. There are several threads in the "Spirit Communication" forum where people discuss their experiences and opinions about the board.

Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#3 singingcowboy674

singingcowboy674

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:52 PM

Maeve,

Contrary to Carlotta, I do not believe there is a "less dangerous" way to use a Ouija board. All a demon wants to do is to establish two way communication with you. Once that happens, I don't care what kind of white light protection you use or how firmly your intent is not to talk to anything other than a human spirit, it really doesn't mean a hill of beans.

By putting your fingers on the planchette and inviting communication you are by default giving any demon that wants to come through, a foothold in your life. A authority to interfere. Once that "supernatural bridge" has been built, you can't pick and choose who comes across. And contrary as well to what most believe; I do NOT believe that any entities who have crossed over into the physical (unannounced) will just be sucked right back to the other side once you move the planchette to "goodbye".

It's great that you haven't even opened it. My advice would be not to. And have your husband take it back to the store and get your money back as quickly as possible. I know I sound firm and unyeilding but it's only out of genuine concern. If you get out of a session unscathed it's by the grace of God.

If you so decide to roll the dice I'd be sure to pray before you do it and pray after you do it.

God bless and God's speed,

Adam

#4 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:05 PM

I personally don't see any danger in the board itself, rather the danger is the state of mind of the user. The board doesn't open anything, but your actions can. Anything given that frame of mind could act as a conduit.

Of course along with that I also put no faith in a hunk of cardboard (or wood) and a piece of glass or plastic to communicate with anything.

The power some give these boards amazes me. I actually had someone contact me about getting rid of one. Said they were afraid to dispose of it and wanted to know if I could do it since they believed by giving it away that would transfer any entities along with it. I said sure, if it would make you happy I would dispose of it. They drove almost 200 miles to bring the thing to me.

I tossed it out in the garbage the next day. Nothing happened.

#5 ParanormalOuija

ParanormalOuija

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal.

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:16 AM

I personally don't see any danger in the board itself, rather the danger is the state of mind of the user. The board doesn't open anything, but your actions can. Anything given that frame of mind could act as a conduit.

Of course along with that I also put no faith in a hunk of cardboard (or wood) and a piece of glass or plastic to communicate with anything.

The power some give these boards amazes me. I actually had someone contact me about getting rid of one. Said they were afraid to dispose of it and wanted to know if I could do it since they believed by giving it away that would transfer any entities along with it. I said sure, if it would make you happy I would dispose of it. They drove almost 200 miles to bring the thing to me.

I tossed it out in the garbage the next day. Nothing happened.

No offence to you, but your post offended me.
I don't see if you don't believe in the board and feel it's just a piece of wood then why do you continue to post on topic's?, surely if you felt the user's playing with the ouija were idiot's and it's all in there mind you'd just ignore them. Also i've been told names birthdates and places which i have retrieved the death records of spirit's who have spoke through the ouija and it turn's out every word they said was true. Explain ?

Sorry if that sounded sarcastic and offensive but it's more of a debate then a act of spite.

regards tom.

Hey there welcome to GV.

My advice is to just go ahead and try it. You will be amazed. I was the same as you before i started using it, i would watch videos and think what if something bad came through.. to this day i have had nothing bad, infact it's all been good, i've helped spirit's cross over and i''ve also spoke to my brother who passed away in december, he told me thing's no one else but he would know , that i know was true.

Best regards tom.
Rest in peace brother, We'll meet again one day. <3

#6 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

No offence to you, but your post offended me.
I don't see if you don't believe in the board and feel it's just a piece of wood then why do you continue to post on topic's?, surely if you felt the user's playing with the ouija were idiot's and it's all in there mind you'd just ignore them. Also i've been told names birthdates and places which i have retrieved the death records of spirit's who have spoke through the ouija and it turn's out every word they said was true. Explain ?

Sorry if that sounded sarcastic and offensive but it's more of a debate then a act of spite.

regards tom.

No offense taken. I simply posted because the OP had questions regarding using or not using a board. Everyone is entitled to their own belief as to whether there is a danger or not, and in fairness, and to present the opposing side of the argument, I posted my thoughts. That allows the OP to weigh both sides and make his own mind up as to whether he feels there is a danger or not. Had only one side been presented the poster would have only one opinion, not a good way if one is to remain unbiased. He, and you are free to decide for yourselves using all available information.

As for the validity of the spirits you make the claim, I won't say one way or the other simply because I wasn't present, don't know the degree of accuracy required to validate, and haven't actually done any research into those cases. All I can say is the majority, NOT ALL, cases I have researched involving spirit claims have been debunked after thorough study. And without actually doing that level of research I won't make any claim or attempt to discredit any claim made by another in that regard. I remain an open minded skeptic of ALL claims of paranormal activity until they are proven to not be something else.

Hope that clarifies my position on the above, It is not my intent to offend anyone.

#7 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:12 PM

I have played with a ouija board several times and have not had anything bad ever happen to me or the people I was with. I think it can be a lot of fun if it's not taken too seriously. Very often it attracts joker spirits who are there just to play with your mind. Nevertheless some good information can come out of it, to be sure.

As for demons, I am of the opinion that demons and negativity exist side by side with us. Negativity can enter your life only if you let it. If you ask it in, that'll do it. If you fear it, that's another way of giving it power over you. I beliee that if you surround the demon with love, it will greatly weaken its power. After all, it comes from god and will someday return to god. :ghost:
petunia4998

#8 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:31 AM

My biggest concern over the Ouija is that you are inviting an unknown entity to possess you (or at least your arm) to move the the marker to spell words. You are knocking and anyone could answer. Spirits and other entities are not bound to tell the truth, so you have to discern any lies or malice.

With a pendulum, the spirit moves the weight instead of your hand, so there isn't as great a risk.

I agree with CaveRat that Ouija is just a board and something used for a marker. There is nothing special about a store-bought board vs one you draw on a piece of scratch paper.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#9 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:26 AM

I agree with the previous member. The Ouija is considered to be part of the occult. Some use it for fun and others get more into it and serious. But in any case you are inviting something in, why take the risk. Prayer does not work, so I wouldnt bother, because nothing can stop what is about to happen. Its no different than doing a seance, and that is summonsing the same type of spirit. I just dont think loved ones or human spirits, communicate that way, and it attracts lower negative and sometimes evil entities. I believe that entities have no concept of time and space, so they could surface after some years, but thats just me..

#10 THE MISTER

THE MISTER

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:science,theology

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:26 AM

OK. My husband bought a Ouija Board and I haven't even taken it out of the package yet. I'd LOVE to play with it, but as an investigator I know the dangers and risks.

THERE IS NO WAY TO SAFELY PLAY WITH AN OUIJA BOARD. PERIOD. HAVE NO DEALING WITH THE FORCES OF DARKNESS,,AS GOD STRICTLY COMMANDS. WHAT YOU CONSIDER PLAY IS INDEED DANGEROUS. SECONDLY ,YOU STATED THAT YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE,THAT IT IS DANGEROUS,SO IF YOU PROCEED ,GOD MAY ALLOW SOMETHING TO ENTER,OF WHICH YOU DO NOT WANT,EITHER IN YOUR HOUSE,OR YOURSELF.ARE YOU NOT DILIBERATELY GOING AGAINST WHAT GOD TELLS YOU NOT TO DO?DONT LEARN A LESSON THE HARD WAY,I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

Edited by aloha_spirit, 07 March 2011 - 10:11 PM.

#11 THE MISTER

THE MISTER

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:22 PM

OK. My husband bought a Ouija Board and I haven't even taken it out of the package yet. I'd LOVE to play with it, but as an investigator I know the dangers and risks. Is there a "safer" way for us to use the board, or is there no such thing as a "safe" way? :yawn:

Some things for you to consider,,IF YOU had a real contact ,you have to ask yourself,what is contacting you?Common sense correct? If you believe its a dear departed,or an angelic being for good,you are wrong,rather a demonic entity,posing as harmless. There is a paradox here. Demonic contact is only allowed by GOD,since demons are not allowed to do so without his express permission.Why then would such an instance be allowed? So you can see,that God is not to be taken lightly,HENCE,DO NOT TEMPT THE LORD YOUR GOD. I know many will see this as a opinion,and its sometimes tiring to show the larger picture,but i know of what i speak,,dont fall for ignorance is bliss explanations. What i have said ,relates to years of study,of the best theologians on the planet..if you wish to discuss this in greater length,or have questions about the real spirit world.

Edited by MoonChild, 08 March 2011 - 08:05 AM.
removed the eMail address

#12 ParanormalOuija

ParanormalOuija

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal.

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:17 AM

OK. My husband bought a Ouija Board and I haven't even taken it out of the package yet. I'd LOVE to play with it, but as an investigator I know the dangers and risks. Is there a "safer" way for us to use the board, or is there no such thing as a "safe" way? ;)

Some things for you to consider,,IF YOU had a real contact ,you have to ask yourself,what is contacting you?Common sense correct? If you believe its a dear departed,or an angelic being for good,you are wrong,rather a demonic entity,posing as harmless. There is a paradox here. Demonic contact is only allowed by GOD,since demons are not allowed to do so without his express permission.Why then would such an instance be allowed? So you can see,that God is not to be taken lightly,HENCE,DO NOT TEMPT THE LORD YOUR GOD. I know many will see this as a opinion,and its sometimes tiring to show the larger picture,but i know of what i speak,,dont fall for ignorance is bliss explanations. What i have said ,relates to years of study,of the best theologians on the planet..if you wish to discuss this in greater length,or have questions about the real spirit world.

I respect your opinion but this made me laugh.

In my own opinion, religion is all based on fear. Exactly what you have just shown in your last post.
Rest in peace brother, We'll meet again one day. <3

#13 THE MISTER

THE MISTER

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:11 PM

[quote name='singingcowboy674' date='Feb 24 2011, 11:52 PM' post='557942']
Maeve,

Contrary to Carlotta, I do not believe there is a "less dangerous" way to use a Ouija board. All a demon wants to do is to establish two way communication with you. Once that happens, I don't care what kind of white light protection you use or how firmly your intent is not to talk to anything other than a human spirit, it really doesn't mean a hill of beans.

By putting your fingers on the planchette and inviting communication you are by default giving any demon that wants to come through, a foothold in your life. A authority to interfere. Once that "supernatural bridge" has been built, you can't pick and choose who comes across. And contrary as well to what most believe; I do NOT believe that any entities who have crossed over into the physical (unannounced) will just be sucked right back to the other side once you move the planchette to "goodbye".

Adam,,im in total agreement with your analogy. Someone figures that my stance prowls on religious fear,hence my statement ,that ignorance is bliss for some. I never stated,that something would absolutely happen to anyone using an ouija board at every time,rather,there is a higher risk of contact,IF, you know the difference,are told the difference,and still choose to proceed. Secondly,contact with the board,is not in itself of any consequence. The board does not have any power of itself,,but rather the intent of the heart of the user and what that person is trying to contact for thrills. This is dangerous.I can tell by your letter,that you are well read,and im sure you know where it is,that the warning not to deal with powers or principalities is located. People are fascinated with paranormal phenonema,and are playing satans game unaware

#14 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

IDK...I'm inclined to go Buddhist and say that what we experience and perceive of the world around us is an extention of our own energy as far as demons go
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#15 Moody98

Moody98

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Cemeteries, vampires, werewolves, ghosts, cooking, guitar, skateboarding, horseback riding.

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:56 PM

I would say use it. It should be for fun. If whoever you are communicating with should be making the experience enjoyable and if it is not enjoyable then you should try to avoid the unenjoyable spirits and try to find contact with a more enjoyable spirit. As long as you remain selective about who you contact unenjoyable spirits won't be a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users