Japan Tsunami Predicted by Ghost Box Session

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tim650

tim650

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:01 AM

Hey guys just wanted to share this ghost box session with you as we thought it was pretty cool. Anyways the session was done on March 3rd, and didn't really give much thought as to when it said Japan at the time.

Japan Tsunami Ghost Prohecy Vid

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:25 AM

Interesting, but what is the authenticity of this clip? :P
Posted Image

#3 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:44 AM

The Ghost Box, a.k.a Frank's Box has been largely discredited and debunked as a means of paranormal investigation. Many an experiment has been done to study the different varieties of Frank's Box. What has been found is that you can hear pretty much anything you want in the garble coming from the box, something akin to audio paredolia (I was involved in one such experiment and found this to be true). From a scientific standpoint, any information gathered using this type of device is questionable at best.
Posted Image

#4 Caniswalensis

Caniswalensis

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:45 PM

Whether or not the words "Japan" & "Tsunami" are being said is debateable, but lets go with that interpretation for the sake of discussion.

This can not really be counted as a prediction, because it does not truely predict or warn of anything. Mentioning Japan & tsunamis itogether is like saying "bacon & eggs" it is not unisual, as tsunamis are pretty common in the region.

The fact that a tsunami occured soon after this session is probably a coincidence. If I say "bacon & eggs" you can bet someone some where is eating breakfast right now. That is a more extreme example, but if a tsunami had occured anytime within a year of this session, it would have been counted as a hit.

Also, the box is reported to have said "it didn't happen" This makes more sense if the box were speaking of past events.

All in all, I can't give this much credence, either as a prediction of the Japanese earthquake & tsunami, or as a genuine spirit communication.

regards, Canis

"It is proper for you to doubt ... do not go upon report ... do not go upon tradition ... do not go upon hear-say." ~ Buddha

#5 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:36 PM

The pareidolia box strikes again! A question is asked and about 20 phonemes are heard. Of course the listener is free to disregard whatever ones don't fit the desired outcome, but I can hear "snowfall" and "Germany" if I put my mind to it!

And we wonder why this field gets no respect......

#6 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:10 AM

And I thought it was only me, because all I heard was a bunch of gibberish. Very rarely am I able to see or hear what I am supposed to see or hear in a sample photo or evp.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

I don't know if this is even real. If it is, it said, 'it didn't happen' and well, it's wrong. It did happen.

Whatever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users